Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My Car Is Haunted

• Please log in to reply

Informer

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
I don't think my car is haunted...
The problem with it is, the dashboard lighting and panels lights will blink in a few seconds and back to normal...
Till today, I've made 4 visits to SC and all wiring being check, tested and re-check...
They even test-drive my car with lights ON during every rectification visit but problem will never show-up...
Since, they can't see it, their conclusion is OK...

On the other hand, when I drive the car either alone or with my family, the lights flickering dashboard will happen again and again at a few seconds interval and then gone...
Yesterday, on the way back from Rawang to KL (night), I even ON my HP video recording to capture the said incident but nothing happens...

All dashboard lights will suddenly blink/ flickers a few clicks... then back to normal...

Ironically, when the video recording is OFF after a few minutes, the flicker happens again...
If anybody had any experience with the dashboard flickering on/off automatically and back to normal, please share...
(Description: see horror movies, when lights suddenly flickers)

Since, on 4 occasion, all the wiring being checked, tested, and even change 1 set internal fuse-box console, but it still happens, it's just un-explainable...
During the incident, all engine, air-con, headlamps, signal, works normally...
My car mileage is about 6116km, 3 months old, bought new...

Because of this paranormal incident and can't be checked or explained, I think my car is haunted... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

jackson

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
i think its the done by a korean ghost.

because my car (hyundai trajet), the dashboard meter panel goes off last time when turning. and then it othertimes, it goes off while not even turning. now it doesnt. it stays on all the time. think that ghost left oredi.

but recently was replaced by new ghost. when i put on turn signal, it goes crazy (blink very fast). this happens whether i turn on left or right signal. checked signal lights, all functioning. none fused.

very weird.

btw, the car is 6 years old when start to show these "signs". its 7 years old now.
It's easy when you know how...

Informer

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:57 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jun 11 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think its the done by a korean ghost.

because my car (hyundai trajet), the dashboard meter panel goes off last time when turning. and then it othertimes, it goes off while not even turning. now it doesnt. it stays on all the time. think that ghost left oredi.

but recently was replaced by new ghost. when i put on turn signal, it goes crazy (blink very fast). this happens whether i turn on left or right signal. checked signal lights, all functioning. none fused.

very weird.

btw, the car is 6 years old when start to show these "signs". its 7 years old now.

Since I'm starting to love Koreans...
Maybe... somebody/ someone is trying to follow me home... ohmy.gif

Tonight, on the way to Rawang from KL, was able to video record these said paranormal activities...
Bare in mind... the video that you are about to see here is quite scary... smile_evil.gif
(Not for the weak hearted...)

Click to view scary video... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:27 AM

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts
Ke...ke...really scary if driving alone at nite smile_big.gif

At least now can show this video to ur sc . smile_thumbup.gif

war2z

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Freaky. Oddly it only blinks for the odometer portion only.

Good that you are taking this positively.

jackson

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
informer,
freaky man...

is it only afflicting u, or have some of the other users experience the same thing oso?
It's easy when you know how...

Informer

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jun 12 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
informer,
freaky man...

is it only afflicting u, or have some of the other users experience the same thing oso?

This so called encounter will happen only when either I drive alone or with my family...
If send to SC... and any Technician that will test-drive my car during trouble-shooting, the said incident won't happen...
Maybe the trouble won't show-up to Hyundai's Staff and Technicians, but only to me...
And during 2hrs. of video recording, it will happen only at a few clicks, and un-predictable, when and how...
Having it caught on video is already a major break-through to me...
That's kind of weird...

QUOTE (war2z @ Jun 12 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Freaky. Oddly it only blinks for the odometer portion only.

Good that you are taking this positively.

Not only the odometer portion, but all other panel lighting at air-con display and radio and side doors buttons also...
SC visits 4 times, sometimes need to take a day off or half day off...
Sooner or later... these visits will ware me off or bored me... because time consuming...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

skcheng

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

skcheng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
informer, very weird to your meter... was it like intermittent, any trend ?

u may go to hyundai club to check out any owners there have the same experiences

I have my Avante 2.0 for more than 60,000KM liao... so far have not seen this paranormal activitiy yet to my dashboard and meter...touch wood

Informer

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (skcheng @ Jun 12 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
informer, very weird to your meter... was it like intermittent, any trend ?

u may go to hyundai club to check out any owners there have the same experiences

I have my Avante 2.0 for more than 60,000KM liao... so far have not seen this paranormal activitiy yet to my dashboard and meter...touch wood

The car is great...

Maybe it's just a faulty connector...
Also, some of the technician maybe are not expert enough to trouble-shoot wiring problems...
I've seen them do it... dashboard meter being taken off... skin bare all the wires...
Use all the gadgets and electronically available tools to diagnose and search for the said problem...
Change 1 (one) full set some sort of FUSE BOX console (FREE) because still under warranty...

SC Manager drive the car with me on board on rough spoiled road, with lights ON, knocking and slapping on the dashboard to make the said problem appear, but none... just everything works perfectly...

As soon as I leave the SC, drive just a few Km's to back home, the blinking syndrome re-appear again...
Just plain weird... and it's un-predictable... as if, it wants to blink, it will, and if not, it stays normal...

I already booked appointment for another visit...
If, after this, if it still happen, will definitely bring up the matter to Hyundai Worldwide management, or post it to foreign Hyundai forums or blogs...
At the mean time, to me, it's just another minor manufacture glitch as long as it doesn't effect anything else of the car...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

war2z

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Put a cactus in the car. I heard pokey plants will ward of spirits. smile_big.gif