Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Gear Change Jerking

• Please log in to reply

elton

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

elton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 1 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, if atf can sludge, means very long time no change oil....... smile_shock.gif

aka contamination. Recond cars you'll never know lol. Not really sludge la, as in... freakin dirty biggrin.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (elton @ Sep 2 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aka contamination. Recond cars you'll never know lol. Not really sludge la, as in... freakin dirty biggrin.gif

Recond or 2nd hand cars, don't know their past records. Normally when purchase one, I do all the fluid change.
Engine oil, Gear Oil or ATF, Brake fluid and clutch too if hydraulic, radiator coolant....oil & petrol filter too.... smile_wink.gif

yuneh16

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (kfloo @ Aug 28 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im driving Hyundai Getz year 2003 1.6 . my gear box also have the jerk when slow down / stop. May i know any one have that issue before. i do flush the ATF oil at 30k km. but still have such porblem which is now already 116k km.

Please advice if send to repair gear box. can it solve?

Hi there Getzer, mine is 1.3 2003. Just to share. I am a frequent road user to JB so I service my car on time, maintain 40K GB oil change with filter. My case was the GB fails at 185 000km. But that was because some circumstances where a Negro in a Naza Ria to blame.

The time it fails, I was cruising at about 80kmh where suddenly the gear drops to 3rd, cannot go up or down. Send to JKS in Balakong for refurb my GB. The GB works well when cold, but start to jerk when going from 3rd to intermediate gear and when stagnant in 'D'.

Some say whenever GB is being operated(overhauled) , the perfomance will never be as same as new one. I am not really sure wit this quote but if you happen to be in KL, you may try visit Sun Eng Hup, where they will test the GB before installation.

Just sharing.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Dec 27 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there Getzer, mine is 1.3 2003. Just to share. I am a frequent road user to JB so I service my car on time, maintain 40K GB oil change with filter. My case was the GB fails at 185 000km. But that was because some circumstances where a Negro in a Naza Ria to blame.

The time it fails, I was cruising at about 80kmh where suddenly the gear drops to 3rd, cannot go up or down. Send to JKS in Balakong for refurb my GB. The GB works well when cold, but start to jerk when going from 3rd to intermediate gear and when stagnant in 'D'.

Some say whenever GB is being operated(overhauled) , the perfomance will never be as same as new one. I am not really sure wit this quote but if you happen to be in KL, you may try visit Sun Eng Hup, where they will test the GB before installation.

Just sharing.

Seen my mechanic overhaul GB before and no problem. Major problems one, can get recon unit rather then overhaul..... smile_thumbup.gif

yuneh16

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seen my mechanic overhaul GB before and no problem. Major problems one, can get recon unit rather then overhaul..... smile_thumbup.gif

What type of car ur mech refurb? toyota? actually mine is consider recond but i insist they use the existing GB to recond it.

r3xt0n

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 9 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard some say for ATF, most SC don't flush, just pan change only...... smile_blackeye.gif

Some mechanic recommend not to flush if you have not totally flush before because that might affect the pressure and created unintended issues. Most importantly, is to clean the magnet and change the ATF Filter. Also make sure the right ATF according to the spec is used.

r3xt0n

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, not many has the real experience and knowledge to rebuild one. Many workshops only half bail water to tipu makan.

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:15 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What type of car ur mech refurb? toyota? actually mine is consider recond but i insist they use the existing GB to recond it.

He repairs all sorts of cars. For GB, he will repair or try to repair. If major problem, normally they buy recon unit to replace if okay with owner. Old GB not sure recon company will take or not.

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jan 12 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some mechanic recommend not to flush if you have not totally flush before because that might affect the pressure and created unintended issues. Most importantly, is to clean the magnet and change the ATF Filter. Also make sure the right ATF according to the spec is used.

That is the problem. Owner should have maintain the GB with regular maintenance, then flushing is not a problem.
If GB already develop problem or longtime did not change atf, then no advisable to flush.

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jan 12 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, not many has the real experience and knowledge to rebuild one. Many workshops only half bail water to tipu makan.

ha! ha! yup some mechanic half pail water also try to cari/tipu makan..... smile_shock.gif