Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

02' - 06' Toyota Camry

• Please log in to reply

oec88

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

oec88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (WajaPremium @ May 30 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do take a look at the ACV30. The price difference between the ACV 30 & 31 is not much. In the ACV 30, you get HID head light, VSC & traction control, chromatic rear view mirror (changes color in order not to dazzle you by the head light from behind), leather seats, bigger 16" wheels, electric seats adjustment for both driver and pessenger etc. Road tax is only about RM 300 higher per year.

That's what my family talking about, an extra RM300 road tax for them is killing, and they refuse to go for that.

Now the good news is, we hunted down that Camry ACV-31 but didn't purchase yet. We have finally refuse to buy that Camry because we got the information from our far away relative that is a second hand car trader about the Camry we are looked into is too expensive. RM92,000 for such 4 years old car and 104k mileage is not worth. Even we buy it, we will also have something worry or painful in our heart, so he suggested us why not go for new car which is worth more. He also said that the resale value of big family saloon soon will drop very fast due to petrol price hike and so on.

Finally, we call our Toyota salesman to our home and we purchase the new Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G Sporty, the one that has the highest spec version. Request pearl white colour add another RM800. Will get the car in 3 weeks time, can't wait to see that baby. Free Garmin GPS device, the car comes with solar and security film, also fully CBU imported from Thailand, kind of good deal.

simonlim

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (oec88 @ May 30 2010, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today just hunt down a 06' Toyota Camry facelift ACV-31 (2.0E) model, cost around RM92k, is the price okay or slightly higher? Will go and discuss with the trader tomorrow.

very expensive though. i bought one in Dec 2008, the car was registered in August 2006. only RM94k, already expensive that time. now it should be just RM83-85k. anything more than that is "water fish". good luck bro! but better go for 2.4V if ure mainly in the capital. 2.0L is best for small town driving mixed with occasional long distance travel.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

simonlim

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (oec88 @ May 30 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what my family talking about, an extra RM300 road tax for them is killing, and they refuse to go for that.

Now the good news is, we hunted down that Camry ACV-31 but didn't purchase yet. We have finally refuse to buy that Camry because we got the information from our far away relative that is a second hand car trader about the Camry we are looked into is too expensive. RM92,000 for such 4 years old car and 104k mileage is not worth. Even we buy it, we will also have something worry or painful in our heart, so he suggested us why not go for new car which is worth more. He also said that the resale value of big family saloon soon will drop very fast due to petrol price hike and so on.

Finally, we call our Toyota salesman to our home and we purchase the new Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G Sporty, the one that has the highest spec version. Request pearl white colour add another RM800. Will get the car in 3 weeks time, can't wait to see that baby. Free Garmin GPS device, the car comes with solar and security film, also fully CBU imported from Thailand, kind of good deal.

considering ur situation, maybe this is a more economical option.. but seriously, u will not have the feeling of a big saloon. it's totally different in an altis, especially if u have rather bigger sized family members and a long distance to travel. the comfort is unmatchable to that of a camry. this is just my opinion. my family members are quite big sized overall, so altis is cramped for us. my mileage that time when i bought the car was just 40k km. now only clocked another 28k km after 18months of ownership.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

oec88

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

oec88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ May 30 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
considering ur situation, maybe this is a more economical option.. but seriously, u will not have the feeling of a big saloon. it's totally different in an altis, especially if u have rather bigger sized family members and a long distance to travel. the comfort is unmatchable to that of a camry. this is just my opinion. my family members are quite big sized overall, so altis is cramped for us. my mileage that time when i bought the car was just 40k km. now only clocked another 28k km after 18months of ownership.

The lucky deal you have there. If that Camry is selling around RM83k, we will probably go for it. But then my parents are now also started to worry about the resale value, due to the petrol price hike issue.

Corolla Altis resale value is always stable and not easy to drop. Camry will slightly drop more, as they always say "big car" will lose more money. Anyway hope I didn't offend any Camry owner here, I myself like Camry too, of course for the comfort. biggrin.gif

Joytoy

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
Camry & altis different class.
No doubt you will need to pay more for the camry but it gives you a drive in comfort, spaciousness, maybe slightly in the prestige area as well. Rm300 extra should not be a factor lah. That works out for less than RM1 per day. Drink 1 teh tarik less per day lor.

Often once you have owned & driven (on extended basis & not just test drive) a camry, you will not settle for an altis or anything else not meeting its benchmark.

oec88

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

oec88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ May 31 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Camry & altis different class.
No doubt you will need to pay more for the camry but it gives you a drive in comfort, spaciousness, maybe slightly in the prestige area as well. Rm300 extra should not be a factor lah. That works out for less than RM1 per day. Drink 1 teh tarik less per day lor.

Often once you have owned & driven (on extended basis & not just test drive) a camry, you will not settle for an altis or anything else not meeting its benchmark.

After I finish reading your comment, I'm a bit don't know which to go for, also already place order on the new Altis.

By the way, now I'm only 22 year old, but I do like uncle-ish car, include woody interior. For BMW and Mercedes, I may be go for Mercedes too. biggrin.gif Just wait for few more year until I officially get out from University and get a job, then only consider a new Toyota Camry.

Thanks for the information.

simonlim

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (oec88 @ Jun 1 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After I finish reading your comment, I'm a bit don't know which to go for, also already place order on the new Altis.

By the way, now I'm only 22 year old, but I do like uncle-ish car, include woody interior. For BMW and Mercedes, I may be go for Mercedes too. biggrin.gif Just wait for few more year until I officially get out from University and get a job, then only consider a new Toyota Camry.

im just 23 years old. smile_approve.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

Joytoy

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (oec88 @ Jun 1 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My 1st camry ownership started in my 20's. I am still using a camry 15 years later & over 4 generations.

Would I buy another camry ?
Depends if another make can meet or exceed my expectations (including $$$)
That has been my expectations when changing, so to date I could not find a better alternative model.

eithanius

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

eithanius

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jun 2 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

damn it...! you lucky bastards just made me look so old... sterb324.gif sterb324.gif

can't believe young ppl nowadays early 20s can carry laptops while driving Camrys to school liao... I can only afford a second hand Wira, carrying heavy loads of books to school at that age... smile_cry.gif

BSDriver

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jun 2 2010, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucky you for the money that you have. If I were at your age, definatey both cars are not my cup of tea. Since your still studying and most likely the money is not yours, just obey the advice of your parents.
BSDriver