Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mideast Roads 2nd Most Dangerous

• Please log in to reply

tpl

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 3 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That one safe. smile_approve.gif

alot of quarter miles kaki there
2012 NMT President

jacksonljs

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ May 20 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are like barbarians, 10 times worse than our drivers here smile_angry.gif
Impatience, no road manners and vulgar....it is common to see drivers punching at each others along the road

Agreed...

But, no need to go so far about Arabian drivers.... coz in some part of Malaysia also got these scenario. Try to drive in Kuching (coz most of the Kuching drivers are no better or even worse than those barbaric Arabian drivers)

darreltian

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Jul 13 2010, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed...

But, no need to go so far about Arabian drivers.... coz in some part of Malaysia also got these scenario. Try to drive in Kuching (coz most of the Kuching drivers are no better or even worse than those barbaric Arabian drivers)

you mean in rural parts of kuching?....been there before, they are not as fast as us here smile_big.gif
or maybe i did not encounter those barbaric drivers...

i hate penang drivers....very kiasu....even if you signal to switch lane also kena fingers smile_disapprove.gif
or most of the time, they will purposely speed up and don't allow you....nabeh smile_angry.gif
i guess their brains are 'corroded' by the sea smile_tongue.gif

kohf1drive

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Jul 13 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you mean in rural parts of kuching?....been there before, they are not as fast as us here smile_big.gif

i hate penang drivers....very kiasu....even if you signal to switch lane also kena fingers smile_disapprove.gif
or most of the time, they will purposely speed up and don't allow you....nabeh smile_angry.gif
i guess their brains are 'corroded' by the sea smile_tongue.gif

But I went penang, on signal straightaway cut in they give way wo, even the front is jam

darreltian

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Jul 13 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I went penang, on signal straightaway cut in they give way wo, even the front is jam

my brother who works in penang is the one who told me that penangnites are the worse manners when on the road...even worse than kl hot-tempered folks

jacksonljs

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Jul 13 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To support my post earlier about most of Kuching drivers (coz many 'setan' around Kuching roads that 10 times worse than those rude and barbaric Arabian drivers plus with many 'things' in their ride), here's the posting from other forummer named 'boboman' and 'darkwizard' about road condition in Kuching.

Of course in Kuching, referring to the post below, they are not as fast as when driving in KL, especially those are foreign to drive in Kuching. This is because there will be 'setan jalanan' that purposely drive slowly while waiting any bait to challenge them. So, if you overtake these or any suspicious 'setan jalanan' aggresively, God bless you.

To those who are new and/or foreign in Kuching city, when you drive, please refer to the red and bold highlighted statement. And if you want to overtake, please make a 'low profile' one.

QUOTE (darkwizard @ Mar 23 2005, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Original Poster : boboman
Original Post : dont simply overtaken people on the road oii, sometime
when you meet
extreme bad human, they will chase you and stop you and get you beaten
up.
there r lots of this case in kuching since the road is like hell here.

>> yup i agree cause lots of Ah Beng in Kuching or extream bad human are
around the Kuching roads...I did encounter some of them last time and i
just keep my distance and drive at a constant speed so if the Ah Beng
Kuching car is slower than mine, then it will not so noticable that i
have overtake them. The possible reasons people call the road in Kuching
is like hell is mainly the Police enforcer is not very active and only
take action if someone has been kill or seriously hurt by those extream
bad human(AKA "Samseng Jalan". With weapons inside their car) therefore
promote or encouraging more and more new "Samseng Jalan" these day untill
so many day light killings can happen easily and already at an alarming
rate already.

So an advice to all those who are foreign to drive in Kuching city,
please don't cut lane, overtake, speeding, or any other thing that can
caught the attention of the Samseng Jalan
cause you never know and cannot
judge by the look of the car. Just do a normal slow driving and always
keep to the left if not overtaking and let people cut your lane easily

jacksonljs

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Jul 13 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even in KL, when changing lane (of course must look at side and rear mirrors 1st), i blink my signal light for 0.5 - 2 seconds then cut in, ONLY IF situation allows and most importantly, there are no motorbikes near my car.

QUOTE (darreltian @ Jul 13 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my brother who works in penang is the one who told me that penangnites are the worse manners when on the road...even worse than kl hot-tempered folks

Agreed... About Penang drivers (i visited them nearly 2 years ago with groups of friends by a bus), what i could see during 1.5 days visit is, not only car drivers that refuses to give way and park anywhere as they like, most motorcyclists rode against traffic flow at busy town area (places with many pedestrians) while ignoring those 'No Entry' sign.

But, one thing about KL drivers is, some of them are 'fake-blind' because they like to stop inside yellow box, causing other side facing difficulty to get out from junction.

However, one thing i praise towards KL drivers (mostly) compared to Penang drivers is they are willing to give way for those vehicles that are faster (if situation allows) in 2 or 3 lanes roads and less road hogging.

darreltian

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Jul 14 2010, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To support my post earlier about most of Kuching drivers (coz many 'setan' around Kuching roads that 10 times worse than those rude and barbaric Arabian drivers plus with many 'things' in their ride), here's the posting from other forummer named 'boboman' and 'darkwizard' about road condition in Kuching.

Of course in Kuching, referring to the post below, they are not as fast as when driving in KL, especially those are foreign to drive in Kuching. This is because there will be 'setan jalanan' that purposely drive slowly while waiting any bait to challenge them. So, if you overtake these or any suspicious 'setan jalanan' aggresively, God bless you.

To those who are new and/or foreign in Kuching city, when you drive, please refer to the red and bold highlighted statement. And if you want to overtake, please make a 'low profile' one.

A fren from Miri told me that gangsterism is very prominent in kuching....even police dare not go to their 'zons' at night....i think it's more like pirate smile_sleepy.gif

tpl

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
ipoh bus drivers are good.. they actually put on indicators and wait cars to pass them only they drive off the bus stop. unlike KL those drvers just swerve out like no body biz.. bad is most of the drivers drive slow in fast lane.. honk or flash or indicator they act dont know... smile_angry.gif
2012 NMT President

Along

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Along

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts
couldn't agree more... local boys calls it "drifting"... and none of them have (need) license to drive.. in fact their culture encourages them to drive as soon as they can walk... most use rental car, if accident or breakdown, just leave it as no law can touch them... in my place, there's always policeman at the junctions but they only wait for call from radio to attend to accident. If they get bored, they'll play with the traffic signal control until there's a big jam everywhere... then they'll cabut....