Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8x Ecu And Cobra Immobilizer Prob

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kelvinhunt @ Jun 1 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gunnerzz,

The fastest speed ever driven with the car is around 185. However that is done a number of occasions during my travel on highways up north and down south!

Frequency is not too often but would say everytime i managed to step on the gas, it would surely hit 185 after a while unlike the recent test last week!

Would appreciate if you are able to shed some idea as to whether this is reasonable condition or am i getting into more touble.

Besides that yesterday evening my odometer / tripmeter red colour backlight died all of a sudden! I could see the lcd display in the background with the help of some light (using torchlight or either sunlight mildly lighting it up!) but not easy to read when it is really bright or really dark!
I believe this is just the backlight lcd that would have burned out (similar thing happen with my radio -still ori - where the top left hand light showing the number 1 & 2 for radio station selection also died - I guess this must be something similar but just making things irritating to get it done. Radio I believe would be easy to replace the burned out light but for the dashboard odo/trip meter would really be tough as I've never seen or known how to take the meter panel out to access this led / backlight!
Any idea as to what could be done to revive it as the problems have just started to occur now! A funny set of incidents that are happening one after the other.

have fun
kelvin

I recommend u do a full engine tune-up.
On the display,acc shop can do it for u.
Dunno if its LED type like my blm.

fishangler

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

fishangler

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hi , kelvinhunt ..i have a proton waja 1.8x and facing the problem similar with u that is the Immobiliser can,t function like u said ..may i knw how much u spend on this problem ..? proton quate u how much ..? thanks for adviced !

kelvinhunt

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

kelvinhunt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
QUOTE (fishangler @ Jun 21 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi , kelvinhunt ..i have a proton waja 1.8x and facing the problem similar with u that is the Immobiliser can,t function like u said ..may i knw how much u spend on this problem ..? proton quate u how much ..? thanks for adviced !

Hi,
Proton had quoted me around RM3600 for ECU and another RM500 (Approx) for the Immobilizer. Spare parts shop ECU around Rm2500 while Immobilizer was around Rm460-470 around there... sorry can't recall the immo price.
Actual amount spent on my side around RM1.6k replaced ECU, Immo, workmanship, and other misc. costs
regards
KH

kelvinhunt

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

kelvinhunt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
Hi Gunnerzz,
Based on my latest findings with my local travel from PJ to Pasir Gudang and back to PJ, I managed to get 772km for about 53.5ltrs of RON 95 (ESSO) petrol without any additives and tyre pressure was about 225-230 both front and rear.
Seems to be reasonable but still am unable to attain maximum speed and now with my timing belt already 60k, I think I will not be taking any chances in speeding for the moment. Tune up have not been done yet!
With regards to the backlight for my odometer, I just have not found the time to ask around any of the accessory shops or proton. Need to make a quick trip and hope to get a reasonable cost on this.
Regards
Kelvin Hunt

Gunnerzz

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kelvinhunt @ Jul 7 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gunnerzz,
Based on my latest findings with my local travel from PJ to Pasir Gudang and back to PJ, I managed to get 772km for about 53.5ltrs of RON 95 (ESSO) petrol without any additives and tyre pressure was about 225-230 both front and rear.
Seems to be reasonable but still am unable to attain maximum speed and now with my timing belt already 60k, I think I will not be taking any chances in speeding for the moment. Tune up have not been done yet!
With regards to the backlight for my odometer, I just have not found the time to ask around any of the accessory shops or proton. Need to make a quick trip and hope to get a reasonable cost on this.
Regards
Kelvin Hunt

Thats 14km/l.
I think someone did get 18km/l.
However fc figure depends a lot more to the driver.
If u accelerate and drive in a relaxed manner,the fc will be great.
I've done that b4 on the 1.8 but not for long as its power is addictive.
I recommend u try BHP or Caltex both RON95.

With my dad's car,i pump front 33psi and rear 30psi.
Much sharper steering.

kelvinhunt

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

kelvinhunt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jun 1 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recommend u do a full engine tune-up.
On the display,acc shop can do it for u.
Dunno if its LED type like my blm.

Gunnerzz,
I managed to get the display light at the rear changed for RM3.45 in proton seksyen13 pj without labour charges. You were right, it was not LED but a small bulb from OSRAM c/w holder.
For the tune-up, I have not done it yet as too many things are cropping up after that such as ,changed timing belt folowed by tyre replcement (4no.s) and now my absorber (front) has failed. This year the cost of replacement seems to be high compared to my earlier maintenance intervals.
By the way bro, do you know whether we could use the SACHS abs or any other brand compared to the original APM's absorbers?
Thanks
KH

Gunnerzz

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kelvinhunt @ Aug 10 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gunnerzz,
I managed to get the display light at the rear changed for RM3.45 in proton seksyen13 pj without labour charges. You were right, it was not LED but a small bulb from OSRAM c/w holder.
For the tune-up, I have not done it yet as too many things are cropping up after that such as ,changed timing belt folowed by tyre replcement (4no.s) and now my absorber (front) has failed. This year the cost of replacement seems to be high compared to my earlier maintenance intervals.
By the way bro, do you know whether we could use the SACHS abs or any other brand compared to the original APM's absorbers?
Thanks
KH

There are lots of aftermarket brand which can be used on Waja.
The most important thing is to set your priority,comfort or all out handling or somewhere in between.

Cost of maintenance is always going to be high as its a conti.But u are rewarded with a great drive right?

arechor

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

arechor

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
i really amazed that bro gunnerz says that some person even get 18kl/l? does that true?i never get that figure.the best i can get is 13km/l if driving under 90km/h..do you really used renault engine?how about the tyre?use original one or changed the size?if i want to check whats the reason i cannot get the fc like you all said,where should i check first?

Gunnerzz

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (arechor @ Aug 15 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really amazed that bro gunnerz says that some person even get 18kl/l? does that true?i never get that figure.the best i can get is 13km/l if driving under 90km/h..do you really used renault engine?how about the tyre?use original one or changed the size?if i want to check whats the reason i cannot get the fc like you all said,where should i check first?

If not mistaken someone mention that figure long2 time ago.
At that moment,i was introducing myself to the 1.8 and new to this forum.

Ask bro darrel or nofear for another hard to believe story of one forumner about his traveling time from KL to JB.
His fc oso not bad at that speed.

Bro darrel,
can u share the story,i forgot the detail already.

kelvinhunt

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

kelvinhunt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Aug 15 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If not mistaken someone mention that figure long2 time ago.
At that moment,i was introducing myself to the 1.8 and new to this forum.

Ask bro darrel or nofear for another hard to believe story of one forumner about his traveling time from KL to JB.
His fc oso not bad at that speed.

Bro darrel,
can u share the story,i forgot the detail already.

Dude,
The best consumption i have achieved after nearing 200k on my car is 792km for 56ltr (translates to about 14.14km/ltr).
I have not tried any further than that. However if you're having new wheels, poor alignment, and other factors that may increase tyre rolling resistance or any drag to the car, then it is really hard to achieve this. As for me the tyre was about 50k in use by then. With my new tyres on (bridgestone ar10) at the moment the best i have got is 13.77km/ltr (tyre pressure as per ori spec).
Just to clarify on my end.
About the aircond issue, was planning to get it checked by next week together with my grounding issue as the temperature always goes up when the aircond is on or the lights switched on.
till then
KH