Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

List Of Owner Problems

• Please log in to reply

chargerguy

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (johnlim123 @ May 15 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too bad - seems my list is long smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

1. Engine leak
2. Pull to left
3. Car stalling/jerking badly (jialat)
4. Battery issue
5. Intermittent extreme knocking (jialat)
6. Sounds from chassis
7. Bad sound proof

ok ok.. that's enug... hope no more... smile_angry.gif smile_angry.gif

My reply below:

1. Engine leak
I also suffer from leaking but it is valve cover leaking and not engine leaking larrrrr

2. Pull to left
Yup..Minor and bearable. SO far, the tyre does not show any extreme wear sign after bout 9k km. I think once u rotate the tyre , it should be better but when u change all 4 new tyres, it will become bad again..sad.gif

Never hard this issue. Car stalling and slight jerking when the car is not WARM UP at all. Early morning start up for 1 min, on aircon, the car will tend to stall and jerk slightly but it is ok with me coz some car without throttle body behave like this as well...Can you give more details on car stalling and jerking???

4. Battery issue
Touch wood, not yet on mine and will check it out..sad.gif

How do you detect this??Do you hear any knocking sound when u r driving? What is the condition ( morning, hot afternoon, night time?) when the knocking happen?

6. Sounds from chassis
What sound from chassis? On my car, when we hit some small uneven road or holes, the rear left tend to have knocking sound but solve it recently.

7. Bad sound proof
Ermmmm...this is very personal. It depends what car u compare with. I personally think that 308 THP have quite good SP but then the rear tyre tend to roar slightly louder with CSC3 and I change to F1 Assy in the beginning. So it is better but still roar. Mostly due to tyre sound. The rest SP are good unless u compare to Lexus or Land Cruiser V8...smile.gif

However, If I were to choose to buy a sub RM150K car again, I will not hesitate to get 308THP again..smile.gif

1 cent oni...smile.gif

Cheers

joelucas91

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

joelucas91

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ May 15 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My reply below:

1. Engine leak
I also suffer from leaking but it is valve cover leaking and not engine leaking larrrrr

2. Pull to left
Yup..Minor and bearable. SO far, the tyre does not show any extreme wear sign after bout 9k km. I think once u rotate the tyre , it should be better but when u change all 4 new tyres, it will become bad again..sad.gif

Never hard this issue. Car stalling and slight jerking when the car is not WARM UP at all. Early morning start up for 1 min, on aircon, the car will tend to stall and jerk slightly but it is ok with me coz some car without throttle body behave like this as well...Can you give more details on car stalling and jerking???

4. Battery issue

How do you detect this??Do you hear any knocking sound when u r driving? What is the condition ( morning, hot afternoon, night time?) when the knocking happen?

6. Sounds from chassis
What sound from chassis? On my car, when we hit some small uneven road or holes, the rear left tend to have knocking sound but solve it recently.

7. Bad sound proof
Ermmmm...this is very personal. It depends what car u compare with. I personally think that 308 THP have quite good SP but then the rear tyre tend to roar slightly louder with CSC3 and I change to F1 Assy in the beginning. So it is better but still roar. Mostly due to tyre sound. The rest SP are good unless u compare to Lexus or Land Cruiser V8...smile.gif

However, If I were to choose to buy a sub RM150K car again, I will not hesitate to get 308THP again..smile.gif

1 cent oni...smile.gif

Cheers

Yup, I'm driving one... and I agree smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

kenso

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:46 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (johnlim123 @ May 15 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too bad - seems my list is long smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

1. Engine leak
2. Pull to left
4. Battery issue
6. Sounds from chassis
7. Bad sound proof

ok ok.. that's enug... hope no more... smile_angry.gif smile_angry.gif

Sounds exactly like my problems except I don't have issues of the car stalling/jerking badly nor do I have any sounds from the chassis. Although I have experience the pull to the left and sound proofing, I do not consider them bad enough problems to be attended to. I do have outstanding issues of the engine oil leak, intermittent extreme knocking and battery issue though.

chargerguy, I can't answer for john but I can tell you mine is knocking because:-
1) SC's PPS diagnosed as knocking issue. Got a print out
2) After KS erased the error log, I experienced the knocking again ... only this time, I can literally hear it knock.

Everytime I experience the knocking, there is no physical action or pattern that I can determine to recreate this problem for the SC to see. I use RON97 since day 1.

yeappt

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

yeappt

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ May 15 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My reply below:

1. Engine leak

2. Pull to left

4. Battery issue

6. Sounds from chassis

7. Bad sound proof

1 cent oni...smile.gif

Cheers

Hi chargerguy,

can you explain a little bit more about how you resolve the rear left knocking sound (when hit on the uneven road or hole)..
I am facing extractly the same problem but can't even find the solution on it.
do you DIY on it or send to SC ?

thanks

johnlim123

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
chargerguy,

#3: i told u during paparich TT, still remember? (too bad it happened once again today)
#5: i don even know got knocking issue until SC told me with printed out - possible #3 & #5 actually same issue!!??
#6: very minor and ignorable but wan to know what sounds it is.
#7: guess mine quite noisy - will take chance to try other 308s and see how.

cheers

johnlim123

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 15 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds exactly like my problems except I don't have issues of the car stalling/jerking badly nor do I have any sounds from the chassis. Although I have experience the pull to the left and sound proofing, I do not consider them bad enough problems to be attended to. I do have outstanding issues of the engine oil leak, intermittent extreme knocking and battery issue though.

chargerguy, I can't answer for john but I can tell you mine is knocking because:-
1) SC's PPS diagnosed as knocking issue. Got a print out
2) After KS erased the error log, I experienced the knocking again ... only this time, I can literally hear it knock.

Everytime I experience the knocking, there is no physical action or pattern that I can determine to recreate this problem for the SC to see. I use RON97 since day 1.

kenso, how the knocking sounds like? or act like?

the most headache problem is intermittent... smile_disapprove.gif smile_disapprove.gif

chargerguy

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:40 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (yeappt @ May 15 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi chargerguy,

can you explain a little bit more about how you resolve the rear left knocking sound (when hit on the uneven road or hole)..
I am facing extractly the same problem but can't even find the solution on it.
do you DIY on it or send to SC ?

thanks

I just put some superlon on top of the tools. Besides that, I also put one piece which cover up the whole spare tyre area. If u look underneath ur car near the exhaust, there is one black colour plastic alike that is right below the spare tyre area...I put some rubber in between coz that plastic is hitting the chassis slightly.

U might wanna get SC to check on the rear bumper as well...smile.gif

QUOTE (johnlim123 @ May 16 2010, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
chargerguy,

#3: i told u during paparich TT, still remember? (too bad it happened once again today)
Sorry larrrrr...Old man oledi lerrrr...kekekekekekekekeke...btw, u put what brand of petrol?

#5: i don even know got knocking issue until SC told me with printed out - possible #3 & #5 actually same issue!!??
#6: very minor and ignorable but wan to know what sounds it is.
#7: guess mine quite noisy - will take chance to try other 308s and see how.

cheers

mangkokayo

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:10 PM

mangkokayo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
just my 0.5 cents:

to avoid/prepare for the dying battery issue, go n buy a portable voltmeter (better if digital), costs around rm40 only...check ur batt often after that...

from my car:
1) during engine off - battery voltage around 12v <-- considered low when <10v
2) during engine on with aircond + radio + lights = 14+v <-- this is when alternator is charging, and the more the better

kenso

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (mangkokayo @ May 16 2010, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just my 0.5 cents:

to avoid/prepare for the dying battery issue, go n buy a portable voltmeter (better if digital), costs around rm40 only...check ur batt often after that...

from my car:
1) during engine off - battery voltage around 12v <-- considered low when <10v
2) during engine on with aircond + radio + lights = 14+v <-- this is when alternator is charging, and the more the better

Volt does not indicate the health of your battery, ampere does.

And an amp meter costs a whole lot more

joelucas91

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

joelucas91

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
QUOTE (johnlim123 @ May 15 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure fuel quality or not... been using 95 since 1st tank...

Try using RON 97, I was watching our local programme 'Driven' and it said something about RON 95 possibly affecting some cars. The cars that are affected will produce a knocking sound from the engine....