Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

i10 With 1.25 Kappa Engine Is Coming Soon

• Please log in to reply

TheGunner

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Here's our test drive report of the i10 1.25: Hyundai i10 1.25 - Small doses of fun
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Informer

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 5 2010, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's our test drive report of the i10 1.25: Hyundai i10 1.25 - Small doses of fun

Nice... smile_thumbup.gif
A bit expensive just below the RM50k mark...
...but the fun factor is there...

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

TheGunner

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
You might want to check out Danny Tan's review here as well. He was my drive partner during the media drive to PD last week.

Hyundai i10 1.25 Kappa – Test Drive Review
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Informer

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 6 2010, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might want to check out Danny Tan's review here as well. He was my drive partner during the media drive to PD last week.

Hyundai i10 1.25 Kappa – Test Drive Review

Nice... smile_thumbup.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

norwayf

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

norwayf

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
May I know what is the current promotion for 1.1 and 1.2 high spec. My wife is looking for small size car. Thank you.

Informer

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:02 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Taken from the review...

The locally assembled i10 Kappa starts at RM49,668 for the standard spec, rising to RM52,688 for the high spec. The difference between the two is that the costlier car has ABS and dual airbags. There's not much else other than electric side mirrors, 14-inch alloys and a rear spoiler.

The i10 is a very good small car that exceeds expectations at this level, but perhaps the reason why it has been a great sales success is the price. Logic goes with the bigger sized and better equipped Myvi, and the Proton Persona hovers around this price range as well. I guess that in the budget segment, "value for money"ť appeals more than a great drive, but if your priorities differ...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Ronald80

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Ronald80

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (norwayf @ Aug 8 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I know what is the current promotion for 1.1 and 1.2 high spec. My wife is looking for small size car. Thank you.

From what i get the offer is, Rm2k discount add on your trade in car, free reverse sensor and full tank petrol. But, i have cancel the booking due to the waiting list is too long, i booked my car in early June until today still told by salesman need to wait another 1 month.
Make sure don't get bluff by salesman, as the high spec i10 1.25 waiting list is too long and even sales man also have no idea when the car is ready to deliver.
Ronald

Informer

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (Ronald80 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what i get the offer is, Rm2k discount add on your trade in car, free reverse sensor and full tank petrol. But, i have cancel the booking due to the waiting list is too long, i booked my car in early June until today still told by salesman need to wait another 1 month.
Make sure don't get bluff by salesman, as the high spec i10 1.25 waiting list is too long and even sales man also have no idea when the car is ready to deliver.

Yup...
Another import...
Long waiting queue listing...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

norwayf

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

norwayf

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (Ronald80 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for this information. I just checked with salesman today and they told me that no discount for 1.25 due to high demand. Waiting time is 1-2 months or more.

They still have some 1.1 stock but limited in color. Their offer is 3K + free gifts like sensor, front lamp, tinted and others.
I will consider 1.1 despite it is under power as this car is used for normal city drive.

I heard that Tucson waiting period is > 6months. Hyundai Malaysia need to build up their confident with their new cars - better design, better spec. It is good chance to beat T&H but long waiting period will caused cancellation.

zel3875

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

zel3875

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
QUOTE (norwayf @ Aug 8 2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for this information. I just checked with salesman today and they told me that no discount for 1.25 due to high demand. Waiting time is 1-2 months or more.

They still have some 1.1 stock but limited in color. Their offer is 3K + free gifts like sensor, front lamp, tinted and others.
I will consider 1.1 despite it is under power as this car is used for normal city drive.

I heard that Tucson waiting period is > 6months. Hyundai Malaysia need to build up their confident with their new cars - better design, better spec. It is good chance to beat T&H but long waiting period will caused cancellation.

Better booked for the latest engine (1.25). I got around RM2.5k discount for world cup campaign. For i10 1.25, I got this car just 1 month, better go to main branch .

Attached Thumbnails

• i10.JPG