Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2011 Hyundai Avante (elantra)

• Please log in to reply

ring

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ May 3 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Bro...
The Japs were not sleeping...

On "car handling", the Koreans just need to buck-up more...
If they were to invest more on Motor Racing (eg. Accent on World Rally) like Honda, Toyota did (eg. in F1), the technology learned will then be transferred to the common user cars on the road...

The Western's car specs have loads of safety features because it's a standard for foreign cars to be sold there...

Correction! Correction! Correction!

I personally think whatever technology learnt from Motor Racing sports ain't going to transfer to common user..Not in this country la..! Common sense will tell you it meant for publicity.

Western cars with plenty of safety features are also sold here...only beyond the reach of the masses.
Your ignorant on this fact is understandable though.

I have seen Vios met accidence ended dis-integrated. When you visit Honda 3S centre in USJ you can be very shocked to know many accident Citys are over there.

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

Informer

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (ring @ May 4 2010, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correction! Correction! Correction!

I personally think whatever technology learnt from Motor Racing sports ain't going to transfer to common user..Not in this country la..! Common sense will tell you it meant for publicity.

Western cars with plenty of safety features are also sold here...only beyond the reach of the masses.
Your ignorant on this fact is understandable though.

I have seen Vios met accidence ended dis-integrated. When you visit Honda 3S centre in USJ you can be very shocked to know many accident Citys are over there.

The point is...
In Malaya a.k.a Boleh Land... Safety features on Automobile is of non-priority when sold to end users like us.
P1 and P2 just want to sell cars as many as they can and show statistics on Media, that they have done a good job.

Of course, people with money will go for higher specs vehicles with safety, but for commoners who can only afford a Kancil, the risk is always there. These people should have the rights to their safety also.

What I'm trying to say is, if we got SIRIM for benchmarking the electrical products quality standards, why can't P1 and P2 do the same on their said products? If vehicle are sub-standard in safety on manufacturing, they should not be sold to users.
Refering back to P2 Alza accident at Kesas recently... I wonder if P2 have done any crash-test before and release the report to the public, before they launch the said MPV.

They should also send their products to NCAP, Euro NCAP etc. like they did before for eg. on the Waja @ Impian when they sell it in UK. Even the Waja, Wira UK specs are totally different from the local ones. A friend of mine who bought a UK Spec Wira 1.6Xli in Langkawi is fully loaded with safety features and it has got good and better handling compared to the ones sold here.

Even TopGear Jeremy Clarkson, can make fun of a Kelisa on UK National TV.
P2 should sue him, but he is telling the truth.
Truth are sometime bitter to swallow, but don't take life seriously.
Nice weather today.
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Another spy-shot photo revealed...
or... I just found on the net... smile_big.gif

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Report: Hyundai Planning to Build the New Elantra/ Avante 2011 in Alabama

... The Korean automaker Hyundai has been reported to be working on a new Elantra Saloon for the North American market. Also known as Avante, the car will set off for production at the Alabama plant starting from April 2011 as a cost cutting measure taken by the company ...

Original news
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Jun 14 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Report: Hyundai Planning to Build the New Elantra/ Avante 2011 in Alabama

... The Korean automaker Hyundai has been reported to be working on a new Elantra Saloon for the North American market. Also known as Avante, the car will set off for production at the Alabama plant starting from April 2011 as a cost cutting measure taken by the company ...

Original news

Since the Busan Autoshow launch, still haven't found any official interior pictures or full detail specs of the said car beside the 1.6L engine claimed...
If it's already on the road in Korean, there must be somewhere on the Net...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Jul 19 2010, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the Busan Autoshow launch, still haven't found any official interior pictures or full detail specs of the said car beside the 1.6L engine claimed...
If it's already on the road in Korean, there must be somewhere on the Net...

New 2011 Hyundai Avante MD caught on video during parking practice in South Korea...
See video...

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

ycfoo

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
from the spy pix it hv 6 speeds gear box leh..?? smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

ONG333

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

ONG333

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Jul 19 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from the spy pix it hv 6 speeds gear box leh..?? smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

sure got 6 speed gear box ... and i waiting for the booking end of this year ......

skcheng

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

skcheng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
2011 Hyundai Avante 1.6 with GDI engine Dual CVVT (138hp, 167Nm) will be launched in Korea on 2 August.
The interior looks very nice as well, the meter looks similar to Sonata one.

The dashboard really looks like a Monster face... looks the the bad robot in the Transformers...hehe

Notice that the air con has dual zone control. smile_thumbup.gif

skcheng

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

skcheng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts