Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Altis 1.6e

• Please log in to reply

city

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

city

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 779 posts
Nissan Latio 1.6 only 89k with even higher torque than altis. If Altis 1.6E sell at 90k sure very popular.

scenic

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (city @ Apr 29 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nissan Latio 1.6 only 89k with even higher torque than altis. If Altis 1.6E sell at 90k sure very popular.

Go compare the two on the road and you will know why Altis 1.6E is a better choice overall ? Latio they have discontinued two Latio models since February 2010. Am sceptical that they might discontinue Latio 1.6 Sedan entirely. Judging from their sales which is very bad each month, no confidence in them. At the end of the day, buy according to your budget is the best car to get. My take is Altis 1.6E is a better choice. Is it much stable for sure. Cheers.
director's choice

jayraptor

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Apr 30 2010, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go compare the two on the road and you will know why Altis 1.6E is a better choice overall ? Latio they have discontinued two Latio models since February 2010. Am sceptical that they might discontinue Latio 1.6 Sedan entirely. Judging from their sales which is very bad each month, no confidence in them. At the end of the day, buy according to your budget is the best car to get. My take is Altis 1.6E is a better choice. Is it much stable for sure. Cheers.

Yes, Latio 1.6 & 1.8 are no match to Altis 1.6E superior interior space and comfort ride. Altis 1.6E vs Latio 1.6 & 1.8:

1) Power & torque >> Altis 1.6E is tuned low to similar output of Vios for FC giving it just at sufficient level of minimum required torque to pull it around. Altis 1.6E's pulling power feels like similar to N16 1.6L despite being heavier.

2) Acceleration 0-100km/h >> Latio 1.6 in >12.5s. Altis 1.6E get 12s probably due lower height, wider width and better aerodynamic. Latio 1.8 in around 11.5s. Latio's enormous height seems to slow down its acceleration. Latio 1.8 requires more revving than the 1.6L just to get to 80km/h then to 100km/h when exiting ramp to highway, else the needle won't go up at 60km/h.

3) FC wise city traffic>> Altis 1.6E gets 12.3-12.8km/L vs Latio 1.6 getting 12.5km/L and Latio 1.8 returning 11.6km/L.

4) Interior tested with 5 adults with seatbelts>> Headroom and legroom, Latio better. Width, driving/seating position and by overall interior room for 5 adults, Altis wins.

5) Hard cornering & handling wise, Altis wins flawless if pitted against Latio. Going through humps/bumpy potholes, Altis better. Can't deny Toyota's ride comfort is good.

If I were to choose either Altis 1.6E or Latio 1.6/1.8, I would go for Altis 1.6E. Resale value, Altis wins. Latio seems to have weak resale value and harder to sell. I saw Latio being sold at used car dealer for several months still there today. If latest batch of Korean cars sold very well, I am sure Altis 1.6E price will be brought down to RM95-97k region just like the older Altis 1.6E.

scenic

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
Bro Jay,
A good explanation in details of the two. U talking about Forte as well ? trink39.gif
director's choice

Joytoy

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Apr 30 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Jay,
A good explanation in details of the two. U talking about Forte as well ? trink39.gif

Korean cars ??
a typical cantonese saying, " Yau chee sai - moh sart chai" (beauty without substances -)

Get a korean car once & your rplacement will not be a korean anymore.
You have repeat purchase for a Altis or camry - but say Kia to a Kia? - this hardly or almost never happens.

darreltian

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Apr 30 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korean cars ??
a typical cantonese saying, " Yau chee sai - moh sart chai" (beauty without substances -)

Get a korean car once & your rplacement will not be a korean anymore.
You have repeat purchase for a Altis or camry - but say Kia to a Kia? - this hardly or almost never happens.

hahahaha 059.gif 059.gif The above remarks is true but 5 years ago
In fact, there are many toyota and honda owners now who change their rides to KIA and Hyundai recently
Why? It is not that T & H no good but the price is way too high....> RM100K for 1.6L car blush.gif
I met an uncle who booked the 2.0 Forte at puchong showroom instead of camry....he told me this, "Both are equally good but with this wise choice I now have excess RM50K to go for overseas trip with my family"....this uncle is driving a Merc E230 and a Fortuner at home btw

Only in Msia we can find many die-hard T & H fans like you....great faith you have...keep it up...kakaka

amir

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Apr 30 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahahaha 059.gif 059.gif The above remarks is true but 5 years ago
In fact, there are many toyota and honda owners now who change their rides to KIA and Hyundai recently
Why? It is not that T & H no good but the price is way too high....> RM100K for 1.6L car blush.gif
I met an uncle who booked the 2.0 Forte at puchong showroom instead of camry....he told me this, "Both are equally good but with this wise choice I now have excess RM50K to go for overseas trip with my family"....this uncle is driving a Merc E230 and a Fortuner at home btw

Only in Msia we can find many die-hard T & H fans like you....great faith you have...keep it up...kakaka

I think most people who buy forte are those who oredi have T & H, Merc or Beemer, etc. To them, buying a Forte is like buying a keropok. And so happen that the keropok is cheap and tasty. I too would like to have that keropok but my stomach is still full. Those who are aspiring to own the establish brands probably have second thoughts in getting a Korean.

yeong

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Apr 30 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I met an uncle who booked the 2.0 Forte at puchong showroom instead of camry....

Heard Forte 2.0 until now bulu pun tiada ? Good luck to the uncle. He might choose back Camry after enuf waiting ...hehe..

alldisc

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
back to the topic...

altis 1.6E is actually a good buy in my view. it is a lot wider than the previous altis, in fact i believe the ZZE141 has the widest body in its class. this makes seating 3 adults abreast more comfortable at rear.

the 1.6E is lesser perhaps compare to 1.8 specs but it still has many other toys including VVTi engine with timing chain for low maintenance, 4 speed auto tranny with Super ECT, front and rear disk brakes with ABS and brake assist, fog lamps, 15 inch alloys, foldable electric side mirrors and proximity sensors in front and rear bumpers.

it still has immobiliser with cabin sensor to prevent theft and twin airbags up front for that added safety.

electric power steering is standard making do without hydraulic fluids anymore.

for 10K difference with the 1.8 spec below are the items missing in 1.6E

- sequential gear lever, variable intermittent wiper, power seats, VSC, 16 inch alloys and optitron meter. of course, the fat torque from 1.8 powertrain.

assumption - to most ppl able to afford 100K, they normally can fork out another 10K and go for 1.8 instead of 1.6. current altis may look sluggish but manufacturer figures shown altis 1.8 and civic 1.8 has similar acceleration 0-100. means between 5 speed AT civic and 4 speed AT altis no difference except for its nvoelty value. of course civic 2.0 is better but wait for altis 2.0 coming by second half 2010. expect dual VVTI and maybe '6-speed' CVT.

jayraptor

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Apr 30 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Jay,

Hi Bro Scenic,

TQ. If there is Forte, I would go for Forte due to higher overall score. Altis 1.6E at RM102k can get me Forte 2.0 at RM94k that could give more and better built quality. Altis is indeed a good car but it is no match to Forte in overall. I could save the additional cash if bought Forte for maintenance and standby. Altis scores better in ride comfort.

Hi JoyToy,

Korean cars today applies to those with Theta & Gamma engines onwards are already superior and somewhat as practical, reliable and durable enough to get closer to Altis. Unless you use 2003 Elantra or Sonata EF to compare with Altis '03 that is already irrelevant due to the much change when Crysler, Mitsubishi and Hyundai/Kia formed alliance in building advanced engines. VVT-i is already obsolete when its competitors are already more advanced. Need dual VVT-i but Japs refused to sell us in order to rake in high revenue.