Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Crazy Bike Prices ; New Or Used

• Please log in to reply

amir

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
Most people blamed proton for the high prices of imported cars. They say government is protecting proton. But the imported bike prices are just as crazy and this time who is the government protecting ? Modenas, Hong Leong, Boon Siew etc ..... or is it Proton again. Bcos if a sbk costs RM25k more people will buy SBK instead of proton. Somehow I feel even with or without proton, imported cars will still be expensive, no matter what.

Back to bike prices, a 600cc inline 4 costs almost RM 80k and the above 1 litre bikes more than RM100k. Yet, they are still selling loads of them. As for the used bikes, I feel its insane to sell a 14 yrs old inline 4 bike (zxr250) for RM14k. C'mon I remember the bike cost RM21k new back then and after all these years only lose RM7K. Luckily Kawasaki has the ER6N/F which make big biking more affordable to the masses, also not to forget NAZA/Hyosung.

junbecks

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
most Malaysians arent civilised enough to own powerful motorbikes.

Rm 25k for a 600cc 4 cylinder sportsbike? Spells danger.
Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]

artemus

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
hmmm.. bought zzr250 for rm22k in 95..sold it in 07 for only 2k( hopeless,lying there near a tree,far from major service centre made me fed up)..

i hope the price of any sbk will go down..dunno lah wether proton is d cause or not..but as i can remember back in d 80s..my uncle bought a katana(suzuki) for a fraction of a cost..even in 80s standard..n my father owns a honda vtf..(forget d cc)..

er6f(fairing) tempts me a lot..but when saw the z750..(rm50k++)...spechless mannn....quite pricey..but among d cheapest for a new bike..
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

Balee

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
Tax income from auto sector is so lucrative and easy. So the answer to high prices of cars and bikes is because the government is protecting itself using Proton and other local auto (including two wheeler) breeds as excuse.

They have been earning it for so many years and see no reason why they should give it up.

QUOTE (amir @ Apr 16 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most people blamed proton for the high prices of imported cars. They say government is protecting proton. But the imported bike prices are just as crazy and this time who is the government protecting ? Modenas, Hong Leong, Boon Siew etc ..... or is it Proton again. Bcos if a sbk costs RM25k more people will buy SBK instead of proton. Somehow I feel even with or without proton, imported cars will still be expensive, no matter what.

Back to bike prices, a 600cc inline 4 costs almost RM 80k and the above 1 litre bikes more than RM100k. Yet, they are still selling loads of them. As for the used bikes, I feel its insane to sell a 14 yrs old inline 4 bike (zxr250) for RM14k. C'mon I remember the bike cost RM21k new back then and after all these years only lose RM7K. Luckily Kawasaki has the ER6N/F which make big biking more affordable to the masses, also not to forget NAZA/Hyosung.

indiadrive

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

indiadrive

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Wow.. that's cool car. Looking nice.

tpl

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (indiadrive @ Feb 15 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.. that's cool car. Looking nice.

car??? smile_question.gif what car? which car?
2012 NMT President

magura

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Apr 16 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

totally agreed wt u....my prev cbr600f3 bought in 1996 cost me abt RM42k new...and sold it off in 1999 at RM37.5k. Those days prices are still quite reseanable, my cbr about the same price wt a satria 1.3.

I tots of coming back to biking after all this year But NOwadays!...a 600cc inline 4 costing RM80k is daylight robery by those sellers. End up wt driving cars instead.....no way am i going to pay that kind of prices knowing those bike are cheap outside of msia...anyway, welcome to bolehland

AC19

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
i own a cbx250 (then 1982, accident then sold) and downgraded fame (about MYR1,000 brand new), yes both honda. recently we have alumni where american and british friends came and took a break here. they wnated to rent bikes to go around (behave macam negara dia pulak) and while in kl they went to HD (Naza) showroom...... alamak, they were shocked at the price tags display for HD bikes....and promted them to ask the average wages for fresh grads... 689.gif