Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Worst Nightmare At 4by4 Shop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

belux

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

belux

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
I was recommended to send my beloved 4by4 to a KL work shop for a small amount of work.
After some discussion with the owner work take about 3 day to do.
I left my 4by4 at the shop and trusted the owner with the repairs.
After 1 day abang called to ask why driving like a madman on the highway? What?
That same day I go the the workshop and on the way my own 4by4 overtakes me at high speed.
I confront the owner to ask what the hell is he doing and reply testing your vehicle. On inspection I find non of the work done and seems my 4by4 is being used as the shop runabout.
As agreed I left the 4by4 for another day and the work was completed when I returned on the 4th day.
The day after the head gasket blows and I find a home made gasket had been installed when I myself take off the head. Again I confront the owner on why install a home made gasket and he just goes quiet and laughs as if I am an idiot.
Part of the work wa to clean the choking on the inside cylinder head.
A week later I find out I have 4 speed fines for excessive speeding on the highways. Around the workshop area by the way.
Again I confront the owner the he says he testing the vehicle and dunno the speed limit.

Not going that shop again.

Any one any experience with this owner in KL area? A eastern european knowing nuts about mechanics.

iwae405

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

iwae405

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
should post the name of the shop out loud my friend...
and one more thing,perhaps you could convince us that u don't making up any stories...
just a thought tho..

ameniey

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

ameniey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (iwae405 @ Apr 16 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
should post the name of the shop out loud my friend...
and one more thing,perhaps you could convince us that u don't making up any stories...
just a thought tho..

TS can't place the shop name here. If it's true, I'm so sorry for you.
3guys1hammer,2girls1cup,1guy1jar

rallychamp

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
bring a good lawyer man..

u should win big time...

one more thing...

don't forget to bring newspaper guy (reporter) to create the havoc n makesure that goddam w/shop fail to death....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

Dmax7

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

Dmax7

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
QUOTE (ameniey @ Apr 16 2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TS can't place the shop name here. If it's true, I'm so sorry for you.

Tat the case should post the location and landmark then.

Malaysians have been taken for a ride for too long. One of the main reason is all prefer to keep quiet and accept own sorrow.

You can take it to Fomca or tribunal court. Not so troublesome as you think. But of course need all evidence to proof tat your truck was in tat work shop btw the stipulated date. Did you have the receipt when handing over your truck? How abt the receipt when finished repairing. Keep all that and send it to Fomca. May be a police report to proof your innocent.

It is all up to you. Remember, you are doing not for yourself but for all Malaysians drivers, not forgeting your sons and daughters and close ones. 8 out of 10 workshops in town the same cause most prefer to keep quiet.

You can check out this website. It works for me, as a small fry . Even some in director position answer your call if case is serious. Or depend how serious you put it. It is serious if you put together few millions Malaysian driver and their safety in your letter. It is not serious if you only put your only your car in the letter.

http://www.nccc.org.my/v2/

adly

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

As a 18yo,I think U need post the shop name here...Consumer need to know all of this..we have the right,not them...
what they did is beyond testing,some more breaking some rule...Sir,just post the shop name here..or there will be another victim....that is my IMHO biggrin.gif

19 and counting... Getting better..

jepakazoid

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

jepakazoid

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Why dont you try to mail your story with the complete name of the shop to local newspaper like Malay Mail / The Star / etc. That bastard shop owner should pay all your tickets, damage done to your vehicle. Bastards dont know how to run business.

ameniey

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

ameniey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (adly @ Apr 16 2010, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a 18yo,I think U need post the shop name here...Consumer need to know all of this..we have the right,not them...
what they did is beyond testing,some more breaking some rule...Sir,just post the shop name here..or there will be another victim....that is my IMHO biggrin.gif

What if TS not telling the truth....no offence TS. If names are revealed without concrete proof, somebody might be in trouble.
3guys1hammer,2girls1cup,1guy1jar

adly

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (ameniey @ Apr 16 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if TS not telling the truth....no offence TS. If names are revealed without concrete proof, somebody might be in trouble.

hurmm,well..that another story then..but if its true,dont hesitate to post the name here...yeah,the proof too..
19 and counting... Getting better..

belux

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

belux

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
Many replies thank all.
The head gasket was repaired at another shop and good to say no damages.
other bad parts was a badly welded battery holder which fell apart after 2 days. Also reworked.
A supposed new starter jammed after a few days and also has been repalaced.
As for the speeding tickets I have again called the 4by4 owner and asked for the fine to be settled.
What sort of a shop goes racing down the highway in customer cars?