Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Service Centre/workshop Is Very Expansive!

• Please log in to reply

mzi

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

mzi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
see?HWhy must u buy new car when still have to pay a lot for maintenance.

For me used cars win everytime!

fkmfkm

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (kermitng @ Apr 15 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,
I would appreciate honest and constructive reply to my questions rather than acting smart, flaming and wasting bandwidth.
Below are my reply:

fkmfkm - How you know i have change many things? No breakdown of items was shown.

melang - I also know that i need to prepare to maintain it once i owned it. Is like i telling you that your mother is a woman But now i looking for cheaper alternatives ma.
So are you saying that you always go the one option and never look for better pricing or services?

jhleo1 - Listed price of course more expansive bro. Expecially on website. Have you tried checking on hotel's website pricing?
Always more expansive compared to when u walk in. Unless of course you straight book online then different story lo.

u did mentioned major service...if not it will be called minor service..

nextvios

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

nextvios

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts
Major service, price looks reasonable. And kudos to Honda for publishing the prices in their website.

pop3

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
Good day!

For every 40K, major service is required for my 7.5G Accord. Each major service costs minimum 1K, using fully synthetic oil. If you service also the air-con, additional RM400.

The price of the air filter is RM140. Reasonable ka? Labour cost for major service is RM160. Super expensive! Change the battery, additional labour charge RM 8. Change wiper blade, additional labour charge RM4. (don't laugh so loud). I always laugh when I check the bill before paying. Want to scold them, but I know it is useless to do so. Just laugh. But, I always complaint a lot during service, like strange sound from here and there. They always fix it.

tanglp

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

tanglp

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ Apr 22 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good day!

For every 40K, major service is required for my 7.5G Accord. Each major service costs minimum 1K, using fully synthetic oil. If you service also the air-con, additional RM400.

The price of the air filter is RM140. Reasonable ka? Labour cost for major service is RM160. Super expensive! Change the battery, additional labour charge RM 8. Change wiper blade, additional labour charge RM4. (don't laugh so loud). I always laugh when I check the bill before paying. Want to scold them, but I know it is useless to do so. Just laugh. But, I always complaint a lot during service, like strange sound from here and there. They always fix it.

I'd never service the aircon for that kind of price. I'd let the compress die and might as well buy a new one.

For oil, if you service regularly either mineral and semi is good enuf (mineral and semi price diff is very small).

Changing battery and wiper can change yourself - it's not difficult. If you know how to drive and maneuver thru KL jam, changing them is almost a walk in the park.

Apart from these, I will still go back to SC.

mzi

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

mzi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
i think nextvios works for honda, if u r not I am sorry .Just my opinion

and he thinks that it is reasonable price for just a simple service?
OMG!
come on man..

willi3

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

willi3

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hello all...

i just got my 2nd hand car from my brother in law...its a 2010 feb honda city.....

the thing is he changed the spring and the tyres....and apart from the free services that honda gaves...he services the car himself as he opens a tyre shop....

so my question is...whether or not its still under warranty due to the above mistaked that he did?...

roocarroll

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
Jes, the Honba sevice is berry expansive.

alldisc

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (keong111 @ Apr 16 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM660 not too expensive la brother...normal price la for 80k , last time my vios rm1300++ including aircond svc only for 40k.What u expect for 80k svc??? For me the price is reasonable.

what i did for my car was..

for 40K svc
air filter
oil filter
fuel filter
spark plug
pwr strg oil
engine oil
ATF
AC svc

i split it 3 ways...
air filter and spark plug i change during 30K or 35K.

while AC svc i will do it during 45 or 50K svc. if it fails before that, iwe all still have a chance to fight with the warranty department.

and so, total cost will be split evenly between 3 services. less shocking to me.

sonata8

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

sonata8

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

May try Autobiz Autosaver, good service and experienced in Honda. They have few outlet, that one i went was in taman wahyu Ecosky