Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Service Centre/workshop Is Very Expansive!

• Please log in to reply

kermitng

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

kermitng

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

My City clocked in 80K mileage and i sent it for servicing at Honda Service Centre in PJ last month.
They told me that it's major servicing so i prepared around RM400++ and when i paid the bills, the damage was around RM660++. I almost puke blood furthermore i don't have credit card with me, so no choice but to call my friend to bring money. Then i checked the bill and i found out that items billed all are normal stuffs and labour alone cost me RM160!!!
That will be the last time i going to service my car there.

So guys, any good workshops around PJ, Subang or Klang which are cheap and good?

Thanks.

jhleo1

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

jhleo1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
80k is major service lah brother. What you expect? That is normal. You can check their maintenance schedule & pricelist online. Dont simply service outside if you not familiar with the workshop for you City.

melang

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

melang

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (jhleo1 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
80k is major service lah brother. What you expect? That is normal. You can check their maintenance schedule & pricelist online. Dont simply service outside if you not familiar with the workshop for you City.

Pls refer here:
http://www.honda.com...nance/index.dot

Service for 80k is RM799.10
When u own it, u should be prepared to maintain it.

fkmfkm

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (kermitng @ Apr 14 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

My City clocked in 80K mileage and i sent it for servicing at Honda Service Centre in PJ last month.
They told me that it's major servicing so i prepared around RM400++ and when i paid the bills, the damage was around RM660++. I almost puke blood furthermore i don't have credit card with me, so no choice but to call my friend to bring money. Then i checked the bill and i found out that items billed all are normal stuffs and labour alone cost me RM160!!!

So guys, any good workshops around PJ, Subang or Klang which are cheap and good?

Thanks.

so many things changed sure lah..

kermitng

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

kermitng

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Apr 15 2010, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so many things changed sure lah..

Hi all,
I would appreciate honest and constructive reply to my questions rather than acting smart, flaming and wasting bandwidth.
Below are my reply:

fkmfkm - How you know i have change many things? No breakdown of items was shown.

melang - I also know that i need to prepare to maintain it once i owned it. Is like i telling you that your mother is a woman But now i looking for cheaper alternatives ma.
So are you saying that you always go the one option and never look for better pricing or services?

jhleo1 - Listed price of course more expansive bro. Expecially on website. Have you tried checking on hotel's website pricing?
Always more expansive compared to when u walk in. Unless of course you straight book online then different story lo.

benthewen

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

benthewen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
QUOTE (kermitng @ Apr 14 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

Thanks.

it's a known fact that honda service centre charges are high. but if still under warranty no choice still have to go to them. but if warranty over can go anywhere but sorry bro, don't know any good workshops yet. our city still under warranty so have to go and kena slaughter by them. smile_disapprove.gif

dzat

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

dzat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
QUOTE (benthewen @ Apr 15 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's a known fact that honda service centre charges are high. but if still under warranty no choice still have to go to them. but if warranty over can go anywhere but sorry bro, don't know any good workshops yet. our city still under warranty so have to go and kena slaughter by them. smile_disapprove.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap, agreed ...honda sc service really expensive. My city will soon be due for its 80k service...$$$$ smile_disapprove.gif

But still ppl saying that korean car maintenance are expensive???
dzat

jflee169

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

jflee169

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
kermitng,

First of all, the authorised H SC charges is higher than normal outside workshop. As long as your car is under warranty period/millage i.e. 3 years or 100,000 kms (which ever come first). One thing that you need to take note is the AIR-CON service, it might not stated in the maintenance booklet, however under H rules, it should be serviced 25,000 kms intervally, otherwise anything happen to your air-con compressor will not cover under the warranty.

It's true that no many things changed during the 80,000km service, mainly are engine oil, oil filter, and some other minor things. Is spark-plug included, which might cause the bill jump high.

You may go to this website and join as member to know about H.City, http://www.myteamcity.com

There is a few number of workshops which can do repair and services. You may try to find out AutoSavers in Bdr Sunway, they are quite OK. The 5th Gen is more easily to take care as compare to the 4th Gen. The 5th Gen use 5 Speed autogearbox and 4th Gen use CVT gearbox which only can use CVTF from Honda.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers!

QUOTE (kermitng @ Apr 15 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,
I would appreciate honest and constructive reply to my questions rather than acting smart, flaming and wasting bandwidth.
Below are my reply:

fkmfkm - How you know i have change many things? No breakdown of items was shown.

melang - I also know that i need to prepare to maintain it once i owned it. Is like i telling you that your mother is a woman But now i looking for cheaper alternatives ma.
So are you saying that you always go the one option and never look for better pricing or services?

jhleo1 - Listed price of course more expansive bro. Expecially on website. Have you tried checking on hotel's website pricing?
Always more expansive compared to when u walk in. Unless of course you straight book online then different story lo.

JFLEE

kermitng

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:01 AM

kermitng

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (jflee169 @ Apr 15 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kermitng,

First of all, the authorised H SC charges is higher than normal outside workshop. As long as your car is under warranty period/millage i.e. 3 years or 100,000 kms (which ever come first). One thing that you need to take note is the AIR-CON service, it might not stated in the maintenance booklet, however under H rules, it should be serviced 25,000 kms intervally, otherwise anything happen to your air-con compressor will not cover under the warranty.

It's true that no many things changed during the 80,000km service, mainly are engine oil, oil filter, and some other minor things. Is spark-plug included, which might cause the bill jump high.

You may go to this website and join as member to know about H.City, http://www.myteamcity.com

There is a few number of workshops which can do repair and services. You may try to find out AutoSavers in Bdr Sunway, they are quite OK. The 5th Gen is more easily to take care as compare to the 4th Gen. The 5th Gen use 5 Speed autogearbox and 4th Gen use CVT gearbox which only can use CVTF from Honda.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, guys.
My City already more than 3 years so no more warranty. My friend knock my head hard hard and asked me why i go back to Honda even though warranty expired? He specifically asked me " You got a lot of money izzit? Lol.
That's why i make up my mind to find a good workshop to service my car lo.
Anyways i will definitely share with you guys if i have experience any good ones.

keong111

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

keong111

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
QUOTE (kermitng @ Apr 16 2010, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, guys.
My City already more than 3 years so no more warranty. My friend knock my head hard hard and asked me why i go back to Honda even though warranty expired? He specifically asked me " You got a lot of money izzit? Lol.
That's why i make up my mind to find a good workshop to service my car lo.
Anyways i will definitely share with you guys if i have experience any good ones.

RM660 not too expensive la brother...normal price la for 80k , last time my vios rm1300++ including aircond svc only for 40k.What u expect for 80k svc??? For me the price is reasonable.