Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Run Flat Tyres For E90 To Normal Tyres

• Please log in to reply

cheesehero

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

cheesehero

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi Fellow Beemers

Has anyone change from RFT to Normal tyres?? Any comment or opinion??

Thanks for sharing

Best Regards
HERO

beamer28

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

beamer28

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
why? want to drive BMW yet want to save money at same time ah smile_big.gif
-------------

Step aside Beemers and Mercs , Veedub is coming

cheesehero

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

cheesehero

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (beamer28 @ Apr 7 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why? want to drive BMW yet want to save money at same time ah smile_big.gif

Hahahaha Beamer28,

Well if can save why not kakakakaka...

In actual fact, the RFT is quite noisy and rough. I was told by some friend that I should move to non RFT as is more comfortable.

In actual fact the RFT has increased in price from RM800 to RM1250 pp. With this price I can get a very good high performance tyres and have a nice comfort....kakakaka

So I m just exploring this opportunity now...oh ya heard a lot of bad things of RFT too smile.gif

cskok8

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

cskok8

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
There is no problem in switching to normal tyres. I am sure the ride is better and quieter. However if punctured, what happens. There is no place to store a spare. smile_blush.gif

lancer1981

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (cskok8 @ Apr 8 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no problem in switching to normal tyres. I am sure the ride is better and quieter. However if punctured, what happens. There is no place to store a spare. smile_blush.gif

You can buy a mobility kit and that will take care of it. The mobility kit comes with a air compressor and adapters for the tire valve. Or you can consider Tire Guardian, a sealant filled into your tires and it is good for 2 years with guarantee. You can also extend the guarantee for an additional one year (2+1).

I have a mobility kit from Slime. The last time I checked the kit is out of stock from ACE, Pyramid, only the sealant refill is available. Just an idea for you if you want to change to normal tires.

Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

Acegt

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Acegt

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Non-RFT more comfy and can last longer too. But must get tyre repair kit first, in case got puncture since most new beemer don't have spare tyre or jack.

cheesehero

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

cheesehero

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (Acegt @ Apr 16 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Non-RFT more comfy and can last longer too. But must get tyre repair kit first, in case got puncture since most new beemer don't have spare tyre or jack.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the feedback. My next question, where do i get it and what is the best brand. Or rather what is the reliable brand?

cheesehero

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

cheesehero

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can buy a mobility kit and that will take care of it. The mobility kit comes with a air compressor and adapters for the tire valve. Or you can consider Tire Guardian, a sealant filled into your tires and it is good for 2 years with guarantee. You can also extend the guarantee for an additional one year (2+1).

I have a mobility kit from Slime. The last time I checked the kit is out of stock from ACE, Pyramid, only the sealant refill is available. Just an idea for you if you want to change to normal tires.

Hey Bro Lancer 1981

Where can i get more information on this Tyre Guardian. I search thru the net but it just keep on searching and I get no infor on it.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

lancer1981

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (cheesehero @ Apr 20 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Bro Lancer 1981

Where can i get more information on this Tyre Guardian. I search thru the net but it just keep on searching and I get no infor on it.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Sorry for the late reply just to got to read it. Please go to the link below, click Malaysia/Singapore tab and go to "contact us" tab, further down the column you find the address of the distributors.

http://www.tyreguardian.com/index.html

Btw, I have no connection with this Co. just a motorist looking for options to replace my RFT with normal tires.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

gameover

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

gameover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
QUOTE (cheesehero @ Apr 20 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the feedback. My next question, where do i get it and what is the best brand. Or rather what is the reliable brand?

The genuine BMW Mobility Kit should be good too. I think RM500+ for the kit, you only have to top up the sealant after each reuse.