Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Forte 1.6 Sx Fc

• Please log in to reply

rayp

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

rayp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
guys, jus out of curiousity, how did your forte fare in fc?
currently mileage is bout 1500km only, not so representative. So not really monitoring yet.
is the litres per 100km on the trip comp accurate?

jayraptor

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (rayp @ Mar 19 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys, jus out of curiousity, how did your forte fare in fc?
currently mileage is bout 1500km only, not so representative. So not really monitoring yet.
is the litres per 100km on the trip comp accurate?

Don't rely on FC in Km/L shown on the meter. Best is that every time you pump in fuel, please record down the number of litre pumped in and take down the trip meter then reset to 0. The next time you pump in fuel, repeat the process again and again. Take the litre of fuel pumped in and divide with the kilometer recorded in trip meter.

For example, my drive to work car gets 430km for 52L in heavy city traffic. So 430km divide 52L gets 8.27km/L (stick to 2 decimal point).

Other Forte owners, please follow and post your FC here for me to review before I buy the Forte. Thank you very much.

darreltian

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 22 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't rely on FC in Km/L shown on the meter. Best is that every time you pump in fuel, please record down the number of litre pumped in and take down the trip meter then reset to 0. The next time you pump in fuel, repeat the process again and again. Take the litre of fuel pumped in and divide with the kilometer recorded in trip meter.

For example, my drive to work car gets 430km for 52L in heavy city traffic. So 430km divide 52L gets 8.27km/L (stick to 2 decimal point).

Other Forte owners, please follow and post your FC here for me to review before I buy the Forte. Thank you very much.

I would like to change general's perception that korean cars are heavy on FC

1.6SX shod with 17" big donuts, mileage - 8,000km running on full synt.
city drive : 10 - 11.5km/L keeping rev below 3,500rpm from worse to moderate traffic
fully highway : easily 11.5 - 12km/L average speed 130-150km/hr , 13-13.6km/L @ 100-110km/hr but i fast fall asleep at this speed.. smile_big.gif
(The above readings were latest and was obtained after clocking > 5,000km)

last weekend did a trip from KL - ipoh - taiping - cameron highland (2 days) - bidor - KL
total journey covered 855km, 2 adults with 1 kid and full of luggage inside the trunk
Shell RON 95 used 74.5L
mostly aggressive driving coz trying to keep up with fren's Lancer GT...kakaka

17" rims is a bit overkill for 1.6 gamma engine...but with shiftronic, hill climbing is much less stressful

DSAI

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
darreltian, what is your maxium rev u try?im getting 7000.
a new hope...

darreltian

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Mar 25 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
darreltian, what is your maxium rev u try?im getting 7000.

hey DSAI bro,
wah..new car already belasah smile_big.gif
in shiftronic mode, it will automatically upshift @ around 6,500rpm
drove to cameron highland last weekend, shiftronic is really handy smile_thumbup.gif

jayraptor

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Hi Darrel,

Very precise information. Thank you very much. I have posted the request for FC for more than a week ago and only 1 replied. Where are the rest? All went for 2.0L Forte instead of 1.6L? Keep up with friend's Lancer GT, I think you need the 2.0L Forte. Not bad for C-segment 1.6L with that high output and torque.

darreltian

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 30 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Darrel,

Very precise information. Thank you very much. I have posted the request for FC for more than a week ago and only 1 replied. Where are the rest? All went for 2.0L Forte instead of 1.6L? Keep up with friend's Lancer GT, I think you need the 2.0L Forte. Not bad for C-segment 1.6L with that high output and torque.

Hi Jayraptor,
Maybe all the fortezens are busy spending time with their ride smile_sleepy.gif
1.6L is not really bad actually...sufficient low end torque for daily drive, good FC and the lightweight gamma engine is easy to hit 150km/hr mark....maybe i am old now and yearning for more decent drive.... 2.0 Forte will give LGT and Civic FD a very close fight, i am sure about this smile_big.gif

rikeys

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 31 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jayraptor,
Maybe all the fortezens are busy spending time with their ride smile_sleepy.gif
1.6L is not really bad actually...sufficient low end torque for daily drive, good FC and the lightweight gamma engine is easy to hit 150km/hr mark....maybe i am old now and yearning for more decent drive.... 2.0 Forte will give LGT and Civic FD a very close fight, i am sure about this smile_big.gif

the muffler is moddable next TT show u ok

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

nofear1979

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (rikeys @ Apr 1 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOU MODDED YOUR MUFFLER ALREADY!!!!?? smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

jayraptor

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (rikeys @ Apr 1 2010, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rikeys,

You modded the muffler so early?

Hi Darrel,

Yes, it is pretty powerful for C-segment 1.6L to have that strength to pull around especially when loaded with 5 heavy adults. No sign of lagging or underpower despite heavily loaded as compared to its lighter contenders the Vios, City & Latio and same category contender the Altis 1.6E. The FC you gave is better than Honda City's FC in heavy traffic & when loaded with 5 passengers that is returning mere 10.8km/L. Hope more will share their FC here when I return to check again next week or the following week.