Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios Facelift

• Please log in to reply

kawkawchan

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

kawkawchan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Apr 16 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice? Which part of the car nice? That dugong tiny eyes still there. Good, a pic to support my claim that the dugong eyes can be eliminated with new headlamps that fit the shape of socket grooves. Just fill up the holes and it'll look Mazda.

RM81k for new dugong with shiny teeths? Better buy the 2 models in red dresses and ride in my old car. My old ride is way better than dugong.

In China, their Vios fitted with new 1ZR-FE dual VVT-i engines, so are their Altis. I think Toyota really think 3rd nations & ASEAN can be easily fooled by giving old tech engines. Cut cost and selling at higher price. Time to teach these 3 monopoly manufacturers good lesson. Let's switch to Hyundai/Kia, Mazda, Ford, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi that give us more KAW!

Bro Jayraptor,

In Singapore or even some rich countries , Korean cars oledi out sold many Jap brands . Over here , we're always 20 years left behind our neighbour , so naturally , our frogs need another 20 years to slowly climb up from the well to see the real world .....

As for the time being , you have to tolerate with those ppl who are damn kaw enjoying spending that kind of money on a low spec car.........
I'm kaw kaw chan mo pong chan

ralf

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

ralf

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,601 posts
Avante 2.0 is a better buy..

There can be only one . âã

Informer

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (ralf @ Apr 16 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avante 2.0 is a better buy..

Wait for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra (Avante) and Accent to be release first...
Design wise, surely as pretty as it's brothers 2011 Sonata and Genesis...
or the upcoming 2011 Kia Optima...
The Koreans are here to Stay... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

TheGunner

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
We were there at the launch. YS Khong has the story: Toyota Vios Gets Facelift for 2010
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

alldisc

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
we all need to understand the differences in the word as facelift can be either a minor change or major revamped, so long as there are some changes in looks (and at times specifications).

example

Kancil went through 3 phases of facelift before replaced by Viva.

when the second model came, it was just a minor facelift. the third model was also a minor facelift.

but in the fourth model, Kancil went through a major revamped with totally new front and rear bumpers, headlamps, taillamps, bonnet even a new dashboard.

similar things happened for the 8th generation Corolla, AE111 launched in 1995. the facelifted model launched in 1999 received many changes including complete new rear end, quarter panel as well as dashboard with twin airbags then.

even UMW is calling the facelifted Camry and Vios as MC models (minor change).

IMHO vios engine is pretty up-to-date with EFI, 16V DOHC and VVTI. the reason UMW sticks with the same engine from old Vios to new Vios is simply because of trusted reliabilities.

if one need something more than what vios has to offer, they just have to look somewhere else - its an open market and no one is stopping them from doing so.

UMW is offering reasonable cars for people with reasonable budgets... please dont talk about high marked-up prices. they are all controlled by the Gs, even post AFTA. the price for a camry 2.4 is actually RM85,000 only (from custom documents). the rest is all duties and taxes. do u think our goverment allow UMW to sell the camry at below 100K?? u know i know.

you want a change? yes do sumthing during the next election. but make sure the alternatives give good promises haa...

profkaizen

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Apr 16 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were there at the launch. YS Khong has the story: Toyota Vios Gets Facelift for 2010

Not much gleaned from his story rolleyes.gif Just look at the pics, will do smile_wink.gif

Informer

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:37 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Apr 16 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... UMW is offering reasonable cars for people with reasonable budgets... please dont talk about high marked-up prices. they are all controlled by the Gs, even post AFTA. the price for a camry 2.4 is actually RM85,000 only (from custom documents). the rest is all duties and taxes. do u think our goverment allow UMW to sell the camry at below 100K?? u know i know.

Not only, Camry 2.4L actual price at RM85k (before tax), because even BMW 320i (E90) is just about RM106k (if not mistaken).
If that's the price without so called tax, and we in Malaya (sorry to use this word because although we are already an independent country, but most of our people mindset just not yet change) can own one, most of us are now driving Mercedes, BMW's, Audi's, etc. and nobody wants to share ideas in forums like this anymore... smile_big.gif
Who cares about Japaneses, Koreans cars anymore, when European cars with such high quality standards and safety are affordable among most middle class Malayans.
Joke aside... It's just one of those "bitter" facts of life...
Oneself either work harder, earn more, etc. to get those kind of luxury and high quality standards cars here and now...
In other words...
"Low standard people should drive low standards no safety and no quality cars", but high standards people otherwise...
Like said earlier... be among one of the high standards people... and we won't complain much...
Ooouch..! a bit bitter talk again... sorry... smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

alldisc

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Apr 17 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only, Camry 2.4L actual price at RM85k (before tax), because even BMW 320i (E90) is just about RM106k (if not mistaken).
If that's the price without so called tax, and we in Malaya (sorry to use this word because although we are already an independent country, but most of our people mindset just not yet change) can own one, most of us are now driving Mercedes, BMW's, Audi's, etc. and nobody wants to share ideas in forums like this anymore... smile_big.gif
Who cares about Japaneses, Koreans cars anymore, when European cars with such high quality standards and safety are affordable among most middle class Malayans.
Oneself either work harder, earn more, etc. to get those kind of luxury and high quality standards cars here and now...
In other words...
"Low standard people should drive low standards no safety and no quality cars", but high standards people otherwise...
Like said earlier... be among one of the high standards people... and we won't complain much...

E90 at 106K... I WANT ONE!!!

p/s no spare tyre also nevamind.

wpchin

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

wpchin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Apr 17 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In other words...

I think still many people want Japs , korea, since RM30k ++ can get a Jazz or a Getz.

Then they can buy more expensive houses, SLR, for their kids, some other good stuffs.
Really happy when think of it but it is not real.
sad.gif

<P>save the world</P>

hwk

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Apr 17 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
E90 at 106K... I WANT ONE!!!

p/s no spare tyre also nevamind.

I WANT 3!!! NO TYRES ALSO CAN smile_tongue.gif

anyway i think it's too hard to selling the car much cheaper like thailand, singapore... cos you bought a 1.6 altis 100k if now new car drop to 80k

how to you sell your old altis? how much they can trade in

the other country maybe car price much cheaper but our petro is very cheap if compare to them

so i think the GOV so control the price... it's ok you are not selling too cheap with current model but the new model may sell cheaper or dont allow they increase the price (you can check VIOS price launch since 2003 until 2010, how many times UMWT increase the price)