Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios Facelift

• Please log in to reply

Joytoy

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (junyih6699 @ Apr 10 2010, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, i can see the 2k increased for the J spec auto is worth paying because it comes with a driver airbag & electric adjustable & foldable side mirror with signal. Besides that please take note on the 2nd pic. The wiper now comes with intermittent wiper. The pre-FL vios just have low and high. What buyers need to do once bought this J spec Vios auto is add on foglamp & alloy rim. smile_thumbup.gif

You thin so??

The OEM airbag prob cost RM300. The folding mirror cost OEM RM50. So the cost of this FL is abut RM350. SO UMW sell it to you for RM2k+ extra. Additinal profit ~ RM2k

You call that good value.

junyih6699

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Apr 10 2010, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You thin so??

The OEM airbag prob cost RM300. The folding mirror cost OEM RM50. So the cost of this FL is abut RM350. SO UMW sell it to you for RM2k+ extra. Additinal profit ~ RM2k

Are u sure both item is that cheap? Than our camry dual OEM airbag only cost RM600???

yeong

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (junyih6699 @ Apr 10 2010, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, i can see the 2k increased for the J spec auto is worth paying because it comes with a driver airbag & electric adjustable & foldable side mirror with signal. Besides that please take note on the 2nd pic. The wiper now comes with intermittent wiper. The pre-FL vios just have low and high. What buyers need to do once bought this J spec Vios auto is add on foglamp & alloy rim. smile_thumbup.gif

Agree. With these addition it is much worth the RM2k increase. In fact UMWT shouldn't launch current J w/o these just to skim the 2k.
Bet current J owner will find a bit hard.

alldisc

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
cost of installing airbag is not only to its module but also to add ECU, wire harness and sensors. the cost is more than RM300 for sure.

actually UMW plans to sell this car at 50K.
but u think can aa?the G will allow ka?? immediately P1 and P2 close shop.

cost of 3 items in a vios (single airbag) is RM5.5K. consider actual cost is 50%, we can estimate to be about 2.8K... and it must be cheaper than that because for 2K wios J got airbag plus electric rear view mirrors!!!

for vios with twin airbags, the whole cost is 10K with 4 items in total.

a. airbag module, driver
b. airbag module, passenger
c. airbag sensor
d. airbag coupling

Joytoy

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Apr 12 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for vios with twin airbags, the whole cost is 10K with 4 items in total.

a. airbag module, driver
b. airbag module, passenger
c. airbag sensor
d. airbag coupling

OK - I was involved with a company that was a supplier to plotong. Typically, the OEM prices manufacturers get from suppliers is about 20% of the retail prices, sometimes even more. Granted, there are R&D cost which they need to recoup + profits.
But with the economies of scale for Toyota, the price can be cheaper. It is not like Toyota is developing for 1 vios model only - it is additional models to the current requirement.

clsiluf

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

clsiluf

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Apr 10 2010, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You thin so??

where to buy OEM folder mirror for rm50 ? i want to get 1 for my J ...

please tell the place

i ask some oem shop in jalan ipoh and quote me rm350 for 1 pair

TheGunner

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
The launch is set for tomorrow. We'll be bringing you more details. Stay tuned.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

jayraptor

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Vios facelift should have come up with new headlamps that fit the headlamp socket groove and that'll eliminate the dugong look for good. Too bad, instead Toyota focus more on giving chrome grille teeth and pertruding rear lights. It is still dugong because the headlamp that doesn't go in shape with groove giving it the look of 2 small eyes with big nose.

Vios J facelift price up is still acceptable with added features but the rest Vios E/G/S are not tolerable without new stuffs added. The facelift only came up with new lights, grill and nothing else. These are not adding but just replacing existing meaning nothing added. Price hike 2k is irrelevant. Toyota all over the world are either slashing price or giving lots of great offers due to tarnished image whereas we still have to pay more for a Vios facelift with nothing extra added?

Informer

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Apr 15 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vios facelift should have come up with new headlamps that fit the headlamp socket groove and that'll eliminate the dugong look for good. Too bad, instead Toyota focus more on giving chrome grille teeth and pertruding rear lights. It is still dugong because the headlamp that doesn't go in shape with groove giving it the look of 2 small eyes with big nose.

Vios J facelift price up is still acceptable with added features but the rest Vios E/G/S are not tolerable without new stuffs added. The facelift only came up with new lights, grill and nothing else. These are not adding but just replacing existing meaning nothing added. Price hike 2k is irrelevant. Toyota all over the world are either slashing price or giving lots of great offers due to tarnished image whereas we still have to pay more for a Vios facelift with nothing extra added?

Dugong look? Quite nice...

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

jayraptor

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Apr 15 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dugong look? Quite nice...

Nice? Which part of the car nice? That dugong tiny eyes still there. Good, a pic to support my claim that the dugong eyes can be eliminated with new headlamps that fit the shape of socket grooves. Just fill up the holes and it'll look Mazda.

RM81k for new dugong with shiny teeths? Better buy the 2 models in red dresses and ride in my old car. My old ride is way better than dugong.

In China, their Vios fitted with new 1ZR-FE dual VVT-i engines, so are their Altis. I think Toyota really think 3rd nations & ASEAN can be easily fooled by giving old tech engines. Cut cost and selling at higher price. Time to teach these 3 monopoly manufacturers good lesson. Let's switch to Hyundai/Kia, Mazda, Ford, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi that give us more KAW!