Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

The Koreans Are Here To Stay

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Mar 18 2010, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for me, for this generation, which is YF, i won't. Honestly I still look for value for money, but as I said, next gen, i will pay for the brand. but no matter what they try to do, I know. but next gen, then i pay for brand, defnitely not this gen.

I do follow sonata closely for the past 3 years, i read all blogs, release, all forums about hyundai and kia, since I own one NF, so had been following up very closely.

I read all the review posted, by all car site, i view all the videos in youtube and non youtube about sonata. I know how good it is. Feature by feature, no one at same segment can beat them.

But, From the depth of my heart, the more I love the brand, the more demanding I am towards them. So, that's why I say, i pay for the next generation for their brand, but not YF gen. Because I believe in them.

Since I own one NF, I have been promoting hyundai all this while to all my friends, but of course, as usual, no one cares about hyundai sonata NF, as they all go for camry and honda. And when you talk to this people advocates sonata NF, you can feel they just treat like like an idiot..U can feel that. But I still do my part. I think it's good quality and value for money.

But recently I received a lot of call and messenger from friends asking me for opinion for my sonata and what I think about the coming soon sonata.. they heard is very good, and they intend to wait and see before deciding camry or sonata.. see the change ?

I don't care what other people think, My answer to them is straight forward. Since there's no price by Hyundai Yet.

1. If it was price the same or close to camry, I reserved my comment, I ask them go test drive, see the real car and they decide.

2. If it was price around 150K for 2.4 high spec and they still go for camry, I told them they fall into two category.
a. idiot, b, BTC.

full stop.

Well said smile_approve.gif

Informer

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
The upcoming...
2011 Hyundai Elantra and
2011 Hyundai Accent (spyshot)
... The new design makes this Elantra appear slightly bigger overall, but it's probably an optical illusion. Hyundai's engineers look to have stretched the wheelbase while shortening the front and rear overhangs, a classic play that improves interior room while giving the sedan a sportier look.

2011 Hyundai Elantra - Interior - Dashboard
... Under the hood, the 2011 Hyundai Elantra will get Hyundai's latest Theta-II 2.0-liter inline-4 engine. Expect a sizable improvement in both horsepower and torque, as this engine has been shown in home-market models with as much as 166 horsepower. There's also a good chance that Hyundai will use its own six-speed automatic transmission, as the company has said that it intends to put the gearbox in up to 16 models ...

Present version of Hyundai Elantra (Avante)...
Microsite...
http://elantramore.hyundai.com/

Present version of Hyundai Accent...
Microsite...
http://accentonly.hyundai.com/
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

jayraptor

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Wah!!!! The artist impression of the Elantra looks real nice. Not the drawing but the design of the car. Yeah, this is how they should make cars. Hope the prototype looks exactly like the drawing. I am always worry with Koreans design on the tip of the headlamps and the slope of the grill. Once they could make this part perfect, the car will look nice. If they sticked to their own bad taste, it'll ruin the car's looks.

Err... the 2nd spyshot photo could see the lining and it looks more like Sonata YF styling instead of the drawing. Also, the tail shows that it it not the sportscar style back as the boot lid seems pertruding a bit. Don't do well, I'll stick to Forte.

The new Optima is very classy and looks very nice. Hope it is priced below RM130k for the 2.0L. Sonata YF estimated price is RM140k for the 2.0L high specs that is on par with Camry & Accord. I hope SIME would reconsider bringing it to RM130k+ instead as challenger is supposed to be priced lower. Tucson 2.0 can be lowered to RM120-130k, why not the Sonata YF?

bob

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

bob

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
korean car has improve a lot ... but in here their dealer/distributor still not up to the standard especially for after sales service & car pricing.

btw .... hyundai & kia are from the same company but my opinion is .... hyundai is more to luxury image , while kia more to sporty.

Informer

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Who is the one responsible for the new design of Kia Cerato (Forte), Sportage, Cadenza & Optima?

An official interview with Kia Motors Corporation Chief Design Officer, Peter Schreyer.
Click here...

Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

tmcchan

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

tmcchan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Nice - now I realise what they mean when they describe their new design language as fluidic sculpture. You can really see the flow of the curves in the drawing of the new Elantra. Hope the real thing will look similar. Also, there's more than a hint of the new Tucson hexagon grille in that drawing.

QUOTE (Informer @ Mar 22 2010, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

--- Sig under construction ---

Informer

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Pity...
This Korean brand car won't be sold here...
Great alternative for diehard sports car fans...
2010 Kia Forte Koup R...

Link...
2010 Kia Forte Koup R
Click here...

Kia Forte Koup - image gallery
Click here...

2010 Kia Forte Koup - Front side view

2010 Kia Forte Koup - Rear side view

2010 Kia Forte Koup - Interior - Dashboard
Full article...
Click here...

Kia Forte is also known as Kia Cerato in some countries.
... More powerful than the Honda Civic Coupe, Ford Focus Coupe or Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe, Kia Forte Koup EX is driven by a 2.0-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine, producing 156 horsepower and 144 pound-feet of torque that features Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) and multi-port electronic fuel injection, both of which provide for greater performance and fuel economy. The SX features an upgraded 2.4-liter inline four-cylinder engine, also with CVVT, which delivers 173 horsepower and 168 pound-feet of torque, more than the Scion tC. Expanding upon the dynamic look and feel, Kia Forte Koup's engine hums powerfully courtesy of the dual exhaust outlets outfitted on both EX and SX trims ...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Kevin

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
The Koup is coming but not in R form.

Informer

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
2011 Kia Cadenza - K7

The upcoming Kia Optima is codenamed K5, but it also has an bigger brother, K7 named 2011 Kia Cadenza. It replaces the Kia Amanti (not sold locally).

If Hyundai version of large car sedan segment is Genesis, so Kia's version is this said Cadenza K7.
The Korean car makers are leap years ahead compared to our local car maker.

My question is... Where is our local car maker heading?

2011 Kia Cadenza - Front angle view

2011 Kia Cadenza - Rear angle view

2011 Kia Cadenza - Interior - Dashboard view
Photo gallery from...
NetCarShow.com
Full article...
Click here...
After seeing all this, at the back of my mind, thinking...
Never to look down on the Korean Car Maker brand again...
Maybe locally (in this country) their participation seems to look small, but beyond our shores, their impact is huge...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:28 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
2011 Kia Sorento First Drive

Continue reading,
Click here...