Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Accord 2.0 Or 2.4

• Please log in to reply

mowaja70

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

mowaja70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
fing30.gif Hii,...Guys Just want hear your opinion. smile_question.gif Which model should I buy Accord 2.0 or 2.4 ??I read the shoot out or battle of Siblings Honda Accord 2.0 vs 2.4. I test drove Accord 2.4 the pick up is a bit slow but gradually and smooth as you press fuel paddle but if you put it in the sport mode it is a different beast. The Accord 2.0 has better pick up from stand still. happy revving engine. I was informed that the 2.0 engine is tune for town driving and 2k to 3k RPM the car will go willingly. The 2.4 you need to rev the engine between 4k to 5k because it is tune for highway driving....if you do a lot of travelling then 2.4 is your car but if you do a lot of town driving then 2.0 is your car. smile_approve.gif I dont know y ppl say that 2.0 is under power. The 2.0 engine is more responsive the 2.4.
2.4 has much more equip or better equip

Just my five sen lah

mowaja70

fkmfkm

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (mowaja70 @ Mar 13 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fing30.gif Hii,...Guys Just want hear your opinion. smile_question.gif Which model should I buy Accord 2.0 or 2.4 ??I read the shoot out or battle of Siblings Honda Accord 2.0 vs 2.4. I test drove Accord 2.4 the pick up is a bit slow but gradually and smooth as you press fuel paddle but if you put it in the sport mode it is a different beast. The Accord 2.0 has better pick up from stand still. happy revving engine. I was informed that the 2.0 engine is tune for town driving and 2k to 3k RPM the car will go willingly. The 2.4 you need to rev the engine between 4k to 5k because it is tune for highway driving....if you do a lot of travelling then 2.4 is your car but if you do a lot of town driving then 2.0 is your car. smile_approve.gif I dont know y ppl say that 2.0 is under power. The 2.0 engine is more responsive the 2.4.
2.4 has much more equip or better equip

Just my five sen lah

mowaja70

2.0 better pickup ? hmmmm...

ColinLee

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

ColinLee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Mar 14 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.0 better pickup ? hmmmm...

Guys,

To an certain extent, yes it is more responsive. The 2.0 is tuned for lower Torque hence you get more oomph at lower rpm but will not perform well at higher gear compared to the 2.4.

My 2 cents

mowaja70

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

mowaja70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hiiii,..guys I have decided to buy H. CRV lah......Pratical mah,.....because of Sabah road condition la....if I but sedan car I will cry each time I langgar pot holes..... sabah road a lot of pot holes, road repairs and have to get ready floods in November December. I love driving cars more but what to do la.....if not stay in town only lo......

mowaja70

mowaja70

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

mowaja70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hiiii,..guys I have decided to buy H. CRV lah......Pratical mah,.....because of Sabah road condition la....if I but sedan car I will cry each time I langgar pot holes..... sabah road a lot of BIG pot holes, lots of road being repaired and have to get ready floods in November December. I love driving cars more but what to do la.....if not stay in town only lo......

mowaja70

Ronk

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Ronk

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
What are the measured acceleration times? I am skeptical that the 2.0 is faster than the 2.4. There is no replacement for displacement. According to the Honda Malaysia website, the maximum power is 180ps for the 2.4L compared to 156ps for the 2.0L Accord. Maximum torque specs are 189 Nm at 4300rpm for the 2.0L compared to 222Nm at 4300rpm for the 2.4L. The 2.4L has more power and torque. Unless the gearing is specially redesigned for the 2.0 (also unlikely as the 2.4 is the base model in most countries), the gearing should be better suited for the 2.4 over the 2.0. It is unlikely that Honda will design a complete new transmission for the 2.0 to optimize its performance. The transmission should be basically the same with the same or different electronic controllers. In terms of weight, the 2.4 is only 50kg heavier than the 2.0 and that should have minimal impact on acceleration times.

ColinLee

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

ColinLee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
QUOTE (Ronk @ Mar 16 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are the measured acceleration times? I am skeptical that the 2.0 is faster than the 2.4. There is no replacement for displacement. According to the Honda Malaysia website, the maximum power is 180ps for the 2.4L compared to 156ps for the 2.0L Accord. Maximum torque specs are 189 Nm at 4300rpm for the 2.0L compared to 222Nm at 4300rpm for the 2.4L. The 2.4L has more power and torque. Unless the gearing is specially redesigned for the 2.0 (also unlikely as the 2.4 is the base model in most countries), the gearing should be better suited for the 2.4 over the 2.0. It is unlikely that Honda will design a complete new transmission for the 2.0 to optimize its performance. The transmission should be basically the same with the same or different electronic controllers. In terms of weight, the 2.4 is only 50kg heavier than the 2.0 and that should have minimal impact on acceleration times.

Hello Ronk,

smile_thumbup.gif your analysis and comments sounds realistic. Technically, Honda M'sia will not reproduce a different gear with separate ratios and the CP2 is the base model. You are right.
Valid judgement.

hsx

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

hsx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
[

Not sure if anyone have tested both 2.0 and 2.4 but I have drove both cars(CP1 & 2). Believe me, 2.0 is really more responsive than 2.4L though it is not as powerful, obviously with the larger engine. But Honda surely have make some changes that make it more kick when you throttle it up, and you will feel more surge in power especiallly from 0-100 range. 2.4L power will continue to climb till 160 without much feel but the power is there along the way.

I owned a G7 2.4L with similar character, but have to say the CP1 is more fun to drive on the city due to its responsiveness, both on steering and power. Wifey now prefer to drive CP1, complain G7 2.4L is slow car now.

Btw, check out the test drive report (CP1 & CP2 shootout) which I have to concur on what stated in the report.
http://www.autoworld...amp;whichpage=4

hsx

Ronk

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:58 AM

Ronk

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts
We have not really answered the question about which model is faster. The 2.0 feels faster, but that is a subjective judgment. It is probably because of the Vtec surge or the noise from a smaller engine working harder. It does not mean that the 2.0 is faster in a measured comparison test. When one hears engine noise, one assumes one is going faster. One can drive the 2.4 hard to get the same feeling.

I can say that my old Accord (7 gen) 3.0V6 feels faster than my current car. Old Accord feels fast when the Vtec kicks in. Current car has no variable valve timing and feels slow. But feeling is not the same as performance. In a measured test from 0 to 100km/h, my current car is measureably faster (2 to 3 secs) than my old Accord. And from 100 to 160km/h, the Accord will be left behind in the distance.

mowaja70

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

mowaja70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (Ronk @ Mar 17 2010, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have not really answered the question about which model is faster. The 2.0 feels faster, but that is a subjective judgment. It is probably because of the Vtec surge or the noise from a smaller engine working harder. It does not mean that the 2.0 is faster in a measured comparison test. When one hears engine noise, one assumes one is going faster. One can drive the 2.4 hard to get the same feeling.

I can say that my old Accord (7 gen) 3.0V6 feels faster than my current car. Old Accord feels fast when the Vtec kicks in. Current car has no variable valve timing and feels slow. But feeling is not the same as performance. In a measured test from 0 to 100km/h, my current car is measureably faster (2 to 3 secs) than my old Accord. And from 100 to 160km/h, the Accord will be left behind in the distance.

Bro, its not about feeling faster or what I am talking about responsiveness when you press or push the accelerator. Accord 2.0 it is more responsive than Accord 2.4, but if you change the gear of the 2.4 to sport mode it is different feeling. Accord 2.4 response is abit slow when u step on the accelerator but smooth you must revv a bit....
musik19.gif Do a test drive of both car then you see where I'm coming from. rolleyes.gif Experienced it dont simply talk about theory. I believe it is the engine tuning/electronic or gear ratio that is different for both car. The review by Autoworld says it all...."Honda Accord Battle of Siblings"

mowaja70