Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia Forte

• Please log in to reply

ryder

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Can't seem to find discussion on the Forte in this forum. Just saw the car close-up as the Forte was right in front of my car at the traffic lights. The car does look great. The car does not have the NAZA badge. It has a "K" badge instead which looked much better than the NAZA logo. Does the SC stocks this "K" logo as well?

Is there any significant difference in power going from 1.6 to 2.0?

darreltian

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Mar 12 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't seem to find discussion on the Forte in this forum. Just saw the car close-up as the Forte was right in front of my car at the traffic lights. The car does look great. The car does not have the NAZA badge. It has a "K" badge instead which looked much better than the NAZA logo. Does the SC stocks this "K" logo as well?

Is there any significant difference in power going from 1.6 to 2.0?

Forte discussion has been moved to naza forum... K badge can buy from lowyat and 2.0 test drive cars are available now...quick, go and test drive

ryder

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
I don't test drive if I do not have intention to buy the car. The Forte just caught my eye due to the great exterior. The shape of the car appeals to me as the back looks a bit like a BMW 3-series. It has that big car looks due to the wide body. Just curious how the car drives. May I know what car have you driven prior to changing to the Forte? Does it possess the sporty handling of the Proton Waja?

darreltian

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Mar 12 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't test drive if I do not have intention to buy the car. The Forte just caught my eye due to the great exterior. The shape of the car appeals to me as the back looks a bit like a BMW 3-series. It has that big car looks due to the wide body. Just curious how the car drives. May I know what car have you driven prior to changing to the Forte? Does it possess the sporty handling of the Proton Waja?

I test drove so many models until most of the SA knows me smile_blush.gif
The person who designed Forte is the head designer for VW and the man behind audi TT
My previous ride was wajunk 4G18P and i can attest that forte handles better if not similar smile_thumbup.gif

ryder

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear the Forte handles better than the Waja. Will probably test drive this vehicle alongside my 1st choice Ford Fiesta once the car is launched. The rear of the Forte certainly looks miles ahead of the Fiesta. Nevertheless, the Forte is a great car indeed and I am sure those who have chosen the Forte must be very proud to own the car. The car looks very handsome in person, more like Brad Pitt.

Informer

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Mar 12 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply. It is good to hear the Forte handles better than the Waja. Will probably test drive this vehicle alongside my 1st choice Ford Fiesta once the car is launched. The rear of the Forte certainly looks miles ahead of the Fiesta. Nevertheless, the Forte is a great car indeed and I am sure those who have chosen the Forte must be very proud to own the car. The car looks very handsome in person, more like Brad Pitt.

Ryder,
Well said.
There no harm in doing "testdrive's" for the sake of knowledge.
I do it because of my passion for cars.
You can't get all what you want in your life.
At least, we can "appreciate" what we have in the present moment.
Good luck in your hunting.
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

darreltian

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Mar 12 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ryder,
Well said.

Informer bro,
i read your review and you had test drive almost every models on the road smile_big.gif....like what u said, i did it due to my passion for cars too, and so far all test-drive cars arrive back at showroom unscratch smile_approve.gif
great to hear u r enjoying every second of ur new ride...

later gonna try out the 2.0 Forte 154hp...

TheGunner

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Mar 12 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ryder,
Well said.

I second that. Companies register test cars specifically for the purpose of testing. Even when I was a student, I usually went to showrooms to test drive a variety of cars, ranging from a Proton Persona to a Merc E 55 AMG. Most of them time, I go whenever they have showroom carnivals or open days.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Informer

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Mar 12 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Informer bro,
i read your review and you had test drive almost every models on the road smile_big.gif....like what u said, i did it due to my passion for cars too, and so far all test-drive cars arrive back at showroom unscratch smile_approve.gif
great to hear u r enjoying every second of ur new ride...

later gonna try out the 2.0 Forte 154hp...

Darreltian,
Thanks for the compliment.

Just called Naza Kia, Sales Branch Manager, Showroom.
The said Forte 2.0SX had already been on our shores for quite sometime, but still processing to be release to customers and showrooms alike.
Most likely, by 15th, some of the Showrooms will receive their 2.0SX version, and the "testdrives" unit will follow suit.

I already booked an appointment for testdrive when it is available.
Sharing info,
Kia Forte online eBrochure (.pdf)...
http://www.nazakia.c...orte-spread.pdf

I already tested the 1.6EX, but still need to testify whether it will break the Civic domination or not.
If it does, we are one step closer to loving the Koreans.
smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

freylee

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

freylee

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ Mar 12 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darreltian,
Thanks for the compliment.

Just called Naza Kia, Sales Branch Manager, Showroom.
The said Forte 2.0SX had already been on our shores for quite sometime, but still processing to be release to customers and showrooms alike.
Most likely, by 15th, some of the Showrooms will receive their 2.0SX version, and the "testdrives" unit will follow suit.

I already booked an appointment for testdrive when it is available.
Sharing info,
Kia Forte online eBrochure (.pdf)...
http://www.nazakia.c...orte-spread.pdf

I already tested the 1.6EX, but still need to testify whether it will break the Civic domination or not.
If it does, we are one step closer to loving the Koreans.
smile_big.gif

i've been to Puchong branch, and they had the 2.0 show unit in the showroom for about 2 weeks already, if i remember correctly. booked, got loan approved and completed downpayment. now waiting for allocation...was told will know tomorrow if i get allocated or not. am told that the earliest i can get my car is around 25th march. keeping fingers crossed...

-=freyLee=-