Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How To Make A GTi

• Please log in to reply

KillerB

Posted 15 April 2002 - 11:43 PM

KillerB

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 897 posts
DeaconFrost,
Agree with all the above. If you think of smoking a Satria GTI, do also consider the power to weight ratio. Satrias are a lot lighter compared to European made Bravos. If you`re thinking of adding an AFC, you gotta find out whether your air induction is controlled by air flow sensor or MAP sensor. AFC works best if your car uses an air flow sensor. For roughly the same price, you may want to consider an ITC (Ignition Timing Converter). It basically bluffs the ECU to control the firing of the spark plugs to be either advanced or retard. Advancing the timing by 5 degrees will give you about 4-6 hp in the mid range, making your car more responsive. You can ask Speedworks on the credibility of this device, but I heard Apexi doesn`t make this anymore, so, try to get a second hand one for 400 to 600 bucks.
As for the fuel pressure regulator, it doesn`t make much of a difference, unless your car is turbo. Moreover, there will be side effects, i.e. makes your car difficult to start due to the overflow of petrol.
As for the powerzone cams, they do give you some feel, but watch out for locally made performance parts. I heard sometime back that local made cams (not powerzone) is great when you first install them but it tends to wear out after certain mileage.
However, it would really be interesting to see a Bravo smoke a Satria GTI. All the best.