Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Avante 2.0 (at) - Personal Review

• Please log in to reply

war2z

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
I like Body Kit no. 1. smile.gif

Looks the best of the 3.

daynncool

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

daynncool

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Yeah, body kit no 1 really made me look twice, even thrice. Anyone know how much a body kit like that would cost and if we can get that here in Msia?

Informer,
I asked about the FC cause I use to own a 2005 Spectra. It was a thirsty car and my wife wont agree to getting another Korean car unless I can convince her that the newer Korean cars have an improved FC.

Based on the stuffs I've read on this forum, it looks like the Koreans managed to get it right and high FC's are no longer associate with their cars. Do you agree?

war2z

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Kia/Hyundai have been investing a lot and have surpassed fuel efficiency in the US compared to the Japs. That says a lot and how much work they have to put in to surpass the Japs.

Informer

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (daynncool @ Mar 30 2010, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, body kit no 1 really made me look twice, even thrice. Anyone know how much a body kit like that would cost and if we can get that here in Msia?

Informer,
I asked about the FC cause I use to own a 2005 Spectra. It was a thirsty car and my wife wont agree to getting another Korean car unless I can convince her that the newer Korean cars have an improved FC.

Based on the stuffs I've read on this forum, it looks like the Koreans managed to get it right and high FC's are no longer associate with their cars. Do you agree?

Summary from previous posts...

1) FC (fuel consumption), not yet fully calculated, but did 36.34L (RM65.41) for 440km.
(Full tank fill during car delivery (BHP), and refill full tank again at Petronas, Gopeng).
Approximate FC, 8.26L/100km...
Estimated about 12.1km/Liter...
Full Highway drive (90%)

2) Update FC (Fuel consumption)...
Highway drive (estimated 180km = 120-130km/h) + urban driving...
39.89 Liters, RM71.80, 422.6km (Primax 95)...
9.01L/100 km...
11.09km/Liter...

According to U.S. News Automotive review, the Elantra 2010 FC (fuel consumption) ratings is as follows;
Urban 10.4km/L, Highway 13.6km/L

3) Latest update FC (Fuel consumption)...
Full Urban Driving (30-40% queue in traffic jams)...
43.61 Liters, RM78.51, 422.2 km (Primax 95)...
10.33L/100 km...
9.68km/Liter...

As a new owner of the said car (Hyundai Elantra (Avante) x20 (AT), figures recorded are as above.
FC (Fuel Consumption) are based on personal driving habit.
Rest assure, driving at 100km/hr., RPM will register about at approximately only 2,000RPM.
So..., if that is any owner driving speed range, it can't get any better than that (for a 2.0L compact car).
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

brokenegg

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

brokenegg

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
Hi Informer,

It's kinda fun reading your review, it's quite informative and useful esp for me as a learner. smile_thumbup.gif Thanks! Just curious why you didn't consider PUG 308 THP or vti?

Informer

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (brokenegg @ Mar 31 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Informer,

It's kinda fun reading your review, it's quite informative and useful esp for me as a learner. smile_thumbup.gif Thanks! Just curious why you didn't consider PUG 308 THP or vti?

Budget constrain... smile_approve.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

daynncool

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

daynncool

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Thanks for the breakdown on the FC informer. Looks like for a C-segment 2.0 car, the FC is pretty decent. I tend to drive cars pretty hard so I expect it would be slightly higher for me.

Still, I 'm looking forward to the Optima coming out in April. I have a feeling it might be over my budget but non-the-less, no harm in test driving. The Elantra/Avante is due for a upgrade too right? But i guess that wont reach our shores this year. Wish it would though, then I could get an Hyundai with the Theta engine. smile_cool.gif

Informer

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (daynncool @ Apr 1 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still, I 'm looking forward to the Optima coming out in April. I have a feeling it might be over my budget but non-the-less, no harm in test driving. The Elantra/Avante is due for a upgrade too right? But i guess that wont reach our shores this year. Wish it would though, then I could get an Hyundai with the Theta engine. smile_cool.gif

Not sure about the Kia Optima will launch here at this present month, but hopefully, the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata will.
Waiting for invitation for the said launch.
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

GP2Stroker

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

GP2Stroker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
great review.... hv been driving/owning the X20 for almost 2 yrs now.... my previous car was a waja.... really satisfied with the car... no maintenance or workmanship/built quality problems since day 1 owning it... great family car and of course not to expect it to drive and handle like an Audi or BMW

closest rival (same price range) would be Kia Forte 2.0, if it ever arrives here, with theta engine, traction control/ESP and other extra goodies which are missing from X20. But u'll hv to consider NAZA's infamous aftersales reputation before getting one.

was planning to keep the X20 for >5yrs.... but now tempted by the new Sonata coming out soon, if the price is right........ aiyo, never thought korean cars would be so appealing

Informer

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (GP2Stroker @ Apr 2 2010, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great review.... hv been driving/owning the X20 for almost 2 yrs now.... my previous car was a waja.... really satisfied with the car... no maintenance or workmanship/built quality problems since day 1 owning it... great family car and of course not to expect it to drive and handle like an Audi or BMW

closest rival (same price range) would be Kia Forte 2.0, if it ever arrives here, with theta engine, traction control/ESP and other extra goodies which are missing from X20. But u'll hv to consider NAZA's infamous aftersales reputation before getting one.

was planning to keep the X20 for >5yrs.... but now tempted by the new Sonata coming out soon, if the price is right........ aiyo, never thought korean cars would be so appealing

GP2Stroker,
If you wait long enough, the 2011 Elantra (Avante) and 2011 Accent, will just blow oneself mind (in car design) and specs. But, as always, we in Malaya will get it late after about a few years when they are already on the roads of US, Canada and Korea. We Malayan's also will get the normal or basic specs compared to the other said countries.
You won't see Accent in rallies anymore (assuming) after that, because it's too damn pretty to get dirty... smile_big.gif smile_big.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...