Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Avante 2.0 (at) - Personal Review

• Please log in to reply

daynncool

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

daynncool

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
GReat review.. will put this car on my list of possibles. Will have to do a test drive. Thanks and please keep it coming smile_thumbup.gif

PersonaML

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

PersonaML

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Look the link below, it is the New Elantra 2012
http://chungkingren..../144880601.html

Informer

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
PersonaML,
Thanks for sharing...
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

Informer

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Update review...

As I drove my car downhill with the Avante (Elantra), it is apparent that it doesn't have any sort of Fuzzy Logic control system which makes the transmission "smarter" by selecting the best shift pattern for a specific driving situation (as in Perdana V6) or Super ECT (Electronic Controlled Transmission as in Toyota Altis). These kind of features will automatically control and detects optimal gear position during uphill/downhill driving.

No wonder, during downhill driving, I felt at times, traveling at a very fast momentum and frequently had to apply the brakes. I only realized this just recently because I seldom downshift during downhill driving with my previous Perdana V6 due to the Fuzzy Logic control system was working.

More about the Elantra/Avante features (USA version)...
Click here...

If that the case, this local Avante (Elantra) got another less safety feature. Just have to get use using manual downshift during downhill from now on.
smile_disapprove.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

darreltian

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
hi bro, just for sharing purpose...try stopping ur car at incline slope (not too steep) and shift to D and dont apply brake.... i noticed mine will self-adjust the torque to keep the car stationary....another feature discovered in korean made cars

tmcchan

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

tmcchan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
The Avante comes with a bodykit? Didn't see any mention of this on their website. They could be slow in updating it, no surprises there. smile.gif

What's the OTR price of your ride? (I couldn't see any price given in your OP) Thanks.
--- Sig under construction ---

Informer

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (tmcchan @ Mar 25 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Avante comes with a bodykit? Didn't see any mention of this on their website. They could be slow in updating it, no surprises there. smile.gif

What's the OTR price of your ride? (I couldn't see any price given in your OP) Thanks.

tmcchan,
2009 Hyundai Avante x20 stock might already be finish.
You can either check out the price at Hyundai Sime-Darby or Kah Bintang Hyundai Showrooms.
Price varies from Salesperson to another.
OTR price in the brochure about RM98k.
For a 2010 model maybe can get estimated range of RM84-RM86k if not mistaken.
New 2011 Elantra/ Avante will come out soon, so they are letting off this 4th. Generation model stock.
Mine comes with genuine INCUS bodykit. There are already aftermarket version. You just need to do some research.
Happy hunting. biggrin.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

war2z

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
Arggh! Another car that catches my interest. Wondering about price and launch date.

My expectations are going to be lowered because I have this feeling local Sonata and Tucson is not going to be competitively packaged sad.gif

daynncool

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

daynncool

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I'm interested to know the launch dates for the new 2011 version too. At the moment I'm leaning towards to Forte 2.0 but I dont like their waranty and lousy after sales issues. Would really like to see a competitive price for the new Avante. Care to take a guess as to how much it would cost?

war2z

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

war2z

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
If I had to make a guess it would be maybe 105k for a 2.0?