Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja Campro Cps Extractor

• Please log in to reply

2centsonly

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

2centsonly

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Accerelator booster does not give u additional power but quicker throttle response, maybe by 0.1 sec, but u'll feel it.

With this 1k cost i would rather spend a little bit more on ECU remap, providing u have done a 'thorough job' (important) on your entire intake+exhaust, i believe most likely u can gain 4~7% on peak power, depending where u want the power band to be.

From what i gather u prefer mid band torque and not peak power, so a tune would be very good for u. But before that please study the entire inflow-outflow first to see if there is any particular bottleneck >> your muffler i guess. Remember our hi-way? Super good huh, but we all get stuck on the toll exit, same thing goes to your inflow-outflow. Having say this, if u want more mid band power, go for small diameter pipe with longer cat-back length with a bend here and there, if u need peak power then go for slightly bigger diameter pipe with the shortest length- straight in straight out (for NA MT car only, turbo or AT is a different matter).... OK OK, i mean the whole thing must be viewed as a system not a piece here another piece there.

And believe me.... stock design has the lowest noise, if u want more power be prepare for more noise at higher rev., there is always a trade off, the engineer at the car company are not idiots, they know their stuffs, if there is some power they can extract they would have done so, the reason they are not doing it is becoz of the excessive noise can not meet regulation.

2centsonly

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

2centsonly

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Oh yeah... one more thing, i'm no expert when it comes to combustion, but i'm damp good with exhaust...besides i fart a lot..haha,

With 7 cars i owned from time to time so far, i spent a lot of hard earned cah into all sorts of different stupid mod that u can think off, from home welded exhaust to Ah Kao exhaust - Japanese exhaust - European exhaust.......

And i'll tell u if u dunno your stuff with exhaust, changing to 4-2-1 header will hurt your car performance, not improving it. The American is damn ###### good with DIY, but few of them attemp a header on their own instead rely on trusted brand for the job. Pls remember the ol man's word for it....

step by step.

P/S if the header gives u a lot of rumble... meaning it is not an equal length design, which means there is little scavenging effect, and it means less residual exhaust is PULLED out from the body, and finally it means no power gain. And from my experience it means soon u will fell less and less power in your car , this would happened slowly.....just my 2 cents

fkmfkm

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (2centsonly @ Mar 28 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah... one more thing, i'm no expert when it comes to combustion, but i'm damp good with exhaust...besides i fart a lot..haha,

With 7 cars i owned from time to time so far, i spent a lot of hard earned cah into all sorts of different stupid mod that u can think off, from home welded exhaust to Ah Kao exhaust - Japanese exhaust - European exhaust.......

And i'll tell u if u dunno your stuff with exhaust, changing to 4-2-1 header will hurt your car performance, not improving it. The American is damn ###### good with DIY, but few of them attemp a header on their own instead rely on trusted brand for the job. Pls remember the ol man's word for it....

step by step.

P/S if the header gives u a lot of rumble... meaning it is not an equal length design, which means there is little scavenging effect, and it means less residual exhaust is PULLED out from the body, and finally it means no power gain. And from my experience it means soon u will fell less and less power in your car , this would happened slowly.....just my 2 cents

y slowly ?

2centsonly

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

2centsonly

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Apr 4 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
y slowly ?

Honestly, i dunno why but it just occurred that way too many times i can not ignore this fact. I fooled around with many uneven length header until i finally gave up, especially 4-2-1. I really dunno.

Maybe someone can better explain this phenomenon.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Apr 4 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
y slowly ?

Sometimes could be your personal feeling. Even when mod with power gain, after a while, when you get used to it, seems the power gain is no longer there, so the feeling is like power lost..... smile_big.gif

2centsonly

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

2centsonly

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 5 2011, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes could be your personal feeling. Even when mod with power gain, after a while, when you get used to it, seems the power gain is no longer there, so the feeling is like power lost..... smile_big.gif

Nope, it was real power loss i'm very sure because i like to time my lap (on an abandon road) everytime i tune my car, no dyno chart though. I'm the kinda person who is obsess with data. Feeling lies but data is always honest.

I suspect it s due to the resonance, or maybe the cat-sensor needs time to adapt, or maybe....... no, i really dunno

vr2turbo

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (2centsonly @ Apr 5 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, it was real power loss i'm very sure because i like to time my lap (on an abandon road) everytime i tune my car, no dyno chart though. I'm the kinda person who is obsess with data. Feeling lies but data is always honest.

I suspect it s due to the resonance, or maybe the cat-sensor needs time to adapt, or maybe....... no, i really dunno

ECU re-calculating downwards all the time............ smile_shock.gif smile_big.gif

rhonot

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:54 AM

rhonot

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
one small modification like this will actually lead to another big. one day u have extra money and go for exhaust shop for muffler..tauke recommend 421..after that muffler cant stand the strong flow from extractor, u l need to replace muffler or add the midbox/bullet, than u'l feel no pickup and some amount of lag/sebu at low rpm..because of the long clean journey from ur 421compare to oem manifold,it is like it take a time to pump a ballon before u will feel the response,reflect of the backpressure.this kind of back rumble pressure will be detect by o2 sensor and use by ecu to adjust ur fuel/air ratio.the more pressure it have the more quick it response to match and supply the exact amount of inlet.haha it need alot of time and variety of tune to have a good exhaust setup based on ur driving chateristic and ur engine power.since ur driving campro cps..it is time to change a custom magnifod and at a td05 or in another word...bolt on.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
Already mentioned modification is never ending...... smile_tongue.gif

Junboy

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Junboy

Veteran