Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Faster Pickup / Better Throttle Response

• Please log in to reply

moors

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
What are the ways to improve pickup / better throttle response for Proton cars?

moors

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Mar 2 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pls help do the following tests and report your butt dyno findings:

a. Just turn your car to the on position (right before cranking the engine) and let it sit like that for a couple of minutes. You will be able to hear the throttle body aligning.

b. You just turn the car on, but don't start it, & DO not hit the accelerator pedal for 2min.

c. You push the throttle pedal the whole way to the floor and turn the key to the on position, do not start the car just turn it on and hold the pedal for like 10 seconds. Release the pedal and turn the car off. Next time you drive it you should notice a more improved response.

drexchan

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

drexchan

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts
what car?

moors

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Mar 2 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what car?

It may work on other "delay by wire" cars.. not sure whether it really works on proton persona.

Gunnerzz

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Resetting the throttle position sensor?

gerald3874

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

gerald3874

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Mar 2 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you are in pj, go to speedworks and change the paper filter element to K & N. its RM350. same for saga. no modification, just take out the old one put in the new one. awesome improvement in the response. 4hp increase.the engine breathes better and life time warranty for the filter. just need to wash whenever it gets dirty. maybe 5 to 6000 kms. rm10 for washing.
i got it done in jan for my persona b/berry T. now waiting to get up every morning to drive the car !!!!!

George

moors

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (gerald3874 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you are in pj, go to speedworks and change the paper filter element to K & N. its RM350. same for saga. no modification, just take out the old one put in the new one. awesome improvement in the response. 4hp increase.the engine breathes better and life time warranty for the filter. just need to wash whenever it gets dirty. maybe 5 to 6000 kms. rm10 for washing.
i got it done in jan for my persona b/berry T. now waiting to get up every morning to drive the car !!!!!

George

I agree with you. Significant improvement after changing to K&N filter have been reported. I was keen to change the air filter but my concern is that fine oil droplets with dust might contaminate mass air flow sensor. Perhaps a stainless steel air filter with no oiling suits me very well.

limking

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Mar 6 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you. Significant improvement after changing to K&N filter have been reported. I was keen to change the air filter but my concern is that fine oil droplets with dust might contaminate mass air flow sensor. Perhaps a stainless steel air filter with no oiling suits me very well.

But the stainless steel type , altho much better intake airflow , don't filter out dust as much as the oiled filter . There are intruction in the filter cleanning kit for your cleanning & oiling reference . Been using K&N filter for more than 2 years , so far so good . do self filter cleanning every 3K-4K km mileage ( whenever I've the time & the weather is fine & sunny ) .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

gerald3874

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

gerald3874

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Mar 6 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the stainless steel type , altho much better intake airflow , don't filter out dust as much as the oiled filter . There are intruction in the filter cleanning kit for your cleanning & oiling reference . Been using K&N filter for more than 2 years , so far so good . do self filter cleanning every 3K-4K km mileage ( whenever I've the time & the weather is fine & sunny ) .

hi,

the p/n SP-3298. contact andy of speedworks at 0166686372 for those who are interested.

George

therapy

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

therapy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (gerald3874 @ Mar 10 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

the p/n SP-3298. contact andy of speedworks at 0166686372 for those who are interested.

George

Can't seems to find SP-3298 from the K&N website...
http://www.knfilters.../appsearch.aspx