Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Lotus F1 Car Are Worse Than Minardi F1 Car

• Please log in to reply

V406198

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
see what Heikki Kovalainen had said....

http://www.worldcarf...rdi--kovalainen
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

kaylcar

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
"Three new teams — Lotus, Virgin Racing and Hispania Racing — join the grid for the season-opening grand prix in Bahrain on Sunday, but already there are worries that their cars are so far off the technical pace that they could pose a hazard on straights where the best cars, such as Jenson Button’s McLaren, will reach speeds of at least 188mph"
The Times, London, 10th March 2010.

About 5 seconds behind everyone else was the conservative estimate. Interesting that 1 Malaysia team has been renamed Lotus!!! Actually Lotus were never any good before Malaysia decided to sponsor them, and to call it a "Malaysian" team compounds the error. I wonder how much technical contribution Malaysians have made to the Lotus team?
smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (V406198 @ Mar 2 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see what Heikki Kovalainen had said....

http://www.worldcarf...rdi--kovalainen

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

DSAI

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
hey atleast they finnish the race 15th and 17th.respect!
a new hope...

rallychamp

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
and more important ahead that so-called virgin team...(aren't those boys not virgin anymore??) laugh.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

DSAI

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
i have nothing say about lotus team.i respect them even trully having mechanical problem also still manage to finish the race! smile_thumbup.gif the sliver arrows also doing a good job shumi 6th rosberg 5th.but for me this year F1 is going to be boring race because of the fueling regulation.
a new hope...

flee

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
For a 6 month old team starting from scratch, its a pretty good thing. They even beat long established Torro Rosso (formerly Minardi)... smile_thumbup.gif
Regards,
Flee

DSAI

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
my hope and i think most people of malaysia really keen to see they finish every race this year and can get some points (top 10 finisher).on top of that, if can take a podium finnish we Rakyat feels delighted smile_thumbup.gif my dream is to see sliver arows and lotus in the podium in the same time!

p/s of lotus win the race, is our national entem will be play?
a new hope...

wanida

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
can anyone explain why lotus using cosworth engine? and i noticed quite a number of other teams also are using this type of engine..so where's the lotus functions here? is it on handling, tuning, accessories etc?? smile_question.gif

gunner93

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

gunner93

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Apr 7 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can anyone explain why lotus using cosworth engine? and i noticed quite a number of other teams also are using this type of engine..so where's the lotus functions here? is it on handling, tuning, accessories etc?? smile_question.gif

Lotus manages the F1 racing team in the UK and car aerodynamics. But looking at how competitive Force India is, Lotus should have plunk in the Mercedes engine instead... smile_tongue.gif

"Less Booze, More Boost" 

http://gunner93.multiply.com

kaylcar

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

engine manufacturer's will only support certain teams who they think will showcase their products whereas Cosworth will sell their engines to anyone and everyone who can pay. Lotus used to be "novel" ground effect, having invented it, but now it don't figure. On the handling...well, I guess you have driven a WAJA and have been "REALLY IMPRESSED WITH ITS FINE HANDLING" haha! smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (wanida @ Apr 7 2010, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?