Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Sonata & Tucson 2010

• Please log in to reply

Informer

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Informer

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
After a few visits to Hyundai Showrooms and SC's...
The word is out...
Some SC's are already preparing to send their Technicians for YF Sonata trainings...
It's most likely by end April or early May, the YF will be launch...
A few days back, I drove passed a VW Passat...
The YF will look somewhat like that...
Sharing this...

smile_approve.gif
Courtesy:
iMotorMy...

kenso

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Mar 8 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah.. bro, where's the media preview they having..

Main Hyundai HQ in Glenmarie.

TheGunner

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
At the media preview this morning, HSDM did not release any pricing details as it is still subject to govt approval. We were shown a LHD pre-production unit of the Sonata YF and also a unit of the Tucson.

Specs are competitive, which you would read about in the story which we are set to publish later today, or early tomorrow. From what I saw, these two new models will really take the fight to the Japanese.

Pricing is set to rival equivalent Japanese offerings and with more features to boot.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Kevin

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Mar 9 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the media preview this morning, HSDM did not release any pricing details as it is still subject to govt approval. We were shown a LHD pre-production unit of the Sonata YF and also a unit of the Tucson.

Specs are competitive, which you would read about in the story which we are set to publish later today, or early tomorrow. From what I saw, these two new models will really take the fight to the Japanese.

Pricing is set to rival equivalent Japanese offerings and with more features to boot.

If SD is banking on more features for the same price, it won't work (but I will secretly thank them for it can only mean I can pick up dirt cheap pre-registered YFs in about 2 years time)

Imagine the Peugeot 308 Turbo in its current form against the Honda Civic - both at similar prices. The Pug will never sell in its current numbers.

kswei

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
QUOTE (Kevin @ Mar 9 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If SD is banking on more features for the same price, it won't work (but I will secretly thank them for it can only mean I can pick up dirt cheap pre-registered YFs in about 2 years time)

Imagine the Peugeot 308 Turbo in its current form against the Honda Civic - both at similar prices. The Pug will never sell in its current numbers.

Yes, I agreed with Kelvin, get a 2nd hand one if the price is near to the Jap. More worth it after 2 years.
Won't be buying anything at Jap price, look at i30 ? they can take their own sweet time to assemble the car, maybe 1 month 1 unit... or less.

1st Member of AW Since 1999

salam03

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

salam03

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Mar 9 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I agreed with Kelvin, get a 2nd hand one if the price is near to the Jap. More worth it after 2 years.
Won't be buying anything at Jap price, look at i30 ? they can take their own sweet time to assemble the car, maybe 1 month 1 unit... or less.

" they can take their own sweet time to assemble the car, maybe 1 month 1 unit... or less."

Do u mean i30 is a CKD...?
I thought i30 is a CBU unit hence the pricier tag.

Salam 2003

TheGunner

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Mar 9 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In terms of specifications and build quality, my impression of the Sonata and Tucson is that they are good enough to match what the Japanese have to offer.

However, as you folks have rightly pointed out, our society still holds a high regard for Japanese makes, who certainly did not reach their current position overnight. All people like Hyundai and Kia can do is continue to develop and introduce better models and gradually win over the heart of consumers.

Brand building is a long and tedious exercise, especially if you're trying to induce a paradigm shift from existing marques.

However, make no mistake, behind the scenes, the Japanese are now getting very worried about Hyundai & Kia, which of course is good news for us consumers.

A final verdict is still pending a full review of these cars when launched, but until then, here's our story from materials garnered from the preview this morning.

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata & Tucson previewed to Malaysian media
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

Kevin

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Mar 9 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In terms of specifications and build quality, my impression of the Sonata and Tucson is that they are good enough to match what the Japanese have to offer.

However, as you folks have rightly pointed out, our society still holds a high regard for Japanese makes, who certainly did not reach their current position overnight. All people like Hyundai and Kia can do is continue to develop and introduce better models and gradually win over the heart of consumers.

Brand building is a long and tedious exercise, especially if you're trying to induce a paradigm shift from existing marques.

However, make no mistake, behind the scenes, the Japanese are now getting very worried about Hyundai & Kia, which of course is good news for us consumers.

A final verdict is still pending a full review of these cars when launched, but until then, here's our story from materials garnered from the preview this morning.

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata & Tucson previewed to Malaysian media

2 airbags in the high-spec variant? Gosh, that's extremely stingy especially when the Forte comes with 3 times more airbags! Let's hope the pricing takes this stingy airbag count into consideration smile_tongue.gif

tmcchan

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

tmcchan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Mar 9 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And how are their local distributors reacting? By increasing their prices! Cases in point, the recent Vios and Lancer price hikes.

Does anyone feel their intelligence being insulted? <facepalm>
--- Sig under construction ---

dzat

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

dzat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ Mar 9 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap, thats wht i did...bought my trajet 2005 cbu in 2007 wt rm30K discount .. ; )....happy & satisfied wt it
dzat