Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Lawless Behaviour Of Motorists Shocks Jpj Chief

• Please log in to reply

droll

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
where has this guy been all this while?????? living underground???????

hello!!!! we see it everyday and we have to learn to deal with it!

sengih

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

sengih

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
I think he just woke up from his deep sleep. Somebody powerful must have threathened him to wake up or lose his job. So, in true malaysian way, use d media loh to show that he is doing his job! Where were all his officers? Tido lagi ka?
Prelude 1980, Subaru 1985, Fiesta 1987, Laser 1991, Lynx 2003, Mazda6 2005, Punto 2000 [:)][:D][8D][:O][8)][:I][:P][}:)][;)][:O)][:x][^]

nofear1979

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (sengih @ Feb 20 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he just woke up from his deep sleep. Somebody powerful must have threathened him to wake up or lose his job. So, in true malaysian way, use d media loh to show that he is doing his job! Where were all his officers? Tido lagi ka?

his officers must be still busy honeymoon and taking nice picture.. wink.gif

2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

profkaizen

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Feb 19 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If what he has seen above shocks him, then he must have been really isolated from reality.

Looking at the photos he posted, there is another guilty party in the one where the Kembara was overtaking at the double white line - the red Perodua Kancil hogging up traffic.

In a trunk road like that, holding up traffic is as dangerous as speeding, because you are building up a long queue of vehicles behind you.

I beg to differ:

There are many stretches along the trunk roads that are designated as "Had Laju 30 kph" and many are "Had Laju 60 kph" so, cars travelling will be legally "hogging" the road if they observe the speed limit. But the Kembara overtaking along the double lines was blatantly flouting the law. There is one stretch of trunk road between Triang and Air Hitam, any overtaking along the double lines will prove fatal as the undulating road does not afford good visibility of oncoming traffic.

I reckon that the JPJ chief alos take not of those ridiculoius HAD LAJU. Perhaps we can start a thread to highlight those stretches with ridiculously designated HAD LAJU smile_angry.gif

YB Ong Tee Kiat replied me that recent bus accident along the newly built Simpang Pulai - Ipoh NS Highway was a result of badly designed road and the barricades.

droll

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
that's quite true. speed limits that are too low (read: designated 30 years ago!) can cause motorists to become agitated, impatient and increase their risk taking behaviour.

TheGunner

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Feb 20 2010, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's quite true. speed limits that are too low (read: designated 30 years ago!) can cause motorists to become agitated, impatient and increase their risk taking behaviour.

Not that I encourage people to break the law, but if the speed limit is too low, and you have a queue of cars building behind you, you should just ignore the speed limit and floor it - build a comfortable distance between you and the trailing car, or let it overtake when it's safe to do so.

On single-carriage two-way trunk road, you don't have a lot of room to take evasive action or brake if one car suddenly has to stop. The best and safest thing for you to do is to ensure ample space between cars.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

darreltian

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Feb 21 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that I encourage people to break the law, but if the speed limit is too low, and you have a queue of cars building behind you, you should just ignore the speed limit and floor it - build a comfortable distance between you and the trailing car, or let it overtake when it's safe to do so.

On single-carriage two-way trunk road, you don't have a lot of room to take evasive action or brake if one car suddenly has to stop. The best and safest thing for you to do is to ensure ample space between cars.

on new year eve there was a massive jam along nilai to seremban PLUS stretch coz cops waiting at the side to fine those using emergency lanes....to me they were just making things worse!....they anticipated for the traffic volumes surge, so why not open 1 lane from the opposite direction to ease congestion....drivers caught in jams easily loose patience and start to drive recklessly....again the main objective is not met, so this year Ops Sikap also another failure!

SplitFire

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:55 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Feb 22 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on new year eve there was a massive jam along nilai to seremban PLUS stretch coz cops waiting at the side to fine those using emergency lanes....to me they were just making things worse!....they anticipated for the traffic volumes build-up, so why not open 1 lane from the opposite direction to ease congestion....they miss out the main objective, so this year Ops Sikap also another failure!

Did Ops Sikap ever successfull? smile_shock.gif Statistic based on final collections or what? smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

nofear1979

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 22 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Ops Sikap ever successfull? smile_shock.gif Statistic based on final collections or what? smile_big.gif

u are damn right.... just show statistic only.... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

the statistic is good... but... how to prevent the accidents????

Human Resource Solutions

nofear1979

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Feb 22 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on new year eve there was a massive jam along nilai to seremban PLUS stretch coz cops waiting at the side to fine those using emergency lanes....to me they were just making things worse!....they anticipated for the traffic volumes surge, so why not open 1 lane from the opposite direction to ease congestion....drivers caught in jams easily loose patience and start to drive recklessly....again the main objective is not met, so this year Ops Sikap also another failure!

i remember 2 years ago... they will open 1 lane from opposite... but now... no more already... opposite lane also jam???

Human Resource Solutions