Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Why Do You Own A Korean Make ?

• Please log in to reply

kswei

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

kswei

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:edu#~#homefam#~#motoring#~#sports
1. Value for money
2. good experience with my NF car, so
now planning on other model.. YF, and Sorento 2010
3. throw in a lot of stuff for buyers
4. u feel like king, coz as they don't sell so many car, services is easy, salesman no knowledge but won't LC, coz need business..and treated u better.. as have less customer to deal with in service center.
5. will not go for jap, u pay a lot and get very bare. and with the improvement of korean car, there's no much different in the driving experience
6. fuel efficiency already improve, so not much different from other made.
1st Member of AW Since 1999

scenic

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
Morning Kevin and kswei,
Thanks for the comments. How much cheaper a korean car relatively compares to Jap rides ? How's the equipment levels that you all get that the Jap tak ada bagi ? Cheers.
director's choice

kkng2000

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

kkng2000

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
I've been driving kia sportage for the past 6 mths. So far I'm satisfied with its performance, built quality and fuel comsuption. This is my first experience owning a korean car. Basicaly I've decided to buy this car because ie value for money and it's meet all my requirements of safety. For example, its come with traction control, ABS, 2 air bags. The price is below 100K for such full eqiuped SUV.

Kevin

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Feb 5 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Morning Kevin and kswei,
Thanks for the comments. How much cheaper a korean car relatively compares to Jap rides ? How's the equipment levels that you all get that the Jap tak ada bagi ? Cheers.

It all depends on the models you are comparing. Generally speaking, when you get only 1 vanity mirror in a Japanese model, the Korean equivalent will offer you 2 vanity mirrors (probably finished in a better material). E.g. compare the lit double vanity mirrors in the Kia Forte with what you get in a Toyota Vios.

It's all the small things that the Japanese omit that are not omitted in a Korean car.

lonelyape

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

lonelyape

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
not all korean cars are tempting
it all boils down to the price and best buck in return

for instance the i30 is selling at 100k+ if you top up abit you can get a civic so it doesnt sound like a good deal at all

the forte price is reasonable and should be tempting enough to attract some potential jap car buyers although the naza emblem how you hope was not glued to the car

the same applies to other makes

vios and avanza could generate a lot sales to umw coffers but models like yaris and rush is slow moving

thus irregardless of what nationality of the freaking car is, it has to be at the linear line of value worth

Kevin

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (lonelyape @ Feb 5 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not all korean cars are tempting
it all boils down to the price and best buck in return

for instance the i30 is selling at 100k+ if you top up abit you can get a civic so it doesnt sound like a good deal at all

the forte price is reasonable and should be tempting enough to attract some potential jap car buyers although the naza emblem how you hope was not glued to the car

the same applies to other makes

vios and avanza could generate a lot sales to umw coffers but models like yaris and rush is slow moving

thus irregardless of what nationality of the freaking car is, it has to be at the linear line of value worth

Yes, you are right. There are some odd apples that do not fit the general rule. The i30 is a very fine car especially in diesel form. In Malaysia, the i30 is priced too high for the market to even consider.

Civic1996

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Civic1996

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Feb 6 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, you are right. There are some odd apples that do not fit the general rule. The i30 is a very fine car especially in diesel form. In Malaysia, the i30 is priced too high for the market to even consider.

The i30 is mispriced... the Gamma 1.6 engine is not oustanding

a 1.6 Altis is a much better bet... and a much bigger car too

darreltian

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (Civic1996 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The i30 is mispriced... the Gamma 1.6 engine is not oustanding

a 1.6 Altis is a much better bet... and a much bigger car too

only present or former korean car owners to share in this posting....read the heading

loop

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

loop

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
dear all,

l was an ex-korean car owner..
before that, l used to drive wira then waja...
i hate these cars...and the company and the "special-protection scheme" given to proton..

i bought picanto instead.
green samba picanto..CBU 1st batch lot..launched before myvi.
was a great car..used it for more than 5 years...
great small compact car.
reason to change was l needed space..

now, l'm driving a jap car ...bought it since Nov last year...
very nice..FC, comfort, NVH etc...but the drive is boring...
just like driving an electric motor car...
but no choice to stick with it for a few more years...
regret for not waiting for forte but no choice..
while the jap is OK for the passengers...for driver...hmmm...bored...
manuevourability is nice if not superb due to the electric power steering...
but korean hydraulic is nicer for hard-drive...

korean cars are nice but periodical maintenance is very important..
my picanto was a superb car...no mechanical problems.
only problems experienced were related to electrical...
maybe my mistake for washing the engine...
but it was just the auto-door lock only..
others all ok.

safety too is not compromised...
my car was hit from back by mat rempit..
his EX5 crumpled and he was thrown over...
my pica only suffered minor dents at the bumper only..
amazed me till now..

koreans or japs, u decide..coz in the end, it's u who will pay for everything...
korean or japs...l dont care much...coz the main point is l think l would never buy proton again..
nationalism or patriotism was not just tested to the limit but was taken advantages by others..

smile.gif

loop

rickyoac

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Hahahaha...
It my turn to write.

Coming to a family which has four korean car.
Two hyundai getz, one kia sephia and one citra. Got money I want buy chevrolet captiva, kia sorento or forte.

Buying japan made far way higher price in the same segment. For the ppl said korean car no good, i hope they don follow others said. Haven't used how you know? Recently, toyota and honda car also recalled for some issue. What you think? Which 1 no quality?

Safety is really no doubt for korean car.
The body really solid, no milo can.
Meet with accident with our korean car few times , .the body really can protect well. If toyota and honda surely bye bye.....

Got many feature and function that japan car don't haver

2nd value not badlar...
2nd hand Honda civic 2.0 2008 sell for 100k. When buying new RM 129k. Depreciation RM29k.
2nd hand hyundai elantra 2.0 2008 sell for 73k. When buying new RM98k. Depreciation RM 25k.

So what you think no value about korean car.
Be Wise To Survive