Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Welcoming All Feedbacks On Volkswagen/FA Wagen

• Please log in to reply

droll

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Feb 2 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most car representatives start off here with good intentions but the majority of them go missing after a while smile_tongue.gif

I will see how long Jason can last.

good point, and you are right. but more important, what changes can he make to improve the situation? i know VW M'sia trolls these forums too so i hope he isn't just doing it for brownie points.

if he does successfully make change for the better, hats off to him for doing so! i would love to see that day (sincerely!).

he will win may loyal and staunch VW supporters / customers / business in the future. it's a win-win situation for both seller and buyer.

so to everyone reading these forums, please post your grouses and if you know people / friends who are not on this forum but have had similar experiences, please encourage them to come here and post (or post on their behalf??).

SAs / SCs are people too and they are often limited by what they can do due to the system in which they operate. i think most customers would understand this point but what customers hate most is being kept in the dark and treated like a fool.

droll

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
jason, for the benefit of the people who are reading this forum, why don't you enlighten the folks as to the internal processes of the SA?

for example, when an SA says there is stock. what really happens? how does he get allocated the stock for his customer? can he book it? can it be snatched by someone else? how does he know there is stock and how "fresh" is this information?

what are the typical delays that an SA faces in delivering the car to a customer?

who can the customer talk to if they are getting the cold shoulder from the SA? yourself?

i think one of the main issues with SAs that we have seen over the years is that they are just salespersons. i have only met one honda SA who is passionate about cars. in this internet age, many customers are well informed about the features of a car and they do their research online before visiting a showroom so they can often smell a lying SA from a mile away.

in the SC department, it would be helpful if:
1. let the customer know how many cars are in line before them and an approximate time when their car will be ready for collection.
2. arrange for alternative transport to get the customer home (it could be as simple as having the receptionist call for a taxi to send the customer off and arrange for a taxi to bring them back to the SC). make sure the customer knows this option is available to them.
3. i know this is a tall order but it would be great if you could work something out for a regular oil change program that would only take 1 hour. toyota has successfully implemented this.
4. reduce waiting time everywhere! servicing a car is such a time consuming process right now. plus they have no car to use while it is in the SC.

leonloke

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

leonloke

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
Jason for now should be responsive to all question asked by fellow forumer. I'm a customer of FA Wagen also. By the way, it is normal to ask from buyer a fee RM400 for registering a car number which do not have a receipt ?

sadface

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:09 AM

sadface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
finally get my scirocco today,im very happy with that,thanks jason for deliver it on time. But the driver seat got some problem heard that the setting is not done yet,maybe ill go back to you next week,anyway thanks alot, +1 vote for u smile.gif

ongwc5

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:00 AM

ongwc5

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
Hi Jason, may i know the golf 1.4 tsi 160hp version, will it come to malaysia! smile_sleepy.gif

tansyuan

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

tansyuan

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Drop by FA Wagen few times, but never seems to have Scirocco for test drive. Do you guy really intend to sell a RM250k car just by letting the customer to feel it in the showroom.

It's time to buckle up. Test drive car should be available at all time, not by appointment or special arrangement. If FA not willing to invest, might as well don't do it then.

Bakat

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

Bakat

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (tansyuan @ Feb 7 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drop by FA Wagen few times, but never seems to have Scirocco for test drive. Do you guy really intend to sell a RM250k car just by letting the customer to feel it in the showroom.

It's time to buckle up. Test drive car should be available at all time, not by appointment or special arrangement. If FA not willing to invest, might as well don't do it then.

i think appointment and arrangement is necessary to avoid joyrider.
Vroom..

TheGunner

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (Bakat @ Feb 7 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes, due to limited number of test cars available, it is understandable that showrooms would require customers to make an appointment for a test drive.

But, whatever it is, the bottom line is that the customer must have the option of test driving the car available to him/her. I always advise my friends, even if they had made their minds up to buy a particular model, insist on test driving the car. This is a simple test for the salesperson. If he/she is not willing to even invest 15 minutes of his/her time to earn your sale, he/she does not deserve it.

On the topic of joyriders, well, before I made test driving cars as my job I got my driving fixes from test driving these showroom cars. I have attended many showroom open houses by Proton, Toyota, BMW, Nissan, Mercedes et al. Cars I drove from those days ranged from the Proton Waja to the Mercedes E55 AMG. There's nothing wrong with letting people test driving cars, even if they are not buyers. With the right treatment, these "joyriders" can be converted to mini brand ambassadors by simply having them going around spreading good words about a certain showroom's good service.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

firdausasri

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
QUOTE (Bakat @ Feb 7 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bakat,

Now you're also switched camp from VW Cars to Fa Wagen too? Although I understand why you guys want to avoid joyriders but these 'joyriders' are the ones who finally bite the bullet and sign the VSO. And since we're talking about test drive appointment, let me tell you that I've been given run around by FA Wagen's SA on the Rocco test drive three times, the first postponement being VIP want to test it, second I was told VGM don't want it to be test driven by us the 'joyriders' but as you guys called for third appointment, it's too late already cos I just can't stand the bitternest of rojak being cooked.
"Turbo lag is giving a head start for NA. Let them make the first move ...."
-Sidious
http://poconggti.blogspot.com

CapKapak

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

CapKapak

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (firdausasri @ Feb 7 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bakat,

Now you're also switched camp from VW Cars to Fa Wagen too? Although I understand why you guys want to avoid joyriders but these 'joyriders' are the ones who finally bite the bullet and sign the VSO. And since we're talking about test drive appointment, let me tell you that I've been given run around by FA Wagen's SA on the Rocco test drive three times, the first postponement being VIP want to test it, second I was told VGM don't want it to be test driven by us the 'joyriders' but as you guys called for third appointment, it's too late already cos I just can't stand the bitternest of rojak being cooked.

I've been considering a Passat CC as an addition to my family fleet but reading the unhappiness experienced by genuine VW buyers is off putting.

Customers are should be treated as kings in the industry. firdausasri's experience with test drives really gets me boiling. That's the typical way Malaysian businesses are run and its because most Malaysians put up with it. In principle car dealers have to put up with risks like joyriders especially so when the mark up on a vehicle is that much. You want to make money and yet don't want to take any risks, how is that possible?

Take a stand and don't be so eager to part with your hard earned dosh. Lodge complains up to the principal and ultimately the manufacturer. Write letters to newspapers. Do what you've gotta do to get acknowledged and expose the problem.

Also VIP so what, there are more of us and less of them so go figure.

Now I've gotta consider the C280.