Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Battery Ko... Again!

• Please log in to reply

l00n3y

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

l00n3y

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
Hello guys. As i am typing this msg, i'm in a tow truck on the way to glenmarie service center with my 308thp at the back. What is the problem? Battery died again! This is my second battery with the first claimed from glenmarie. First battery died in 6 months with about 20k km on the clock, with now second battery died in 4 months with an additional 6k km on the clock. Hmm. I'm pissed.
ju57 my l337 7w0 c3n75

khlee23

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:14 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (l00n3y @ Jan 18 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys. As i am typing this msg, i'm in a tow truck on the way to glenmarie service center with my 308thp at the back. What is the problem? Battery died again! This is my second battery with the first claimed from glenmarie. First battery died in 6 months with about 20k km on the clock, with now second battery died in 4 months with an additional 6k km on the clock. Hmm. I'm pissed.

I just wonder what type of battery they replace for us. So fast KO again! I am on my second battery and I do not feel it is like new battery as occassionally I find it hard to start too. If this happened to me again, I will definitely not changing my battery at Glenmarie again. I heard you could get other cheaper battery from KS in KL.

Life is short. Seize the day!

azhelmy

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

azhelmy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
haiyo..this is quite serious...better lodge complain kaw-kaw...

l00n3y

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

l00n3y

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
My mistake on the mileage. First battery changed at 16k km. Second battery changed at 26k km. I suggest you to check your battery voltage on your next service to avoid getting stuck outside like me. Right now i will wait for their full detailed report on the issue. Will keep you guys updated on what they plan to do and what permanent solution they have. I'm beginning to wonder if the alternator is working well, or is there a short circuit in the system...
ju57 my l337 7w0 c3n75

erymanthus

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

erymanthus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts
QUOTE (l00n3y @ Jan 18 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mistake on the mileage. First battery changed at 16k km. Second battery changed at 26k km. I suggest you to check your battery voltage on your next service to avoid getting stuck outside like me. Right now i will wait for their full detailed report on the issue. Will keep you guys updated on what they plan to do and what permanent solution they have. I'm beginning to wonder if the alternator is working well, or is there a short circuit in the system...

Hope you can get it fixed soon...sounds like it's more serious than just a battery problem....

behcw

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (erymanthus @ Jan 18 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope you can get it fixed soon...sounds like it's more serious than just a battery problem....

whoa .. gotta push for warranty like this .. thp swallows battery ..
too many lighting?? ...

probably the capacity of the battery is too small for thp .. too many electronics .. have to get the bigger DIN ....
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

lchan

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

lchan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
confirm is the cooling fan running after you stop driving thats slowly draining your battery. Its nothing to do with the alternator size or the battery size. You cannot use a bigger battery because your alternator will not be able to charge it sufficiently, and your battery will die just as fast. The only way to prevent it the cooling fan from running after you shut down is to let the car idle for half a minute or drive slowly upon arriving your destination. This gives the the engine time to cool down and also prolongs the life of your turbo bearings as well.

alankkwong

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
to me... this is shocking!...

I would change my own battery from outside because:-

1. cheaper
2. maybe more realible
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

khlee23

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (lchan @ Jan 18 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
confirm is the cooling fan running after you stop driving thats slowly draining your battery. Its nothing to do with the alternator size or the battery size. You cannot use a bigger battery because your alternator will not be able to charge it sufficiently, and your battery will die just as fast. The only way to prevent it the cooling fan from running after you shut down is to let the car idle for half a minute or drive slowly upon arriving your destination. This gives the the engine time to cool down and also prolongs the life of your turbo bearings as well.

This is shocking news. Thats mean they never do proper durable test with this model or what. Can elaborate about this finding? Really appreciate your sharing of info.
Life is short. Seize the day!

behcw

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (lchan @ Jan 18 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good point ... will give it a try.
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com