Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Semi Or Fully: Oil Change For Every 5k Km...

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 29 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's be fair about it. I suppose it is up to you to prove the oil you bought outside is not fake etc. So unless you have the technical and professional expertise to prove that, the best thing is to just use the SC's oil.

But what I can not accept is, some SC insist to use engine oil primarily for gasoline engine for your diesel pickup.

If SC disallow, just use SC's oil. No point complaining...

Must be your ride....... smile_blackeye.gif

artakuz

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

artakuz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 29 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If SC disallow, just use SC's oil. No point complaining...

Must be your ride....... smile_blackeye.gif

But most of the time the oil which SC sell, the price is the recommended oil, no discount and their preferred one (may be got some under table deal with the supplier and etc.). sad.gif

Tourist

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Oct 29 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But most of the time the oil which SC sell, the price is the recommended oil, no discount and their preferred one (may be got some under table deal with the supplier and etc.). sad.gif

I don't mind they sticking to recommended price because they have higher overhead and they have to give you warranty. But not giving us choices and 'less than suitable' oil? What the *&^%*&
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Oct 29 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My colleague with the Bestari send in first service, paid in full. Then second service they ask him got privilege card or not? So he ask back, what privilege card? They mention he can apply for it and get 10% discount from service. So he ask for application form, but they told him only can use on next service..... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

snowy4ever

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

snowy4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 29 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My colleague with the Bestari send in first service, paid in full. Then second service they ask him got privilege card or not? So he ask back, what privilege card? They mention he can apply for it and get 10% discount from service. So he ask for application form, but they told him only can use on next service..... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

for my personal opinion, i dont really like SC's engine oil and some of their staff's attitude(sorry, no offence to those who work in SCs).. if it's not bcoz of warranty validity, i think there will be less business or even no business at all.. lolz..

Tourist

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (snowy4ever @ Oct 31 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for my personal opinion, i dont really like SC's engine oil and some of their staff's attitude(sorry, no offence to those who work in SCs).. if it's not bcoz of warranty validity, i think there will be less business or even no business at all.. lolz..

Yes, warranty validly is the reason why many of us went back to official SC. After warranty period, the only other reason is for major repair like timing belt change because if the belt break, you can claim from them.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

vr2turbo

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 31 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, warranty validly is the reason why many of us went back to official SC. After warranty period, the only other reason is for major repair like timing belt change because if the belt break, you can claim from them.

Still because of warranty.......... smile_blackeye.gif