Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 Audio Cable & Suport

• Please log in to reply

behcw

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (mshiraz @ Apr 8 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi behcw

great!let us know how will it turn out.normally how long is the shipping?

err about the connection via the default usb cable?can explain thanks.

the prices that i mention DENSION rm800 the Connect2 rm400 is via internet.

it says 7 days but have yet to receive mine .. (less than 3 days order ... anxious). Default usb, will try it out and post the pic when i get it ..
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

danieltcc

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
[quote name='mshiraz' date='Apr 8 2010, 12:27 PM' post='1540205']
hi daniel

u meant to say that the FM transmission for our car entertainment (mp3 /sd/ipod/) is okey in terms of sounds compare to the direct cable? thanks.

Hi Mshiraz,

No... I don't have the direct cable connection. Which at the point of my enquiry with NZ Galaxy, they don't have a solution for the FL 407 that comes after July 2009 or something like that. So now living with just the fm tx playing from the usb drive. But I did notice that the sound from the radio stations are much much better than the sound coming from the usb drive (either playing mp3 or video). For that matter, even for the satnav which is also via fm tx. I had opted to remove the small speaker situated behind the NZ5000 which though sounds like surround sound, but in actual fact, makes the drive more unbearable. But the comparison I'm trying to make is the fm tx and actual radio station... sounds from fm tx... but world apart in quality

Daniel in the Lion's Den

beezbub

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
that's why i was asking if there's anyone who have mod their aux2 of the 308. this aux2 is actually the 308gt's 6 cd-changer. i think 407 / 40x also have the same thing. they also have aux2. the thing is, using the connect2, it is the only hardware/software around that allows u to control your usb songs via the audio stalk. so far, no one had a favourable replied in the thread abt aux2 i created some time ago.

hope to see how it looks like after behcw installed the connect2 with usb. & how much did u pay ah (including postage)?

lee5079

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

lee5079

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
I am actually kind of busy + lazy at the moment.. have been working till pretty late rushing for my projects. With AUX1 working, I have confidence to say AUX2 should be working as it provided the source is good. I am not planning to do much thing for now until i got mood to do so.. for now, i listening to original CD or FM.

danieltcc,

Even if NZ has the direct cable, i don't recommend to waste the money unless just spend it for the sake of installing or to use the adapter for own projects.

On accessing if the Navist does Tx quality FMtx, what you can try is use your handphone / mp3 player that has FM function, tune in to your Navist's tx frequency and listen on the headphone / earphones. then you will know if it was the Navist transmitting craps in the first place.

beezbub,
From what i am reading on your last post. I think 308 and 407 have the different Aux2. The 407 has CD Changer + AUX1 + AUX2 which the CD Changer is the one that couple with the CAN bus for the audio control stalk ( which red406 intended to hook up the ipod connector ).

behcw

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (beezbub @ Apr 8 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's why i was asking if there's anyone who have mod their aux2 of the 308. this aux2 is actually the 308gt's 6 cd-changer. i think 407 / 40x also have the same thing. they also have aux2. the thing is, using the connect2, it is the only hardware/software around that allows u to control your usb songs via the audio stalk. so far, no one had a favourable replied in the thread abt aux2 i created some time ago.

hope to see how it looks like after behcw installed the connect2 with usb. & how much did u pay ah (including postage)?

see my last 2 posting numbers ...

beezbub

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

beezbub

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Apr 8 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see my last 2 posting numbers ...

i hope 350 includes postage?

behcw

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (beezbub @ Apr 9 2010, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hope 350 includes postage?

yup

behcw

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
actually got it installed and working today. Sound quality is good, same as cd. Minor gripes are cannot display filename basically there is no display at all but only mp3 on screen, max only 6 folder x 99 files since it emulates a cd changer extension, and folder are with fixed names. Anyhow still better than burning CDRW ....

Did not bother to try connecting ipod since too much hassle.

v8chan

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

v8chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
yes i agreed that the quality from the radio station is quite good. I seldom turn the volume more than 6. Not like the mono sound from the Navi FMtx!! smile_angry.gif
Maybe need to try different frequency which is close to radio station quality!

Right now i only listen to radio. i lazy to recompile the mp3 and burn to CD. Storage for many CD also an issue.

Beside the MFD's unpredicted display switching on the trip view, i found that the Navi also very hard to search for the location i want, not until i reach the area!! eg. when i search SIRIM, it shows only the one next to TPM, but not the main one at Shah Alam!! then when i nearby there only i can see it. Really Fxxx up Naza Galaxy to put in this korean made Navi!! This is the only thing i curse about the car!!!!
I'm thinking if someone can hack the MFD's Windows CE OS, then replace the Navi with Garmin or other better software!! Any software expert here?

I will keep track on this thread. Hope soon we all can relief from this crap!!!!

danieltcc

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (v8chan @ Jul 2 2010, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i agreed that the quality from the radio station is quite good. I seldom turn the volume more than 6. Not like the mono sound from the Navi FMtx!! smile_angry.gif
Maybe need to try different frequency which is close to radio station quality!

Right now i only listen to radio. i lazy to recompile the mp3 and burn to CD. Storage for many CD also an issue.

Beside the MFD's unpredicted display switching on the trip view, i found that the Navi also very hard to search for the location i want, not until i reach the area!! eg. when i search SIRIM, it shows only the one next to TPM, but not the main one at Shah Alam!! then when i nearby there only i can see it. Really Fxxx up Naza Galaxy to put in this korean made Navi!! This is the only thing i curse about the car!!!!
I'm thinking if someone can hack the MFD's Windows CE OS, then replace the Navi with Garmin or other better software!! Any software expert here?

I will keep track on this thread. Hope soon we all can relief from this crap!!!!

At last! Found someone who has the same problem with mine on the unpredictable switching of the display screen on the MFD. Its irritating to say the least. especially if you are on the navi page... and on the important turns, the damn screen flips to the trip screen! Arrrrgggghhhhh. sterb324.gif I found that if you engage the MFD to "dark" rather than trip, the screen does not switch that often. Plus, tapping the screen will bring you back to the original screen that you were at before the irritating switch.
Daniel in the Lion's Den