Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

407 Audio Cable & Suport

• Please log in to reply

mshiraz

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (lee5079 @ Mar 5 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Henry, if you look at the picture I posted up there, you will see a small speaker stick at the back for the NZ-5000. That is the Speaker I mentioned to you ( the internal speaker )

hi lee

latest update on the ipod car adapter

remember earlier in the post i asked you how the sound quality is gonna be like via the device connect to the headunit cd changer port?

it will sound good as clear as cd provided the mp3 source is good.

i followed a friend to an ICE shop in damansara uptown.asked to boss bout it and his shop only has the ipod adapter brand name DENSION.

they r selling it for rm1200.include installation i think.in the net can get around rm700-rm800.

the boss is a very nice person willing to fix the DENSION in my car for free listening and testing.and he has a sound knowledge in ICE.

i wanted to ask him if i were to buy similiar device costing less around rm400 frm net,installing methode same at the cd changer port whats the difference.i think not much of sound quality but the device material.im not sure

will ask him later

m shiraz

lee5079

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

lee5079

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (mshiraz @ Mar 21 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi lee

latest update on the ipod car adapter

remember earlier in the post i asked you how the sound quality is gonna be like via the device connect to the headunit cd changer port?

it will sound good as clear as cd provided the mp3 source is good.

i followed a friend to an ICE shop in damansara uptown.asked to boss bout it and his shop only has the ipod adapter brand name DENSION.

they r selling it for rm1200.include installation i think.in the net can get around rm700-rm800.

the boss is a very nice person willing to fix the DENSION in my car for free listening and testing.and he has a sound knowledge in ICE.

i wanted to ask him if i were to buy similiar device costing less around rm400 frm net,installing methode same at the cd changer port whats the difference.i think not much of sound quality but the device material.im not sure

will ask him later

Thanks for the update, it is pretty much expected that way. I am yet to hook up my AUX2 to another cable that i can just use my MP3 player.

henry7774

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (lee5079 @ Mar 21 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the update, it is pretty much expected that way. I am yet to hook up my AUX2 to another cable that i can just use my MP3 player.

Lee, please let me know the quality of sound system after you hook up to your mp 3 player!! smile_tongue.gif

red406

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

red406

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
just to keep this thread alive...
check this out..!! Peugeot Ipod Adaptor

Quote: This ipod connector lead can be used to plug your ipod into your car audio system via the CD changer port giving excellent sound quality. Compatible with most 3rd generation ipod models. The adaptor will charge the ipod, and allow control through the steering controls. Basic Track information will also be shown

Tiefer, tiefer - Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!

behcw

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
i think the standard usb connector better ..cos u can control with ur car in-built controls. U can still connect ur ipod to it ...

Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

danieltcc

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Apr 8 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think the standard usb connector better ..cos u can control with ur car in-built controls. U can still connect ur ipod to it ...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to add my sen worth of experience. Though nothing compared to Lee's knowledge, I thought that the FM transmission method can be better. If you listen to the radio proper, the sound is actually not bad at all. No interference and all that. So why is it that if you are playing something like MP3 music or watching video, the fm transmission, since its literally next to the head unit, gets lots of interference and the sound quality is just so so only. Is it that the transmission is not in stereo or something? Its very irritating also when watching video, the screen will automatically jump to the trip screen and even with many physical inputs to revert back to the video screen, it refuses to do so and will only revert back to my selection after more than 10 secs. Any ideas?
Daniel in the Lion's Den

mshiraz

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (red406 @ Apr 7 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just to keep this thread alive...
check this out..!! Peugeot Ipod Adaptor

Quote: This ipod connector lead can be used to plug your ipod into your car audio system via the CD changer port giving excellent sound quality. Compatible with most 3rd generation ipod models. The adaptor will charge the ipod, and allow control through the steering controls. Basic Track information will also be shown

hi red

that adapter is quite expensive around rm400 something.there`s another brand DENSION,more expensive rm800 plus.

there`s an ICE shop in uptown damansara selling it for rm1200 plus instalation.

the boss is a very nice person ,willing to fix it to me and letme hear the sound quality from it with no comittment to buy.

now im a very tight with money.so cant really afford to buy any of those 2 smile.gif

by the way i wanted to ask the ICE boss how will the sound quality differs from the rm400 and the DENSION rm800.is it the same or it`s just expensive cos of the material.

review from internet both ok.both connects via the CD changer port.theoretically sounds should be clear as CD.

will keep u posted

m shiraz

mshiraz

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (danieltcc @ Apr 8 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to add my sen worth of experience. Though nothing compared to Lee's knowledge, I thought that the FM transmission method can be better. If you listen to the radio proper, the sound is actually not bad at all. No interference and all that. So why is it that if you are playing something like MP3 music or watching video, the fm transmission, since its literally next to the head unit, gets lots of interference and the sound quality is just so so only. Is it that the transmission is not in stereo or something? Its very irritating also when watching video, the screen will automatically jump to the trip screen and even with many physical inputs to revert back to the video screen, it refuses to do so and will only revert back to my selection after more than 10 secs. Any ideas?

hi daniel

u meant to say that the FM transmission for our car entertainment (mp3 /sd/ipod/) is okey in terms of sounds compare to the direct cable? thanks.

QUOTE (lee5079 @ Mar 21 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi lee

any news ur AUX2 project? thanks
m shiraz

behcw

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
actually i ordered 1 from internet for 350 .... ctapusb011 ...
haven't arrive yet, will see how it goes. If correct, you can connect your ipod thru the default usb cable..
it will act like a usb thumbdrive.
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

mshiraz

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Apr 8 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually i ordered 1 from internet for 350 .... ctapusb011 ...
haven't arrive yet, will see how it goes. If correct, you can connect your ipod thru the default usb cable..
it will act like a usb thumbdrive.

hi behcw

great!let us know how will it turn out.normally how long is the shipping?

err about the connection via the default usb cable?can explain thanks.

the prices that i mention DENSION rm800 the Connect2 rm400 is via internet.
m shiraz