Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota

• Please log in to reply

AhBat

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:36 AM

AhBat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
This is what i read from www yesterday.

Toyota to cut auto parts costs by 30 percent: report
Posted by: Timothy Tibbetts on: 12/24/2009 08:56 AM

TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) plans to cut auto parts procurement costs by around 30 percent over three years to help it regain profitability, media said on Tuesday.

Toyota has asked its suppliers to cut prices of some parts by 30-40 percent for cars that will hit the market by 2013, the Asahi daily said. The Nikkei business daily also said Toyota plans to switch to less expensive materials and parts.

Toyota spokesman Takanori Yokoi said the automaker had made "various suggestions including cost reductions" to suppliers on Monday, but he declined to disclose details.

Toyota, which has forecast its second straight annual operating loss, plans to overhaul its car designs to help cut costs, the two newspapers said.

Toyota's request for a 30 percent reduction in costs -- the biggest in 10 years -- comes as the automaker is trying to sharpen its price competitiveness in emerging markets, the Asahi said.

Growing concern over the yen's continued strength is also behind the move, the Asahi said.

Toyota's shares gained 1.6 percent to 3,780 yen while the broader Nikkei 225 index .N225 advanced 1 percent.

- http://www.pedaltoth...ent_report.html
- Be ready to see a tin can & cheap plastic Toyota on the road soon smile_tongue.gif

This is a computer genarated message, no signature is required.

Tourist

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
So I think there will be more and more Made in China parts in Toyota soon.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

wmng

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

wmng

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 650 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Dec 27 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I think there will be more and more Made in China parts in Toyota soon.

will it jeopardize the quality?

artemus

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
wonder if its a good news or not?

good-
1) now everyone can afford vios here in malaysia.. smile_tongue.gif
2)being a reputable japanese brand..altho cheapskate on some interior part..they hv their name to protect..so..imho..the car is still driveable n safe..
3)it will somehow force the other japs or even conti to consider how to market their product (setting a new benchmark in terms of part pricing)
4)japan brand china/vietnam/thailand/malaysia made (under japs supervision n licience) to me is not that bad..

bad-
1)those days car were built to last..nowadays or in the future..if this trend keep on going..3 yo car will b a junk oredy?
2)proton wannabe?
3)oem part price still the same in malaysia due to "malaysian mentality"=middle man but not d same quality as the previous one?(before 40% discount) ..

well if this kinda method of retaliation from japs carmaker (maybe now toyota but if others follow suit) to soon to b giant korean car makers(look at forte..can japs do d same thing?..affordable yet full with interesting specs).. then for me..its a wrong direction they are headin

just my 2 cent tho...
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

bOROi

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Dec 28 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wonder if its a good news or not?

good-
1) now everyone can afford vios here in malaysia.. smile_tongue.gif
2)being a reputable japanese brand..altho cheapskate on some interior part..they hv their name to protect..so..imho..the car is still driveable n safe..
3)it will somehow force the other japs or even conti to consider how to market their product (setting a new benchmark in terms of part pricing)
4)japan brand china/vietnam/thailand/malaysia made (under japs supervision n licience) to me is not that bad..

bad-
1)those days car were built to last..nowadays or in the future..if this trend keep on going..3 yo car will b a junk oredy?
2)proton wannabe?
3)oem part price still the same in malaysia due to "malaysian mentality"=middle man but not d same quality as the previous one?(before 40% discount) ..

well if this kinda method of retaliation from japs carmaker (maybe now toyota but if others follow suit) to soon to b giant korean car makers(look at forte..can japs do d same thing?..affordable yet full with interesting specs).. then for me..its a wrong direction they are headin

just my 2 cent tho...

Better tell the Japanese, dont bother reducing their cost of production for the cars they are sending to Malaysia. As long as theres Proton and Perodua and maybe Naza to be protected here the Government will make sure however dirt cheap Toyota and the likes can make their cars, to enter Malaysia, govt will slap tax heavily to make them look expensive compared to the two ProPerZa. So why bother make cheap cars, we Malaysians will continue to pay for ProPerZa's survival... smile_blackeye.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

AhBat

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

AhBat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Dec 29 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better tell the Japanese, dont bother reducing their cost of production for the cars they are sending to Malaysia. As long as theres Proton and Perodua and maybe Naza to be protected here the Government will make sure however dirt cheap Toyota and the likes can make their cars, to enter Malaysia, govt will slap tax heavily to make them look expensive compared to the two ProPerZa. So why bother make cheap cars, we Malaysians will continue to pay for ProPerZa's survival... smile_blackeye.gif

yup..agreed with you smile_thumbup.gif . even dirt cheap tin can china car also sky high price here smile_dead.gif
This is a computer genarated message, no signature is required.

artemus

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
second that..

the japs should not announce cheap labour or cheap parts..they will lose dignity n pride imho..some sort of desperate measure..and yes..when the parts hits our shore...hahaha.. no need to elaborate no more...we are a small fish in a small pond..day in day out being bullied by d bigger fish...

DSAI

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
mari ramai ramai kita beralih arah ke kereta buatan korea kerana didapati sejak akhir akhir ini, kereta buatan korea lebih berkualiti.Saya merupakan salah seorang yang fanatik kereta buatan jepun.tetapi saya telah mengambil keputusan untuk membeli kereta buatan korea setelah memandu sendiri dan melihat sendiri capablity kereta korea ini.
a new hope...

artemus

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Dec 30 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mari ramai ramai kita beralih arah ke kereta buatan korea kerana didapati sejak akhir akhir ini, kereta buatan korea lebih berkualiti.Saya merupakan salah seorang yang fanatik kereta buatan jepun.tetapi saya telah mengambil keputusan untuk membeli kereta buatan korea setelah memandu sendiri dan melihat sendiri capablity kereta korea ini.

hope to see ur feedback 2/3 years later...on korean cars..im still a bit hesitated..and i am a strong japs makes supporter..
(hope korean can knock some senses to d japs and they will produce more quality car with affordable price)..

ps_--its the same 30 years earlier when my father bough chrstler avenger n ford cortina over accord n civic

DSAI

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
its coming.all we have is hope.and korean Kia Forte are giving me a new hope.
a new hope...