Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What Detailing Kit You Carry In Your Car

• Please log in to reply

jackson

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (megatnh @ Dec 11 2009, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....i actually have a foldable pail for long distant travelling...he he this is overboard. when i m in apt it helps to have the foldable pail though

the foldable pail u mean is the same one sold in carrefour right? It cmes with washing accessory inside right? Hmmm i've always wondered wwho and for what occasions one would buy that. Thanks for the idea. Thinking of getting one meself too.
It's easy when you know how...

megatnh

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

megatnh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Dec 11 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the foldable pail u mean is the same one sold in carrefour right? It cmes with washing accessory inside right? Hmmm i've always wondered wwho and for what occasions one would buy that. Thanks for the idea. Thinking of getting one meself too.

Jackson
Mine just the foldable pail/bucket. When its folded its pretty light and convenient to carry-around. I bring it during balik kg time with my long distant kit (that allows me to do the washing ) or whenever I am at my apartment…. smile_thumbup.gif

meg

kc2

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

kc2

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
QUOTE (whoopee @ Dec 11 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro., what I meant was that that's why i keep UQD/QD handy for this purpose...whenever i spot it when parking in ANY public or private basement car park....try to wipe it off immediately if possible. When dried, have to remove it carefully too (so that i don't remove one problem by creating another one)....sometimes the mineral residue is quite rough too. So far, crossing fingers, not leaking at where i park daily now. Sometimes driving through the smart tunnel (from KL towards Seremban only, since that's the upper deck) will also kena....

ok ok

i hv seen cars with stalactite stalagmite ....really a bit like a mini gua tempurung, as they constantly left the dripping water on without care

i know u wouldnt but better to be safe than sorry

Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.
- Abraham Lincoln

vr2turbo

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (megatnh @ Dec 9 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello detailers

What detailing stuffs you carry for Daily and Long Distant Travelling...or you guys just keep 1 kit?

For day-to-day I have a MINI kit consist of Scratch remover, ultimate quick detailer, quick interior detailer, leather conditioner, wax and of course a microfiber towel and a terry towel. This kit is for quick cleaning in case of minor scratches, bird droppings, leave saps and any other unwanted dirts . Odor remover is kept in the car all the time...

For me, only have 2 mf cloth in the car. Car is washed weekly during weekends.
It depends on what you mean long distance traveling. If going back to my in laws place, then car shampoo is a must, together with wash mitt, mf cloth and drying towel. No time to detail the car there.
As for outstation travel meaning holidays, forget about detailing lah! You are on holiday still want to detail the car?
Don't be a slave to the car.....ha! ha!

megatnh

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

megatnh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 13 2009, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, only have 2 mf cloth in the car. Car is washed weekly during weekends.
It depends on what you mean long distance traveling. If going back to my in laws place, then car shampoo is a must, together with wash mitt, mf cloth and drying towel. No time to detail the car there.
As for outstation travel meaning holidays, forget about detailing lah! You are on holiday still want to detail the car?
Don't be a slave to the car.....ha! ha!

vr2turbo
when i m travelling on holidays i ll bring the emergency kit only lor...same with u when going to relatives for visiting I ll bring my long-distant kit with shampoo ... so i have 2 different kits ...and another set for full detaling (not use during holiday)...
meg

vr2turbo

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (megatnh @ Dec 13 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo
when i m travelling on holidays i ll bring the emergency kit only lor...same with u when going to relatives for visiting I ll bring my long-distant kit with shampoo ... so i have 2 different kits ...and another set for full detaling (not use during holiday)...

detailing kit with polishes and waxes will not be good if kept too long in the hot car.... smile_blackeye.gif

megatnh

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

megatnh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 13 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
detailing kit with polishes and waxes will not be good if kept too long in the hot car.... smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo
that's why I keep em in the travelling bottles and keep the ori containers at home... smile_cool.gif

meg

vr2turbo

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (megatnh @ Dec 14 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo
that's why I keep em in the travelling bottles and keep the ori containers at home... smile_cool.gif

To sum up, you one terror detailer..... smile_thumbup.gif

megatnh

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

megatnh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 14 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To sum up, you one terror detailer..... smile_thumbup.gif

ha ?! I m seasonal Detailer ... Sometimes on most of the time off..when get new car on again

this time I need to get as much detailing tips from you guys like youself...
meg

vr2turbo

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (megatnh @ Dec 14 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ha ?! I m seasonal Detailer ... Sometimes on most of the time off..when get new car on again

this time I need to get as much detailing tips from you guys like youself...

ha! ha! no, no, not me.
We have sifus here who are experts in their own field, depending on what aspect of detailing you need to know.
To name a few. Bro. Krismas, mubull, g88, kc2, ken aka fish. These few are the active ones.
A bit quiet ones are Bro. 2322, vx55, spidey, hitachi. To what I know, they have certain specialized field of their own..... smile_thumbup.gif
Those sifus that I did not mention, sorry as I can remember so many off hand..... smile_wink.gif