Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Which Is Best Engine Oil For Waja Cps?

• Please log in to reply

jasonheng

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

jasonheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hi guys, i will be sending in my car for the 10,000 km service. from day 1 until now i have been using Petronas Mach 5 mineral oil 10w30.

given the options (not many, though. Authorized proton service centers make u use either Petronas or Shell to cover warranty), which type of oil should i go for? continue with Mineral or use the Semi-synthetic?

currently with my conservative driving culture, 60% highway 40% city, i am getting about 10km / liter. (which translates to RM 0.18/km).

ntc2000

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (jasonheng @ Dec 8 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys, i will be sending in my car for the 10,000 km service. from day 1 until now i have been using Petronas Mach 5 mineral oil 10w30.

given the options (not many, though. Authorized proton service centers make u use either Petronas or Shell to cover warranty), which type of oil should i go for? continue with Mineral or use the Semi-synthetic?

currently with my conservative driving culture, 60% highway 40% city, i am getting about 10km / liter. (which translates to RM 0.18/km).

yup... new car better go for mineral or semi 1st... after clocking more than 20k-30k, then u can switch to semi/fully.

i use mineral till 24k then switch to semi.... and now using fully sync. m driving 4G18 waja

jasonheng

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

jasonheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup... new car better go for mineral or semi 1st... after clocking more than 20k-30k, then u can switch to semi/fully.

i use mineral till 24k then switch to semi.... and now using fully sync. m driving 4G18 waja

really? and does it help to improve your fuel consumption? actually that's my main concern. i'll do all sorts of things to improve my fuel consumption.

vr2turbo

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In CBT Magazine, the author always emphasize on protecting with FS since day one for full protection.
Some mention using mineral to let new engine run in before using FS.
Some don't believe in FS at all.
Base on the above, it is up to you what you want to use. No clear cut to a Best Engine Oil...... smile_wink.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jasonheng @ Dec 9 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really? and does it help to improve your fuel consumption? actually that's my main concern. i'll do all sorts of things to improve my fuel consumption.

Better fuel consumption comes in many ways. Best is to control the right foot...... smile_big.gif

Other than that, no fast acceleration, no sudden hard braking, keep rev within torque range, carry less load, don't speed etc. etc.
For Engine oil you are using 10w-30 which is quite light already. Other than that, you can try a semi or FS 5w-30 oil.... smile_wink.gif

jasonheng

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

jasonheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 9 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better fuel consumption comes in many ways. Best is to control the right foot...... smile_big.gif

Other than that, no fast acceleration, no sudden hard braking, keep rev within torque range, carry less load, don't speed etc. etc.
For Engine oil you are using 10w-30 which is quite light already. Other than that, you can try a semi or FS 5w-30 oil.... smile_wink.gif

haha yeah i always practise Qi Gong on my right foot. anyway, i think i'll use Semi synthetic for 10,000km change. but will still change every 5,000km.

mp420

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
10W-30 is the weight that recommend for CPS engine as stated at the car user manual. If u want to maintain xW-30 weight, I believe that most of the SC didn't bring in many stock for xW-30 oil. My friend driving a CPS also have to bring his car to PE branch just for using the xW-30 oil because PE dealer didn't supply the xW-30 weight oil. I using the Shell Ultra 5W-40 since 10k service that supply the PE dealer for my BLM. smile_big.gif PE SC only supply Petronas or Shell. I want to use own oil but my SA bising at me.

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

jasonheng

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

jasonheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
10W-30 is the weight that recommend for CPS engine as stated at the car user manual. If u want to maintain xW-30 weight, I believe that most of the SC didn't bring in many stock for xW-30 oil. My friend driving a CPS also have to bring his car to PE branch just for using the xW-30 oil because PE dealer didn't supply the xW-30 weight oil. I using the Shell Ultra 5W-40 since 10k service that supply the PE dealer for my BLM. smile_big.gif PE SC only supply Petronas or Shell. I want to use own oil but my SA bising at me.

but one thing i really doo lan is they selling their own shell/petronas oil damn marked up la. i got lobang to get FUCHS fully synthetic damn cheap. in the end all tell me if want my warranty 5 years, must use their own oil. Teeeeew!

Tourist

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

There was a study by Castrol on FS vs Mineral and I think the improvement on FC was 5%.

There was a study by Castrol on FS vs Mineral and I think the improvement on FC was 5%.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

jasonheng

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

jasonheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Dec 9 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u mean the better FC is for Fully or Mineral?