Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Warranty Void After Accident?

• Please log in to reply

ain206

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
rule of the thumb....

if our vehicle is still under the manufacturer warranty and in case of a mishap..... do send your case to the franchise workshop for repair. All franchise workshop/SC is an authorised panel repairer to most insurance company.
please also note that authorised SC is not franchise SC.... Franchise SC own buy the manufacturer while Authorised SC own by others but authorise by the manufacrturer as SC and not necessary an insurer panel repairer...

This will ensure continuity of the warranty after the accident. Most car manufacturer have their own helpline....

proton has proton i-care, peugeot has peugeot care line... keep their number in case of emergency. if possible do not let independant panel workshop tow your vehicle after an accident as this is where the trouble will start......

after the warranty period........ do as you wish but follow your insurer requirement.

Tourist

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rule of the thumb....

if our vehicle is still under the manufacturer warranty and in case of a mishap..... do send your case to the franchise workshop for repair. All franchise workshop/SC is an authorised panel repairer to most insurance company.
please also not that authorised SC is not franchise SC.... Franchise SC own but the manufacturer while Authorised SC own by others but authorise by the manufacrturer as SC and not necessary an insurer panel repairer...

This will ensure continuity of the warranty after the accident. Most car manufacturer have their own helpline....

proton has proton i-care, peugeot has peugeot care line... keep their number in case of emergency. if possible do not let independant panel workshop tow your vehicle after an accident as this is where the trouble will start......

after the warranty period........ do as you wish but follow your insurer requirement.

You just confirm what I had been saying. While there may be other methods, I reckon the best method is to take damaged car back to manufacturer's SC to avoid any potential future problem on warranty issues.

On authorized workshop vs franchise workshop. If you are in a town that has no franchise workshop, I think you are allowed to tow your car to the authorized workshop with the consent of the insurance company. If they refuse then you just ask the insurance company to pay tow fees to the next town that has franchise workshop and that can be hundreds of kilometer away and I reckon they would not want to do that because they will be paying for the tow.
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

Tourist

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rule of the thumb....

I was told all manufacturer/franchise workshop are automatically insurance authorized repairer if car still under warranty. If they refuse, then the insurance company has to bear the full warranty of the car themselves, a thing they will surely not want to do. Just imagine, if the car still have 3 yrs warranty, then every time something go wrong with the car, you starting claiming repair from the insurance company for the next 3 yrs. Can anyone from the insurance company confirm this?

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

V406198

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Dec 8 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got it wrong. I did not use the word "MUST". I used the word "best" because repair/claim are all done by the same official SC.

Cold bro, Cold.... why got so mad ? carefull with the high blood pressure... smile_tongue.gif

i was refer to your another posting la...

"If that appointed workshop is a Proton SC, then yes, it is bull shit. But if it isn't a Proton workshop, why should they honor Proton's warranty? This is because we all know, for warranty to remain intact, ALL work/repair/service must be done by Proton SC which clearly wasn't the case here."

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

ain206

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Dec 8 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told all manufacturer/franchise workshop are automatically insurance authorized repairer if car still under warranty. If they refuse, then the insurance company has to bear the full warranty of the car themselves, a thing they will surely not want to do. Just imagine, if the car still have 3 yrs warranty, then every time something go wrong with the car, you starting claiming repair from the insurance company for the next 3 yrs. Can anyone from the insurance company confirm this?

yes we can say they are automatically authorised repair center for insurer.....

and insurance company will only bear warranty for parts that has been replace due to accident not the whole car..... warranty is up to 6 months depending on which insurance company...

anything goes wrong with the car which is not related to an accident, it is the manufacturer's responsibility...... then again if the car not repaired at the franchise SC... warranty claim will be a headache

i hate to say this ..... when it come to warranty issue after and accident for vehicle still under manufacturer warranty insurance co / workshop / manufacturer will find 1001 of one way/reason to push the problem to either one of them...... all of them just want to wash their hand....

and we will be the ping pong ball........ professionalism within the malaysia motor insurance industry is still very very far....all those involve only care for their pocket.. consumer/customer become the victim......

aiya dont want to comment more lah..... nanti kena shoot pulak.......

Tourist

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hate to say this ..... when it come to warranty issue after and accident for vehicle still under manufacturer warranty insurance co / workshop / manufacturer will find 1001 of one way/reason to push the problem to either one of them...... all of them just want to wash their hand....

That is why I think the best method is take the car back to the manufacturer workshop for repair. That way, they can't blame anybody else or push the responsibility to other people but themselves.

Jumpman23

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Dec 9 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is why I think the best method is take the car back to the manufacturer workshop for repair. That way, they can't blame anybody else or push the responsibility to other people but themselves.

In Bolehland, anything also boleh they like to play "tai chi" to put blame on others.

Tourist

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Dec 12 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Bolehland, anything also boleh they like to play "tai chi" to put blame on others.

In bolehland, the car owner are equally to blame for this sad state of affair. They never want to stand and fight for their right. When SC said, "this is normal" or "they are all like that" or "can't be done" etc, many owner just walk away.