Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Problem With Honda City 2009

• Please log in to reply

Jumpman23

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Hello all,

Now i'm in Haatyai. Amazing the car here is so cheap. There have this Nissan Teano 2.5 V6 cost around 1million thai bath is using the CVT Xtronic Murano engine. The Murano here cost around 2 million baht.

Saw a couple of Honda City here, the cost is so much cheaper compare to Malaysia.

One thing strange the public toilet in Haatyai is so much cleaner and not so smelly compare to Malaysia.

OK, will check out soon back to Malaysia. Here the tyres most are Michelin, they said the thread is new, compare to Malaysia the thread is old, is slightly more expensive by couple of baht.

The auto magazines cost about MYR 9.00 but has many car which we don't have.

The brand mercedes is cheap compare to Malaysia. If got time please visit Haatyai nice place, gorgeous babes at night.

muscaa

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

muscaa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
sad when we compare the car price between msia and thailand sad.gif

Jumpman23

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Anyone try changing Michelin tyres at Haatyai, it is more expensive but the thread is newer thread!

Only problem is the warranty, but for Kedahan, or Perlis shouldn't be much problem.

sharmaraj

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

sharmaraj

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (jackytiong @ Dec 18 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it could be global warming....

Hi team,
I have booked New Honda City and my SM said that he going to install 3M tint for my car for free
and I have to add RM 400 if i need to put the protection layer.

He said, the V-cool elit will cost rm 1400++. is the protection layer will be the same story as the Llumar issue?

I am not very familiar with car tint and so on.... any suggestion pls...

Viper

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Viper

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
QUOTE (sharmaraj @ Jan 13 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi team,
I have booked New Honda City and my SM said that he going to install 3M tint for my car for free
and I have to add RM 400 if i need to put the protection layer.

He said, the V-cool elit will cost rm 1400++. is the protection layer will be the same story as the Llumar issue?

I am not very familiar with car tint and so on.... any suggestion pls...

3M tint for free! Are you sure! Coz 3M tinted film wont b cheap! I doubt the sales person will be generous enough to FOC this high performance tint.

What series they giving you? The highest grade would be Crystalline. Top of the line from 3M. From 3M distributor RRP shd be around RM2300 before discount. Then comes down to 3M Fx HP series the whole car would be around RRP RM1400 before discount. IF you wanted to opt for security film, 3M has it as well...... the price will be slighly cheaper to full Chrystalline car, but definetly more expensive then 3M FX HP series.

If you wish to know about 3M tinted film pls email me @ viper1912@hotmail.com. (I am a end user, not earning a single cents while recommend you with 3M product. I can recommend you a good 3M installer/ distributor @ a reasonable price!)

Jumpman23

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Last Monday on February 1st, i drove to Honda City Service Center and get some rubber console fix.

The tweater console at the left hand corner of my City dashboard popped up suddenly. Attempt to twist it back seems impossible.

Now the left door open latch seems very tight, we have fix the driver side door latch which is now working but now it is left door.

My wife said this car is like plastic.

Previously Waja 6 years no such defect. But City drive less than 3 months got so many cheap case incident.

Seriously those workers in Malacca plant should enforce more stringent control. Also check whether they use or replace or reverse engineer quality product. I'm sure there are some baddie within local Honda who earned commission from replacing City parts with local made or 3rd grade stuff.

I suspected it is due to the heat that the tweater console in the dashboard came out. This material is local made and fix.

jackytiong

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

jackytiong

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Feb 5 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last Monday on February 1st, i drove to Honda City Service Center and get some rubber console fix.

The tweater console at the left hand corner of my City dashboard popped up suddenly. Attempt to twist it back seems impossible.

Now the left door open latch seems very tight, we have fix the driver side door latch which is now working but now it is left door.

My wife said this car is like plastic.

Previously Waja 6 years no such defect. But City drive less than 3 months got so many cheap case incident.

Seriously those workers in Malacca plant should enforce more stringent control. Also check whether they use or replace or reverse engineer quality product. I'm sure there are some baddie within local Honda who earned commission from replacing City parts with local made or 3rd grade stuff.

I suspected it is due to the heat that the tweater console in the dashboard came out. This material is local made and fix.

Not only that the sound proofing is bad! first week is fine. after one week can hear motorbike and lorry sounf/suspect is the rubber change quality......after hot sun. complain to SC, they said normal. *$&)(!&)(&*_)!*_#*_#)!*(_+#!

melang

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

melang

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (jackytiong @ Feb 7 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only that the sound proofing is bad! first week is fine. after one week can hear motorbike and lorry sounf/suspect is the rubber change quality......after hot sun. complain to SC, they said normal. *$&)(!&)(&*_)!*_#*_#)!*(_+#!

Get the sound proofing job done. That can help a bit.

Jumpman23

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Sound proof so far is OK, except the engine is noisy.

stanmarsh

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

stanmarsh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
for me, 09' city's sound proof is quite sux... compare to others cars which around da price range,
without pertiency jus my own opinion.. smile_blackeye.gif