Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My New Proton Saga

• Please log in to reply

padhma

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

padhma

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Dear Friends,
Collected my new, spanking Proton Saga, Hi-Line, Auto, Mettalic - Blue Berry Tea colour yesterday at 6.10pm. Simply cool!!!!!
On the whole quite satisfied except for the following :

1. A little noisy - wind noise.
2. Air Cond keeps going on and off ( compressor) very frequently. Quiet irritating. Salesman said he will check on this.
3. Steering doesnt lock after removing ignition key!!
4. Auto Shift does not light up the P N D 3 at the gear level. Is this normal ? Proton should look at this. Otherwis you have to keep looking at the dash panel to see in which gear you are in, particularly at night !!
5. No mud flaps - salesman say morden cars dont need mudflaps. He thinks I was born yesterday.

Help needed from you all.
I am sooooo happy with my new baby.
Regards,
Padhma

ntc2000

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Dec 3 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,
Collected my new, spanking Proton Saga, Hi-Line, Auto, Mettalic - Blue Berry Tea colour yesterday at 6.10pm. Simply cool!!!!!

2. Air Cond keeps going on and off ( compressor) very frequently. Quiet irritating. Salesman said he will check on this.
4. Auto Shift does not light up the P N D 3 at the gear level. Is this normal ? Proton should look at this. Otherwis you have to keep looking at the dash panel to see in which gear you are in, particularly at night !!
5. No mud flaps - salesman say morden cars dont need mudflaps. He thinks I was born yesterday.

Regards,
Padhma

congrates for ur new car. I dont have saga but below is my point of view

1) Wind noise ? How fast u drive?? may be due to the rubber or glass misalignment.
2) Very frequently means ?? aircond kick on/off frequently is normal mah..
3) even u steer finish? I even didnt use waja steering lock for this... advise u get a better pedal lock + fuel cut switch to secure ur car.
4) hmmm... this really need to check with SC
5) salasman is BS...

Thank.

biggrin.gif
4)

mosh

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
congratz!! that was fast to get the car.. i remember u just posted ur inquiry a few weeks back rite ?

the aircond thingy... u shud be normal.. my non-proton engine in my wira oso behave like that.. so does my savvy - more louder i tell u.. smile_blackeye.gif

newer car do not come with mudflap nowadays.. i dunno y.. but its kindda weird.. smile_question.gif
even forte oso dont have..

ntc2000

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Dec 3 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congratz!! that was fast to get the car.. i remember u just posted ur inquiry a few weeks back rite ?

the aircond thingy... u shud be normal.. my non-proton engine in my wira oso behave like that.. so does my savvy - more louder i tell u.. smile_blackeye.gif

newer car do not come with mudflap nowadays.. i dunno y.. but its kindda weird.. smile_question.gif
even forte oso dont have..

yup... even waja EV 16in rim, full spec also didnt come with mudflap, only EV 15 inch rim(non airbag) got mudflap.

nofear1979

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 3 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup... even waja EV 16in rim, full spec also didnt come with mudflap, only EV 15 inch rim(non airbag) got mudflap.

after pakai skirting, the mudflap also throw away.....
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

Gunnerzz

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (padhma @ Dec 3 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

Regards,
Padhma

1.My BLM has minimal wind noise but the tyre noise is loud at 80kmh.If its really wind noise,check your rubber lining at the door.

2.If temp is set at minimum then its normal.

3.Clearly a fault.However the steering needs to be turn more than the Waja for it to lock.

4.There is no light at the gear console.I'm used to looking at the dash and no longer need to look down when shifting.
U can consider DIY if u really needs it.

5.Its weird but many new car regardless of make hav no mudflaps.If u chech the road and transport rule,mudflaps is a must and driving around without it is illegal and can be summoned.
Last month i had to use petrol to remove tar stain on the body coz it dos not hav mudflaps.

kohf1drive

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 3 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but mine got wor

mp420

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Congrats padhma for your new baby. smile_big.gif

1. A little noisy - wind noise. ==> How fast u driving? City or highway driving. Mine is OK je.

2. Air Cond keeps going on and off ( compressor) very frequently. Quiet irritating. Salesman said he will check on this. ==> do u pusing your air-con temp to max? I'm OK je like normal.

3. Steering doesnt lock after removing ignition key!! ==> not try yet. I never use this. Hehe.

4. Auto Shift does not light up the P N D 3 at the gear level. Is this normal ? Proton should look at this. Otherwis you have to keep looking at the dash panel to see in which gear you are in, particularly at night !! ==> I'm using Manual. Not sure about this.

5. No mud flaps - salesman say morden cars dont need mudflaps. He thinks I was born yesterday. ==> cut cost mah.

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

justdoit

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:03 AM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ Dec 3 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5. No mud flaps - salesman say morden cars dont need mudflaps. He thinks I was born yesterday. ==> cut cost mah.

So the car wash centres have more business.
moon

padhma

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

padhma

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (mp420 @ Dec 3 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats padhma for your new baby. smile_big.gif

1. A little noisy - wind noise. ==> How fast u driving? City or highway driving. Mine is OK je.

2. Air Cond keeps going on and off ( compressor) very frequently. Quiet irritating. Salesman said he will check on this. ==> do u pusing your air-con temp to max? I'm OK je like normal.

3. Steering doesnt lock after removing ignition key!! ==> not try yet. I never use this. Hehe.

4. Auto Shift does not light up the P N D 3 at the gear level. Is this normal ? Proton should look at this. Otherwis you have to keep looking at the dash panel to see in which gear you are in, particularly at night !! ==> I'm using Manual. Not sure about this.

Okay, have sorted out 2 & 3.
1. Have set temp knob to min and the compressor is working fine. Have to try and push it mid position on a hot day and see how it works.
2. With the engine running, turn the steering 1 t 1 1/2 inche to the right or left of centre and turn the key to acc and then press, turn to lock and remove key.
Lastly, how wonderful if this model was sold for RM30 to RM35K.
Regards,
Padhma