Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Freed Coming To Malaysia 2010?

• Please log in to reply

had

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

had

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
Saw in Paul Tan blog today, he did mentioned that Malaysia will get the Freed in our shore.

He mentioned, on the "Proton Exora on sale in Thailand this month" as below:-

" The Proton Exora will go on sale in Thailand at the Thai Motor Expo this month. I don’t have the exact variants but Proton’s
Thai distributor Phranakorn Auto Sales revealed that it would be pricing the car between 699,000 Baht to 799,000 Baht. This
undercuts the recently launched Honda Freed’s price tag of between 894,000 Baht and 1,074,500 Baht. We will also be
getting the Freed soon. The Savvy is also expected to be phased out in Q3 2010 and replaced with the 1.3 liter Proton
Saga. "

Correct me if I wrong.

Please feel free to share/comments, if you heard so.

jayraptor

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (had @ Dec 2 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw in Paul Tan blog today, he did mentioned that Malaysia will get the Freed in our shore.

He mentioned, on the "Proton Exora on sale in Thailand this month" as below:-

" The Proton Exora will go on sale in Thailand at the Thai Motor Expo this month. I don’t have the exact variants but Proton’s
Thai distributor Phranakorn Auto Sales revealed that it would be pricing the car between 699,000 Baht to 799,000 Baht. This
undercuts the recently launched Honda Freed’s price tag of between 894,000 Baht and 1,074,500 Baht. We will also be
getting the Freed soon. The Savvy is also expected to be phased out in Q3 2010 and replaced with the 1.3 liter Proton
Saga. "

Correct me if I wrong.

Please feel free to share/comments, if you heard so.

As expected, good thing. More mini MPVs in the local market for people to choose. No domination. Already mentioned that its selling price will be at RM90k. Expect more to come next year. Ford, Kia and Hyundai seems to have new mini MPVs to be released as well.

Honda Freed already have assembly plant in Indonesia. Now available in Thailand should be easier to bring in the Freed.

teosw

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

teosw

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
News is getting more solid that the new 2009 Honda Freed is coming to Malaysia very soon from our neighbourhood country - Indonesia.

Find out more on the 2009 Honda Freed here... Honda Freed is coming to Malaysia very soon from Indonesia and launching in Thailand this month!

pgkia

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
wow...90k for a 1.5l car?

abstract from the linked article above:

.....equipped with a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder SOHC 16 valve L15A i-VTEC engine ...... and delivers an output of 120PS....mated with 5-speed Auto Transmission....

summerwine

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

summerwine

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
checked with Honda last week, booking already started. booking fee fully refundable, if u don't want the car once it arrives. expect it to be in MY April/May 2010. price not confirmed yet, but rumored will be ard RM119K. sure higher than Jazz. first batch most likely from indonesia, second & third batch will be from tomyam land.

Accord club @ HavocMalaysia.net
Accord CP1,CP2,CP3 Forum

LS71

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (summerwine @ Dec 22 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
checked with Honda last week, booking already started. booking fee fully refundable, if u don't want the car once it arrives. expect it to be in MY April/May 2010. price not confirmed yet, but rumored will be ard RM119K. sure higher than Jazz. first batch most likely from indonesia, second & third batch will be from tomyam land.

What? RM119k? It is ridiculous pricing for me to consider for a segment B MPV.......

summerwine

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

summerwine

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ Dec 23 2009, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? RM119k? It is ridiculous pricing for me to consider for a segment B MPV.......

Jazz V grade is already RM109K. Jazz S grade is 105K. so it's rumoured additonal 10K for the freed lah, biasa lah...boleh-land mah.

Accord club @ HavocMalaysia.net
Accord CP1,CP2,CP3 Forum

pgkia

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
honestly, for 119k, i would consider Nissan GL(<100k)....

ydloi

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

ydloi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
Should price between 85k and 95k, then will consider. Otherwise what the use of AFTA? Honda sendiri masuk pocket the 5% waiver for import tax?

pgkia

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
i think unlikely ler....i just visited Honda Thailand web, the basic model is around 895k bahti, that is like RM90k. It is almost impossible to have a Honda car cheaper in Malaysia than Thailand ..... sad.gif