Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Help Needed For Sentra 1.6 A Maintenance

• Please log in to reply

fooyc

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:05 AM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (ManU @ Dec 11 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
foo
the car doesnt has ABS, could it be the stupid caliper issue ? but just 8k ++ milleage only wo ? but it didnt happen all the time, sometimes u brake hard and long also, wouldnt hear it ... maybe will ask the SC to check it on next coming service ..
before this i heard u mentioned about the n16 rear suspension wrongly setup, does it mean its rear suspension belongs to easily rosak type ?
whats the rpm reading for your 1.8 at speed 110km/h ?
As I am not a qualified Nissan mechanic, as much as I can think of, is what I already told you. Best send the car in for thorough check up. Unless you pop by Puchong and let me drive around, I can try to diagnose further.
The rear suspension, is merely the damper rebound is kinda slow, and the travel is rather short. Otherwise, is alright.
& no, it won't last for 200K, the entirely assembly. My torsion beam bushes are nearing its end of life span smile_tongue.gif

110km/h....I could be wrong, I remember seeing approx. 2800-2900. I hardly drive in that speed.

Please don't PM me.

Popcorn

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 12 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I am not a qualified Nissan mechanic, as much as I can think of, is what I already told you. Best send the car in for thorough check up. Unless you pop by Puchong and let me drive around, I can try to diagnose further.
The rear suspension, is merely the damper rebound is kinda slow, and the travel is rather short. Otherwise, is alright.
& no, it won't last for 200K, the entirely assembly. My torsion beam bushes are nearing its end of life span smile_tongue.gif

110km/h....I could be wrong, I remember seeing approx. 2800-2900. I hardly drive in that speed.

On the suspension.. i find it if u sit 2 pax behind, car pretty low... it's unlike my old Waja where even 3 pax also not that low.. the coil not stiff enough?

110kph on meter for 1.6 N16 auto at 3k.. Those City with 5AT can achieve lower rev with an additional gear. For such car, anything averaging 4k rev or 140kph on highway will give u not so good mileage but if keep within legal limit can achieve 16km a litre easily
Cruiser

fkmfkm

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 12 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got sound already ? how u know is giving problem ?.... what need to change there ha ?

yeah the travel is just too short...and i feel malaysian spring is too soft for that short travel...

fooyc

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Dec 12 2009, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got sound already ? how u know is giving problem ?.... what need to change there ha ? yeah the travel is just too short...and i feel malaysian spring is too soft for that short travel...
Purely based on my experience with 2 pieces of N16 at home. smile_tongue.gif Still its best to confirm with your mechanic, although they are human too smile_big.gif

Please don't PM me.

fkmfkm

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 12 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Purely based on my experience with 2 pieces of N16 at home. smile_tongue.gif Still its best to confirm with your mechanic, although they are human too smile_big.gif

errr..sure got some symtom right ?

fooyc

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:35 AM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Dec 13 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
errr..sure got some symtom right ?
Are you expecting me to pluck some answer from the air ? I haven't even ManU-san's car yet leh smile_tongue.gif

Please don't PM me.

fkmfkm

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 14 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you expecting me to pluck some answer from the air ? I haven't even ManU-san's car yet leh smile_tongue.gif

i am referring to your car lah...

fooyc

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Dec 14 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am referring to your car lah...
Your question is not specific, I don't know what you want me to answer wor smile_big.gif

Please don't PM me.

fkmfkm

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 14 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your question is not specific, I don't know what you want me to answer wor smile_big.gif

you mentioned your torsion beam bushes are nearing its end of life. got sound ?

fooyc

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:31 AM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Dec 14 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you mentioned your torsion beam bushes are nearing its end of life. got sound ?
Physical inspection, shows all its related bushes are harden up, and shows slight hairline crack + the rear damping are getting less pliant than usual, on the secondary ride quality of course.

Please don't PM me.