Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Stuck In Flood

• Please log in to reply

khskeet

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:32 AM

khskeet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Nov 30 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i cannot move oh... i've stuck in the traffic jam.. cannot go front or backward.. trapped in jam.. the eeriee part is slowly watch the water rising.. smile_shock.gif several car front, behind, left right me oso sangkut.. all sort of car, another wira, viva, myvi and a nissan sentra oso kena..

bills came out today.. ~pengsan..!

smile_shock.gif too bad to hear that oh. mind to share how much the bill comes up to?? and what has been change and done.
bro

kohf1drive

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:15 AM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Dec 1 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can claim but ncd burn ar... my ncd is 50% now..

Should be worth for RM2k above

mosh

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:49 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Dec 1 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bencana alam boleh claim insurance?

anyway sorry to hear what happen to u bro..happen to ur savvy?
mind to share the cost?

ps-last time encounter the same thing also..on a rusa...cost me rm200.. smile_angry.gif (ankle level..rusa is high..but the engine bay is not)

this happen to my wira 4g91, luckyly not my savvy.. i kena RM644 for the repair as the car was towed to a proton edar workshop, not a normal workshop... smile_cry.gif

batery oso flat out after that. luckyly still got warranty. i have to pay additional rm20 ringgit on top of that

my insurance cover bencana alam.. its just an option ( rider ) policy that u can add..

but i kindda unsatisfied on my insurance co.. they refuse to tow my car to the nearest workshop.. yesterday i call and give my explanation, then the manager call me to apologies.

artemus

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
the tow truck.. is it from from AAM or NARSQO or individual u know one?

rm644 for the repair only? memang mahal...what part they charge/change?

hehehe im using third party insurance for my 15yo junk..if anything must pandai pandai to survive and source the cheapest ,safest, fastest way..
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

nozzy

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Dec 1 2009, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this happen to my wira 4g91, luckyly not my savvy.. i kena RM644 for the repair as the car was towed to a proton edar workshop, not a normal workshop... smile_cry.gif

batery oso flat out after that. luckyly still got warranty. i have to pay additional rm20 ringgit on top of that

my insurance cover bencana alam.. its just an option ( rider ) policy that u can add..

but i kindda unsatisfied on my insurance co.. they refuse to tow my car to the nearest workshop.. yesterday i call and give my explanation, then the manager call me to apologies.

Its the sign of asking u to change new car bro

mosh

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Dec 1 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its the sign of asking u to change new car bro

that y lar... next year... lancer...oh lancer...! smile_big.gif

suck & drain water from exhaust pipe, centre bullet & muffler
engine oil - due to service aledi -- change to shell semi 10/40
oil filter - due to service aledi - change to ori proton
gb oil - dirty-- change to ori mmc diamond atf
spark plug - wet -- change to ori bosch proton
air filter - wet -- change to ori proton
engine tuning - tuning using MUT
air flow sensor - replaced
labor charges..

thats all is $644

pre- workshop -$$
towing from kota damansara to danau kota setapak on raya holiday - $130

battery flat out - warranty replacement $20 smile_cry.gif

the tow truck is from an individual. a friend of the proton edar sa owner that i regularly send my savvy for normal service.

mine insurance is from etiqa.. wud be changing to brand next year ( feb 2010 )

before that im thinking to send to a normal workshop but, based on my experience. if got major problem. better go to a reputable workshop as they can't try to con u on some thing else cuz "branded" sc got their set of checklist to follow on car repairing. rather than a small workshop that basically dismantle everything first. then investigate. last time during my 4g15 day.. i got such experience on it..

but for small2 repair, i prefer to go to small workshop...

what to do.. $$$ fly aledi... smile_dead.gif smile_dead.gif smile_cry.gif

ntc2000

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
sorry to hear bro...

yup... better go for reputable workshop for ur case. If go to those small-small palia workshop, they will change here change there and cost u another bomb.

artemus

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
im on the other hand will try to avoid SC as much as possible no matter what..hehehe
lotta bad experience there loooong time ago..and heard some confession from some of their trainee...(mark as change but they take away the stuff and sell it outside)---happen only when minor services..

i prefer under the pokok trusted mech of mine if anything happen..big or small probs

prob number 2-----to eliminate bad odour and ruin interior due to water...(a big advantage if u live in landed gated houses)

jemur...jemur..

cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

Gunnerzz

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Good to hear your car is ok.

I've drove through minor flood b4 at Malim Jaya Melaka.
Water is not deep but i can confirm its at least 5 inch of water.
Ask Splitfire,he know the place.If rain heavy for few hours sure tenggelam.
Got one tyre shop,his allignment bay can bela ikan already.

If i'm driving other vehicle like my BLM or my mom'm wira,i wont be scared.
At that time,i was driving my dad's Waja 1.8 with all those electronic gizmo in the gb and all the can get wet connector.
Imagine how scary i was,super slow while maintaining throttle.

mosh

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:39 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Dec 1 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im on the other hand will try to avoid SC as much as possible no matter what..hehehe
lotta bad experience there loooong time ago..and heard some confession from some of their trainee...(mark as change but they take away the stuff and sell it outside)---happen only when minor services..

i prefer under the pokok trusted mech of mine if anything happen..big or small probs

prob number 2-----to eliminate bad odour and ruin interior due to water...(a big advantage if u live in landed gated houses)

jemur...jemur..

yalah.... this is my 1st timer on flooding case.. if next time im in the same situation. definitely will call other good centre than SC..

prob no 2 --- my driver seat smells like salted fish.. i tried to open up the cushion cover but seems like its stuck and wud tear apart if i cont to force it.. have to jemur & febreeze it..