Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How To Remove Stuborn Water Marks/ Stain On Windshield ?

• Please log in to reply

kaminski

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 2 2012, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, works on the lighter watermarks, as vinegar and bicarbonate of soda mixed lemon juice are acidic too...... smile_wink.gif
Vinegar with fish n chips? I thought tartar sauce?..... smile_tongue.gif

Tartar sauce is for posh people smile_big.gif Vinegar and mushy peas for us poor people happy.gif
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

vr2turbo

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ Feb 2 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tartar sauce is for posh people smile_big.gif Vinegar and mushy peas for us poor people happy.gif

Don't say like that...... biggrin.gif

mcwong644

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

mcwong644

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ Feb 2 2012, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
White vinegar works on most watermarks on glass, as does bicarbonate of soda mixed with lemon juice. Last time I used vinegar made me hungry for fish n chips happy.gif

The water marks drive me crazy!! Only 1 year+ and the sunroof and windshield dotted and marred by these stains. Tried vinegar both apple cider and rice vinegar. All sorts of glass cleaner and also tried car wax. Nothing works. Then I found a bottle of forma-hero water stain cleaner in tesco puchong. Cost me rm 13+. Works like a charm. Tested a small patch on sunroof and windshield and voila! Completely removed the ugly stains. Go get a bottle and you can throw away the vinegar or risky paint remover.

sifuconman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

sifuconman

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (mcwong644 @ Sep 15 2012, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The water marks drive me crazy!! Only 1 year+ and the sunroof and windshield dotted and marred by these stains. Tried vinegar both apple cider and rice vinegar. All sorts of glass cleaner and also tried car wax. Nothing works. Then I found a bottle of forma-hero water stain cleaner in tesco puchong. Cost me rm 13+. Works like a charm. Tested a small patch on sunroof and windshield and voila! Completely removed the ugly stains. Go get a bottle and you can throw away the vinegar or risky paint remover.

Is there any side effect such as residue etc....?

vr2turbo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (sifuconman @ Feb 11 2013, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any side effect such as residue etc....?

Not sure on Sun Roof, but be careful for front windscreen, because they seep into wiper scratch lines and haze white blocking your view and is difficult to remove. If use on front screen make sure it is washed off before it haze/dries.....

justdoit

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 11 2013, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure on Sun Roof, but be careful for front windscreen, because they seep into wiper scratch lines and haze white blocking your view and is difficult to remove. If use on front screen make sure it is washed off before it haze/dries.....

At one time I used Brasso.
moon

cbsteh

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Better to use Glass Compound. Formahero has one. Cheap too. The one I have is this:

Or use Beekeeper's Friend. Very effective.

wwhyukaa

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

wwhyukaa

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (proton24 @ Nov 13 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got some really stubborn water marks on my windshield... tried all kinds of soap....
It becomes a irritation especially during rainy night driving ...

Any experience / suggestion on removing it ?

I am also want to know, who give a detail post.
Live now.

surabhi

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

surabhi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Have you heard of car detailing.Just send your car to a good service station in your locality.It can be possible that using such soaps and detergents can make them more worse.