Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Turbo

• Please log in to reply

mOjOLoOn

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

mOjOLoOn

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
Hi
guys

How to choose the right turbo for my GSR-RS? Can any turbo can fit into it?? As long as it is in the range of 1.8cc?

SOrry ah.. nob here..

^mOjOLoOn^® is a registered trademark of mOjOLoOn Inc. Copyright © mOjOLoOn Inc. All rights reserved.

---------------------------------------------------

mOjOLoOn will not resposible on your behaviour at the forum because of my creativity writing. Please to release your frustration by clicking on the private message 'mOjOLoOn' if you would love to express yourself toward mOjOLoOn. I would love to receive your email and select on the "delete" button with pleasure. @mOjOLoOn 2006.

fkmfkm

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (mOjOLoOn @ Oct 12 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
guys

How to choose the right turbo for my GSR-RS? Can any turbo can fit into it?? As long as it is in the range of 1.8cc?

SOrry ah.. nob here..

want to upgrade urs ?

Try TD05H-20G....can go 1.5 bar....sure power enuf for u...

mOjOLoOn

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

mOjOLoOn

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
Hi

I mean can i use other evo, skyline or etc turbo except twin turbo? Is there different direction, size or etc?

^mOjOLoOn^® is a registered trademark of mOjOLoOn Inc. Copyright © mOjOLoOn Inc. All rights reserved.

mOjOLoOn will not resposible on your behaviour at the forum because of my creativity writing. Please to release your frustration by clicking on the private message 'mOjOLoOn' if you would love to express yourself toward mOjOLoOn. I would love to receive your email and select on the "delete" button with pleasure. @mOjOLoOn 2006.

V406198

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (mOjOLoOn @ Oct 13 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I mean can i use other evo, skyline or etc turbo except twin turbo? Is there different direction, size or etc?

if you use those OEM turbo that was in the cars that you mentioned above ( mind you those are bigger cc car and your are 1.8 only) you will experience serious turbo lag, and then you need to remap your a/f ratio to run riches to higher boost to get max power out put...and this will require you to fitted bigger fuel pump, bigger fuel injectors, high fuel pressure regulator, bigger intercoolant....and the list will keep going...and going

the ideally BOT for 1.8 car should be TD04H-15G that will min the turbo lag and list of mods will not as long as above...
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

mOjOLoOn

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

mOjOLoOn

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
I know the list will go on and on and on... but I just curious can it be done or not...

V406198

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:35 AM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (mOjOLoOn @ Oct 13 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the list will go on and on and on... but I just curious can it be done or not...

Sure it can be "Done" !!!..... but what/how is consider is "Done" that should be the question !

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

mOjOLoOn

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

mOjOLoOn

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Oct 14 2009, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure it can be "Done" !!!..... but what/how is consider is "Done" that should be the question !

hahahha... thanks. .THat's would be next question... No point to ask that question if it can't be done at the first place.. Cheers.. Anyway thanks for sharing information..

How can it be upgrade to that? Do I need to upgrade the manifold exhaust too??

V406198

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (mOjOLoOn @ Oct 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahahha... thanks. .THat's would be next question... No point to ask that question if it can't be done at the first place.. Cheers.. Anyway thanks for sharing information..

How can it be upgrade to that? Do I need to upgrade the manifold exhaust too??

First, for any N/A car to BOT, you have to consider few thing in your car before you move on...

- engine compression ratio, the higher ration the better, ideally 8.5:1, normally NA car are with low compress ratio like 10.5:1 so a thicker head gasket are needed to higher the ration, if not lower ratio engine will need to carefully choice the turbo type that with low turbo boosting like 0.4 or max 0.5bar...so it wouldn't blow your engine head easily...

- type of engine block, cast iron are good for BOT as it will more durable but bad in heat dispense, aluminium block are good for heat dispense but bad in high boost holding..other thing like material of piston, shaft, con rod, valve spring, bearing, heat gasket as import to improved if BOT for high compress turbine with high boost...otherwise low pressure turbo should bolt on.

if you really understand the above theory with crystal clear then you can move on to decide which BOT to go - low pressure turbo (LPT) or high pressure turbo (HPT) , try consult the right professional ( turbo seller/installer/users) for the right size/spec for your car with your own requirements...

normally BOT package will consist of following....

- a turbo unit with actuator
- custom make exhaust manifold (4-1)
- custom make down pipe
- FMIC with all piping
- extra or stronger cooling fan's
- better air intake system
- ECU remap/chipping/piggy back
- bigger cc fuel pump
- bigger cc fuel injectors

optional items below if you wanted the BOT to be perfect and more durable...
- better flow exhaust system (make sure it have the right amount of exhaust back pressure for small cc car )
- Blow of valve ( make sure it pair well with your turbo)
- Waste gate ( make sure it pair well with your turbo)
- Boost control unit (manual or digital)
- A/F ratio control unit (ideally for turbo engine should be 12:1)
- better heat dispense radiator
- Fuel pressure regulator
- better ignition system
- better & durable silicone vacuum hoses/radiator hoses
- better air flow intake from your car like CAI or modify front bumper air vents
- better heat dispense from your engine bay like bonnet air scoop
- better coolant & engine oil, if possible add engine oil cooler as well ATF cooler.
- better flow intake manifold
- bigger bore throttle body
- engine monitoring meters....

and for your safety concern, please fit those in your car once BOT are done...
- Better brake system
- better suspension system
- better tire & rim
- add reinforce handling bars
- right attitude of driving turbo car...

vr2turbo

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
Bro. Richard,
Very very detail........ smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif
I like the last part "right attitude of driving turbo car"
Even my mechanic when servicing my car do not allow his workers to test drive....... smile_tongue.gif

A lot of people also tent to forget the safety issue, like Brakes, suspension and tyres upgrade......

If using original piston, only can use low boost as the piston may not be able to withstand high boost.....

mOjOLoOn

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

mOjOLoOn

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
whoa.. thanks for all the long information... but mine is not bolt-on.. My engine already currently running with turbo... Just wanna to upgrade to a bigger turbo... but dunno how to get the right one..