Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Impressions: Hyundai Avante X20

• Please log in to reply

kenso

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 19 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and additional service charges for the next 5 years...

Hmm, wouldn't service charges be charged regardless whether warranty is 5 years or not?

Kevin

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 20 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, wouldn't service charges be charged regardless whether warranty is 5 years or not?

Service charges will still be levied during the warranty but all non-wear and tear parts are covered by the warranty.

For those who do not drive a Hyundai, Hyundai service charges are very reasonable with 10k km service intervals.

kenso

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Oct 20 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Service charges will still be levied during the warranty but all non-wear and tear parts are covered by the warranty.

For those who do not drive a Hyundai, Hyundai service charges are very reasonable with 10k km service intervals.

Exactly ... so I`m wondering what point fkmfkm was trying to make.

Anyway, just wanted to share my views about 2 different types of fuel pumped to the Avante. My company has a Shell fleetcard which allows me to pump either RON95 or RON97. So far, pumping either fuel has no noticeable difference in terms of performance. Caltex RON95 seems to give better engine response compared to Shell RON95. Tried V-Power and it was a waste of money (at least, so far based on what I can observe) with no significant improvement on acceleration. Friend told me V-Power doesn`t work as well on a new engine as opposed to an old one ... I'm beginning to feel this is true.

darreltian

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 22 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, just wanted to share my views about 2 different types of fuel pumped to the Avante. My company has a Shell fleetcard which allows me to pump either RON95 or RON97. So far, pumping either fuel has no noticeable difference in terms of performance. Caltex RON95 seems to give better engine response compared to Shell RON95. Tried V-Power and it was a waste of money (at least, so far based on what I can observe) with no significant improvement on acceleration. Friend told me V-Power doesn`t work as well on a new engine as opposed to an old one ... I'm beginning to feel this is true.

hehehe...my fren driving the new ascent also told me the same thing, guess hyundai new models will give optimum performance using Caltex petrol and engine oil smile_sleepy.gif

Jumpman23

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Try BHP RON97 2x infiniti

Not bad the acceleration.

fkmfkm

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 22 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooppps sorry,,

u mean service charge is free for 5 years ?

kenso

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 23 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooppps sorry,,

u mean service charge is free for 5 years ?

I mean there'll always be service charge, regardless whether it's 1 year or 5 year warranty. Not more, not less. Hence I don't quite understand what you are trying to say when you mention "additional" service charges when regardless whether the car is under warranty or not, service charges still apply .... unless u have a means of servicing ur car without paying after warranty?

alfee

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

alfee

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 24 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I mean there'll always be service charge, regardless whether it's 1 year or 5 year warranty. Not more, not less. Hence I don't quite understand what you are trying to say when you mention "additional" service charges when regardless whether the car is under warranty or not, service charges still apply .... unless u have a means of servicing ur car without paying after warranty?

"Service charge" is levied for 1k, 5k and 10k service.

fkmfkm

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 24 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean normally after warranty ppl send outside for servicing....

rickyoac

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Hyundai getz 1.3 also come with auto shut off light when turn off engine.
This is very good.
This feature only come with korean car.

As i know honda civic 2.0 and toyota also don have.

smile_approve.gif

When you drive korean car you will get the satisfy that will never come with japanese car. You will explore more usable feature.
Be Wise To Survive