Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What Is The Most Basic Modification?

• Please log in to reply

kcfoo76

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

kcfoo76

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts
All mod sifu,

I think the principle of modification is to increase horses. for entry level of modification, what do you suggest for moding a V6 engine? change plug? cable? K&N filter?......

Happy moon festival... smile_approve.gif

artemus

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
dunno much abou v6..but i think d principles of internal combustion engine petrol fueled is sttill d same..
what ive done to my ride do increase perfomance a bit..really noticeable at low to midend..but top end..still d same..(very fast goin up to 180kmh compare to b4 modding)..

1.k&n drop in air filter..
2.cyclone air turbulance kinda thing in d filter box(read lot of bad thing bout this product,but been 3 years now..and d result is good )accelerate more faster..
3.hotbits full exhaust system(from header to muffler wif bullet in d middle,drive an automatic so uses s-flow type)
4.volker iridium sparkies wif pro rallyie cables..(not any much difference..but fc improves a bit)

ive done d modification bit by bit to test d improvement invidually..
now im looking forward to
1.pnp or maybe polish only wifout ported.
2.lcp (still researching bcause heard some bad thing about harmonic damping after change to lcp)
3.bigger injector
4.bigger fuel pump?
5.that fuel pressure thingy..
6.ecu remap?piggyback oe reflash..(guess something is holding up my car from exceed 180kmh..maybe its d ecu?)
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

limking

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Oct 3 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dunno much abou v6..but i think d principles of internal combustion engine petrol fueled is sttill d same..
what ive done to my ride do increase perfomance a bit..really noticeable at low to midend..but top end..still d same..(very fast goin up to 180kmh compare to b4 modding)..

1.k&n drop in air filter..
2.cyclone air turbulance kinda thing in d filter box(read lot of bad thing bout this product,but been 3 years now..and d result is good )accelerate more faster..
3.hotbits full exhaust system(from header to muffler wif bullet in d middle,drive an automatic so uses s-flow type)
4.volker iridium sparkies wif pro rallyie cables..(not any much difference..but fc improves a bit)

ive done d modification bit by bit to test d improvement invidually..
now im looking forward to
1.pnp or maybe polish only wifout ported.
2.lcp (still researching bcause heard some bad thing about harmonic damping after change to lcp)
3.bigger injector
4.bigger fuel pump?
5.that fuel pressure thingy..
6.ecu remap?piggyback oe reflash..(guess something is holding up my car from exceed 180kmh..maybe its d ecu?)
Don't think that the ProRallye cable is of any good coz did bought one for my friend about acouple of months ago .When the engine is running and hot , the cable became very soft ( guess it's the material they used ) & performance wise that's not much of an improvement .Anyway ,the ProRallye cable is nothing compared to the original stuff , Nology Hotwire . Now my friend changed the cable to Nology Hotwire . RM180 for the ProRallye cable burned .
Regarding about the LCP , try Methology LCP which is dampened, tho' the price is more than double of those in the market but the quality is there and rest assured .
Pick up seemed to be better but don't expect any increase of HP like some people said .
Regarding bigger fuel pump & injector , no much of a point unless the performance parts ( PnP , Performance cam , ECU .....ect ) have been modded / upgraded into your engine first . Just my 2 cents worth .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

artemus

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Oct 3 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't think that the ProRallye cable is of any good coz did bought one for my friend about acouple of months ago .When the engine is running and hot , the cable became very soft ( guess it's the material they used ) & performance wise that's not much of an improvement .Anyway ,the ProRallye cable is nothing compared to the original stuff , Nology Hotwire . Now my friend changed the cable to Nology Hotwire . RM180 for the ProRallye cable burned .
Regarding about the LCP , try Methology LCP which is dampened, tho' the price is more than double of those in the market but the quality is there and rest assured .
Pick up seemed to be better but don't expect any increase of HP like some people said .
Regarding bigger fuel pump & injector , no much of a point unless the performance parts ( PnP , Performance cam , ECU .....ect ) have been modded / upgraded into your engine first . Just my 2 cents worth .

yup..ure right!! pro rallye cables bacame soft when hot..boleh d tekan2..and d colour of d cable fades too.. smile_angry.gif
i bought mine for rm200..damn it..been using it for 2 years now..i bought it because speedworks dont hv any cables to fit in wif volker iridium..so they suggest me on pro rallyie..they say cheaper than NGK N NOLOGY which is rm300++..im attracted to that grounding cables that comes wiff pro rallye

those performance upgrade i mention above did some job on increasing my standard 92bhp to 97bhp..and d most important thing i "felt" d power when driving..

ps-upgrade stuff at one shop but dynoed at d other shop..(just trying to get honest result)

limking

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Oct 4 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup..ure right!! pro rallye cables bacame soft when hot..boleh d tekan2..and d colour of d cable fades too.. smile_angry.gif
i bought mine for rm200..damn it..been using it for 2 years now..i bought it because speedworks dont hv any cables to fit in wif volker iridium..so they suggest me on pro rallyie..they say cheaper than NGK N NOLOGY which is rm300++..im attracted to that grounding cables that comes wiff pro rallye

those performance upgrade i mention above did some job on increasing my standard 92bhp to 97bhp..and d most important thing i "felt" d power when driving..

ps-upgrade stuff at one shop but dynoed at d other shop..(just trying to get honest result)

Just for info : NGK cable cost around RM500++ & Nology Hotwires cost around RM700-RM750 . The ProRallye followed the Nology Hotwires's concept .Just that the material they used are of poorer quality if compared with Hotwires . Sorry ,no offense meant . Just trying to get things straight out .
I do believe that the Hotbits exhaust system & the volker iridium sparkies do some little wonders but the ProRallye cables I doubt . Even if it does , also it's not much noticed . Try putting back your old cables for a spin if you doubt what I said . My friend just did that to realise it . His ride is modded similiar to yours except that his exhaust is from Apexi & sparkies from Nology Silver .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

artemus

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Oct 5 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for info : NGK cable cost around RM500++ & Nology Hotwires cost around RM700-RM750 . The ProRallye followed the Nology Hotwires's concept .Just that the material they used are of poorer quality if compared with Hotwires . Sorry ,no offense meant . Just trying to get things straight out .
I do believe that the Hotbits exhaust system & the volker iridium sparkies do some little wonders but the ProRallye cables I doubt . Even if it does , also it's not much noticed . Try putting back your old cables for a spin if you doubt what I said . My friend just did that to realise it . His ride is modded similiar to yours except that his exhaust is from Apexi & sparkies from Nology Silver .

nahh..non taken..actually i appriciate ur feedback..no wonder lah pro rallye looks similar to nology..kinda imitation or 2nd class quality..sumwer in 2007 i was quoted rm350 for NGK and rm400++ for nology..dunno lah fake one or not..but at a famous performance upgrade wkshop here..the price is increasing nowadays eh?

i wont go so far as rm500 or rm750 for a sparkies on my old ride..can get myself 60k km mileage recond auto gb oredy at that price..
my old cable ive thrown oredy..after 12 years using it..hehehe

the only problem wif my ride is why la cant exceed 180kmh mark or cant go pass 6krpm? when idle i can rev it till 8k..? on highways..i tekan d pedal 80% =180kmh , tekan 90%=180kmh , pedal to d metal=still 180kmh.. what kinda speed cut is this?

very d sakit hati when savvy and saga blm following at d back closely on d highways at 160kmh...(the only thing i noticed i can only outrunned them if im steppin hard from 160 to 180 ..torque powerrrrr)

savvy 1.2 n saga blm seems lack of torque..but when im doin 170kmh comfortably ..look at d rear mirror they are still there!! smile_angry.gif

rikeys

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
all these cable stuff not work on new cars stock cables are best. i read option mag they did test on a few brands sold in HK and ended up NGK stock ones where the best & consistant. now u know why NGK price quite high when sold here.

i gave away my prorallye as it made more static noise than so called power also did dyno tests and tiada apa apa naik pun except my beban bank naik! hahaha

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

limking

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Oct 5 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nahh..non taken..actually i appriciate ur feedback..no wonder lah pro rallye looks similar to nology..kinda imitation or 2nd class quality..sumwer in 2007 i was quoted rm350 for NGK and rm400++ for nology..dunno lah fake one or not..but at a famous performance upgrade wkshop here..the price is increasing nowadays eh?

i wont go so far as rm500 or rm750 for a sparkies on my old ride..can get myself 60k km mileage recond auto gb oredy at that price..
my old cable ive thrown oredy..after 12 years using it..hehehe

the only problem wif my ride is why la cant exceed 180kmh mark or cant go pass 6krpm? when idle i can rev it till 8k..? on highways..i tekan d pedal 80% =180kmh , tekan 90%=180kmh , pedal to d metal=still 180kmh.. what kinda speed cut is this?

very d sakit hati when savvy and saga blm following at d back closely on d highways at 160kmh...(the only thing i noticed i can only outrunned them if im steppin hard from 160 to 180 ..torque powerrrrr)

savvy 1.2 n saga blm seems lack of torque..but when im doin 170kmh comfortably ..look at d rear mirror they are still there!! smile_angry.gif

If not mistaken , your's ride is a Civic EG/SR4 right ? If possible try to scout for a Hondata ECU & a good tuner to fine tune it .Guess that will do to push it to the limit , another 10% - 15% additional HP. Most important is the tuner ,must be able to find a expert if not later on wrongly/mismatch tuned engine blown . Happpened to a friend of my friend before .

artemus

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
hondata on my non vtec,non turbo,non dohc 15 year old automatic gb summor? hehehe its an overkill..a good tuner..yes i can find it one or 2 shop here..but they say hondata hard to find..and got many version..

but hondata is transerable right? good investment if im swapping engine..

need for speed is everywer in my vein now... smile_blackeye.gif at least 200kmh will b enuff

rallychamp

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Oct 5 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hondata on my non vtec,non turbo,non dohc 15 year old automatic gb summor? hehehe its an overkill..a good tuner..yes i can find it one or 2 shop here..but they say hondata hard to find..and got many version..

but hondata is transerable right? good investment if im swapping engine..

need for speed is everywer in my vein now... smile_blackeye.gif at least 200kmh will b enuff

200km/h enough ah????

don't believe...

coz my bike was 140 before this...even now speedo reading out of scale still not enough....gues lust for speed never gone....even f1 might be not fast enough after we getting used to it... smile_sleepy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)