Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kenari Engine Mounting

• Please log in to reply

wajation

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

wajation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Is it normal for Kenari to have engine mounting problems? Only 3 years old, seems too early. According to service center, it's normal and need to replace, total cost more than RM1000. Is the price reasonable?

Thanks to all sifu response in advance.

cucuk

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

cucuk

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
the price for original P2 parts incl labor is about there, u can try local parts, much cheaper but dunno can last how long, for me, i dun even care about the vibration

wajation

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

wajation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (cucuk @ Sep 29 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the price for original P2 parts incl labor is about there, u can try local parts, much cheaper but dunno can last how long, for me, i dun even care about the vibration

But the SC said that if don't change, it's very dangerous. Is this true?

cucuk

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

cucuk

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
QUOTE (wajation @ Sep 30 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the SC said that if don't change, it's very dangerous. Is this true?

Depend on how severe, if the rubber mounting already crack into pieces then the engine may be out of position a bit during hard acceleration, mine already 5 years, 80k km, also vibrate very bad, if the vibration only felt during idling, try increase the idle speed a bit

7thfort

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

7thfort

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
I changed mine at 90,000 km, after 5 years. After that, less vibration, like new smile_big.gif
"Be Prepared"

ramdzans

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

ramdzans

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
hi everyone,
i had similar experience with the mounting thingy in my kenari. since 2001, i've been changing the engine mounting for three (times).

yes, the price is around that figure from a p2sc including labour.

i guess, the 3 cylinder engine is a bit hard on vibrations. and the way we drive, and the condition where we live makes it just among the biggest factor that contribute to the lifespan of that particular rubber part.

anyway, not that i'm complaining. i've been using it for so long, i guess, such is only 'minor' maintenance i need to take care - as the kenari has took care of my travelling needs for at least 256000km and counting!

biggrin.gif

kc2

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

kc2

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
wow

what a record, i happen to ask about the reliability to its engine from the Service centre & so far no major overhaul yet

i am proud to own one of them

keep it up

QUOTE (ramdzans @ Oct 1 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi everyone,
i had similar experience with the mounting thingy in my kenari. since 2001, i've been changing the engine mounting for three (times).

yes, the price is around that figure from a p2sc including labour.

i guess, the 3 cylinder engine is a bit hard on vibrations. and the way we drive, and the condition where we live makes it just among the biggest factor that contribute to the lifespan of that particular rubber part.

anyway, not that i'm complaining. i've been using it for so long, i guess, such is only 'minor' maintenance i need to take care - as the kenari has took care of my travelling needs for at least 256000km and counting!

biggrin.gif

Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.
- Abraham Lincoln

Kruel

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Kruel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
if the mounting really gave way
the engine can actually 'shake' rather than just vibrate
happend to my gf's kelisa once
when change gear to reverse the engine shake and kinda knock on the engine bay
can hear a 'thud' sound

3 cyliders engine vibrate quite serius
need a good and suitable mounting to absorb the vibration
better get the original 1

cucuk

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

cucuk

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
QUOTE (Kruel @ Oct 6 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the mounting really gave way
the engine can actually 'shake' rather than just vibrate
happend to my gf's kelisa once
when change gear to reverse the engine shake and kinda knock on the engine bay
can hear a 'thud' sound

3 cyliders engine vibrate quite serius
need a good and suitable mounting to absorb the vibration
better get the original 1

seriously, it's not bcos of the 3 cylinders set up, i owned a kancil b4, the vibration from kenari is worst than kancil honestly, i've done 80000+km in my kancil within 4 years b4 selling it and nvr even need to change the mounting at all

spkster

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

spkster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
Try to stay away from the non-ori mounting for Kenari. Tried to save cost and used non-ori for the back mounting (the most expensive) and it did not solve the vibration issue. Had to spend more money to buy the ori one smile_blackeye.gif

The mounting cost is a lot cheaper now. Complete set (all 3) Daihatsu mountings cost about RM600 and labour outside is around RM80.