Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Duragloss Detailing Steps

• Please log in to reply

dripinrain

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

dripinrain

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 18 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now I put a Kitchen tissue under the pads. (Those thick big tissue for kitchen use one). As water goes to the bottom the tissue soaks it up....dry time much faster...... smile_thumbup.gif

I put on old newspaper ok or not ?

Sifu2 sekalian, polish got chemical (or is it grit) to polish off dirt frm paint rite ? So should i apply light pressure only to avoid eating into the clear coat ? Is is bad to use force ? I using 101 specifically, but also enquiring about other polish wax generally.

vx55

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

vx55

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
QUOTE (dripinrain @ Sep 19 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I put on old newspaper ok or not ?

Sifu2 sekalian, polish got chemical (or is it grit) to polish off dirt frm paint rite ? So should i apply light pressure only to avoid eating into the clear coat ? Is is bad to use force ? I using 101 specifically, but also enquiring about other polish wax generally.

Hi there,

Hmmm, I prefer not to place the pads on old newspapers since the newspapers is not clean enough. Newspaper contains carbon and lots of loose paper fibres.

DG101 has light abrasives and chemical cleaners, but it is safe for clear coats. Even with ultra silly soft paints, you might be able to scratch the paintwork with an applicator pad regardless of the product you are using, but you still won't be 'eating' into clear coat. With that said, I tend to use more pressure compared to applying waxes/sealants because I want to work the product to maximize the abrasive and cleaning powers. Check each section for improvements such as gloss and swirl removal before proceeding to the next section.
In short, don't worry about DG101 'eating' into your paint. I don't think that will happen.

PS: I still recommend claying the paintwork first even when you are going to use a polish/AIO/cleaner wax.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (vx55 @ Sep 19 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

Hmmm, I prefer not to place the pads on old newspapers since the newspapers is not clean enough. Newspaper contains carbon and lots of loose paper fibres.

DG101 has light abrasives and chemical cleaners, but it is safe for clear coats. Even with ultra silly soft paints, you might be able to scratch the paintwork with an applicator pad regardless of the product you are using, but you still won't be 'eating' into clear coat. With that said, I tend to use more pressure compared to applying waxes/sealants because I want to work the product to maximize the abrasive and cleaning powers. Check each section for improvements such as gloss and swirl removal before proceeding to the next section.
In short, don't worry about DG101 'eating' into your paint. I don't think that will happen.

PS: I still recommend claying the paintwork first even when you are going to use a polish/AIO/cleaner wax.

I agree. Old newspaper contains printing ink and with any liquid might dissolve and stain the pads.
As mentioned the kitchen towels are better. If you need it to be thicker, lay a few layers.
One more things, place the back of the pads on the kitchen towels, and not the pad surface......

Regarding the pressure, I would say depending on the product use (since you mention other products too) and also the surface condition. Always try one spot first. If you see that it did not work too well in removing what you wanted to remove, then try second round and apply a little pressure. If still don't work, you need a stronger product........my 2 sen

mubull

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Sep 18 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Cleaning method for Microfiber Towel, MF Pad after used of Duragloss Products.

1. Switch On your Water Heater and spray warm water to pad or mf pad.
2. Spray some Dawn Dissolver on the pad and let it soak for 5 minutes.
3. You can use a very soft toothbrush to clean your pad but not recommended to use your bore hand since Dawn Dissolver are strong in chemical.

Right is the Dawn Dissolver and left is Dawn Concentrated Soap

4. Spray with warm water again and rinse till clean OR ā€¦
5. Spray again with Dawn Concentrated Soap (1:4 dilution) and scrub the pad by your bore hand and let it soak with warm water for overnight.. Rinse until it is clean then let it Air Dry especially MF Pad, Drying WW and Wash mitt.

Tips: For the ease of cleaning and rinsing. I normally put the pad, cloth, Drying WW and wash mitt on top of my 2x2 IKEA Plastic Chopping board which I bought it from Ikeaā€™s Kitchen department session.

CHEAP IKEA Plastic Chopping board

Bros, Please share your tips for Cleaning pads, new application method.

i recalled these plastic chopping board only cost me +- RM15
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
Wah, use the Dissolver first, then the Concentrated soap. No wonder your pads are cleaner........ smile_shock.gif

But after trying the water heater spray method, my pads are also cleaner now.....Thks for the head up..... smile_thumbup.gif

mubull

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 24 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, use the Dissolver first, then the Concentrated soap. No wonder your pads are cleaner........ smile_shock.gif

But after trying the water heater spray method, my pads are also cleaner now.....Thks for the head up..... smile_thumbup.gif

I bought the dawn Dissolver first which recommended by Kris while we do shopping ... Then later try the Concentrated. Both same price at the moment. I normally dillute the Concentrated with the ratio of 1:3 to 1:5
www.duragloss.com.my

vr2turbo

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Sep 24 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the dawn Dissolver first which recommended by Kris while we do shopping ... Then later try the Concentrated. Both same price at the moment. I normally dillute the Concentrated with the ratio of 1:3 to 1:5

So in that case can we use one only, instead of both, so we can save on one mah....... smile_thumbup.gif

mubull

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 24 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in that case can we use one only, instead of both, so we can save on one mah....... smile_thumbup.gif

added some machine instruction for 501
Maybe I will list down some basic steps which will be easier rather than keep emailing... Bros here can share with their own or new technique as well.

501->601->601->105/trackclaw
Step1 Paint cleaning with 101/501 AIO

Damp the MF Applicator Pad with filter water. Pour a 5-10-cent size amount of product to MF Applicator Pad which is good for 2x2 feet working area, try to use Straight Line method and avoid circular motion to reduce marring for all products. A thin layer, hazy and cloudy effect is good enough. Use little force to apply especially for stubborn stain. Mist some filter/distilled water again if the MF applicator pad has dry up.

You can do another round of polish with 101/501 if you noticed the paint is still dirty (especially white) because 101/501 will improve clarity of your paint. After that, proceed to next area without buffing off because you can complete the whole car to save your time. The 101/501 will turned haze after about 5-10 mins and it is ready to buff off, you can even leave it on for another 1-2 hours before buffing off.YOU ARE DONE NOW.

By Machine: Bosch ROB with Polishing pad (LC 5.25ā€¯ White). Mist and Prime the pad with filter/distilled water or DG521 Detailer Spray. Put about 2-3 small drops for a 2x2 feet working area. Set to Speed 3 and you are ready to go. For RB users, set to 1000-1100rpm. Mist some filter/distilled water again if the pad has dry up.

Step 2: 601 Paint Bonding Agent. This is an OPTIONAL step that you can do if you have the time. Pour a 10-cent size amount of 601 to a MF Applicator Pad and do a quick wipe on those panels that you want to detail in Step 3 . 601 PBA are transparent and you might not see the hazy or cloudy effect.

The 10-cent size amount of 601 can work on an estimated 2 feet x 2 feet panel. You just need to wipe and glides a thin layer of 601 over to paint surface without much pressure. NO need to buff off

STEP 3: 105 TPP/Trackclaw Sealant Protection.

Use 5-10-cent size amount of product is good for 2 feet x 2 feet panel. Apply onto panel with thin layer, cloudy and hazy effect is good enough. Allow time to haze for about 10 mins and you can start buffing-off with MF Cloth. You can also apply to the whole car before buffing-off to save more time. If you prefer to apply 2 layers of 105/TC, please allow 4 hours curing time before the next layer. With 2 layers, you will gain more protection and deeper in color.

By Machine: Bosch ROB with Finishing pad (LC 5.25ā€¯ black or blue). Mist and Prime the pad with filter/distilled water or DG951 Aquawax. Put about 2-3 small drops for a 2x2 feet working area. Set to Speed 1 and you are ready to go
www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
Just to elaborate further about cleaning of WW. It is advised to be personally hand washed and not to be placed into a washing machine due to its silk trimmings. The tips or instruction can be found in the website.

Waffle Wave Drying Towel.

1. Before the drying process, please soak the towel with water for 1 minute.
2. Squeeze dry and place flat the WW on your panel for 5-10 seconds.
3. Do the same for other panel. You can squeeze dry the WW again for other panel with ease if you feel the towel are full.

Tips: It is always recommended to clean your WW or any MF after used. Normally I spray the WW Drying towel with water to loosen dirt then let it air dry. I will never put it under the sun. If you find your WW Drying towel contains lots of dirt or stain, please spray some Dawn Concentrated mixtures and rub it by hand to prolong the lifespan. It is advised to be personally hand washed and not to be placed into a washing machine due to its silk trimmings.

Also please keep safe your WW Drying towel if found your neighbour house under renovation because it might absorb those airborne siemens which makes it difficult to clean.

www.duragloss.com.my

mubull

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Also, please do not remove the hangtag from the towel because it is properly sewn in with the silk trimmings. The new Premium MF will not have any tag nor sticker.
www.duragloss.com.my