Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Roof Box System For Rondo Ex Model

• Please log in to reply

sugen

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
ok lo.. But, now it seems like u are paying more.. So, update us for your roof box..

QUOTE (okwaja @ Sep 25 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kawan, something call budget smile_tongue.gif . I've already streched the 70K++ to 80K++. Further I don't need the autoclimate, 16"wheel.... currently did a lot of travelling with Parents to visit relative to KL. Something space for lugages not enough especially 3 rows occupied.

I got better option from Australia - Rhinorack & Rola rack, both ready for Rondo - non permanent roof rack. Considering this few options. To be frank, I don't have good impression with Thule for their respond over the mail which they don't even have any interest to develop but their competitor Yakima, Rhino & Rola are ready for Rondo EX. So next time when to purchase the roof box, for sure I'll strike off this Thule in my list.

okwaja

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
finally i got a real solution which fit all my requirement - Roofbag.com
I'll order the bag and tried it out.

epulina

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

epulina

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
okwaja....pls update ur comment after u've use it

Kevin

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:51 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (okwaja @ Sep 29 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally i got a real solution which fit all my requirement - Roofbag.com
I'll order the bag and tried it out.

From the website, the bag will be secured with just 2 straps running from side to side (on cars without roof rails). I wonder that is sufficient to keep the bag secure on the roof.

Good price though.

okwaja

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
probably the anti slip mat helps to secure further, from the internet review and testimonial, look like this system proven to withstand the test. Further this company rated AAA in US.

wctan

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

wctan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi guys,

Want to contribute a bit here. Initially had wanted to install a Thule but I find the price is too steep and furthermore won't be fully utilizing it anyway. So did some research and bought this from Amazon. At the price of < US$50 I think its a steal...

Haven't got the chance to use it yet though.. ;-) Bought it as the users feedback were pretty positive. Its called Rain-X 161040 Water-Resistant Roof Top Cargo Bag. Do a search on roof top cargo bag; they are very common in the states.

http://www.amazon.co...-...5706&sr=1-1

sugen

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
So, u had made the order? The price is very extractive.. M exploring the mentioned product.. Perhaps u need to have the Protective Mat to prevent scratches of the roof.. The protective mat looks like the non stick pad.. My only concern is that Is it secure as only 2 stripe to tighten the beg for car with only roof railing without cross bar like Rondo 09..

QUOTE (okwaja @ Sep 29 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
probably the anti slip mat helps to secure further, from the internet review and testimonial, look like this system proven to withstand the test. Further this company rated AAA in US.

wctan

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

wctan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Sep 29 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, u had made the order? The price is very extractive.. M exploring the mentioned product.. Perhaps u need to have the Protective Mat to prevent scratches of the roof.. The protective mat looks like the non stick pad.. My only concern is that Is it secure as only 2 stripe to tighten the beg...

Yes got it now at home. ;-) As for the non stick pad think can easily get those antislip mats available commonly at stores; if not the antislip mat from Ikea used as underlay for carpets might do the trick as well.

sugen

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
huh.. u too bough it? I thought is okwaja... So i can dig more infor from you.. so is your Rondo EXS? So how much u bough it include shipping... can it secure on the roof railing as it is only 2 stripes.. pls share more ..TQ

QUOTE (wctan @ Sep 29 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes got it now at home. ;-) As for the non stick pad think can easily get those antislip mats available commonly at stores; if not the antislip mat from Ikea used as underlay for carpets might do the trick as well.

wctan

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

wctan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Sep 29 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.. u too bough it? I thought is okwaja... So i can dig more infor from you.. so is your Rondo EXS? So how much u bough it include shipping... can it secure on the roof railing as it is only 2 stripes.. pls share more ..TQ

Yeap.. mine's a EXS. Haven't used it before but looking at the size when installing it will sit on the antenna but guess this is okay. Bought it at current Amazon price and have it brought back thru a friend flying back from States. Not worth to ship it as the package is quite heavy.

As for securing the bag on the roof with just 4 points should be okay as some users have feedback doing the same thing and it is still secure at high speeds.